frustrated

Options
I lost 7 pounds the first 2 weeks of using MFP.....now this 3rd week I've lost nothing, maybe even gained! I'm doing everything exactly as I was before! What's going on?

15112172.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    The weight you lose in the beginning is mostly water. Continue to eat well and exercise and you should see more progress. But it likely won't be 3.5 pounds per week. Opening your diary would help people offer more specific recommendations.
  • lesliehfranklin
    Options
    I agree- probably fluid lost. You probably were eating high sodium before you started. Sounds like you do retain fluid so I would watch your sodium carefully. Hang in there :smile:
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
  • janpoo
    janpoo Posts: 1
    Options
    you are still doing great! not every week will be the same. eating less and being consistant on cardio will win out. just remember we didnt get this way over night, and it wont be near as fun getting it off as it was putting it on. I know you can do it! just hang in there!
  • JenniferH007
    Options
    WOMAN CAN FLEXUATE BETWEEN 3-5 POUND DON'T WORRY IT OK . DON'T BEET YOUR SELF OVER IT. AND STAY POSIVE. YOU CAN DO IT THERE ARE GOING TO BE DAY WE HIT PLATO AND THEN THIER ARE DAY THAT WE WILL DO BETTER THEN THE WEEK BEFORE SO IT THAT IS NORMAL . YOUR DOING GREAT .YOU ARE WELCOME TO ADD ME IF YOU WANT
    JENNIFER
  • JenniferH007
    Options
    EATING LESS IS NOT ALWAYS SMART UNLESS IT IS ON THE TARGET OF YOUR CALORIE COUNT YOU HAVE TO EAT TO LOSS WEIGHT.
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Girl, Don't fret!! With my weight loss experience and my personal training experience- my best best best best BEST advice to you is continue to change up things- Change what you eat, change how you exercise. I HIGHLY recommend HIIT (high intensity interval training- google for more information) 2-3 times per week in conjunction with your strength and normal cardio routine. Hope this helps-
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Stick with it, stay consistent and keep researching/experimenting to find out what works best. You will be fine.
  • FatFernando
    FatFernando Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That is exactly my story! week 3 and stuck.
    My hopes are that sometime next week i will suddenly drop a couple.
    On a good note, I could sure feel the 7 less when i went for a job this morning.

7 pounds is the weight of a gallon of milk!
  • mikemod
    mikemod Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WOW, calm down. This needs to be a lifestyle change not a 3 week sprint! 7 pounds in two weeks starting from where? 300, no big deal. 150, that's a huge loss.

Just make it a lifestyle change and you'll be fine.
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for sharing! I really needed to read this.
  • Kona54
    Kona54 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    make sure you are eating a variety of fruit and veggies...lean protein..try eating more green veggies...and only 2 fruits a day..and never the same fruit..lots of water..stay away from diet drinks..only 2 cups of coffee..stevia is good in the coffee...no juices
  • wendsong
    wendsong Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You are doing a great job and every week won't be the same. Stay encouraged and know you are doing a good thing for your body and your future. This journey may have ups and downs but stick with it and you will reap the reward! Have a great week!!:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I started at 234........this healthy thing is really hard for me as I do not like very many fruits and veggies but I really am trying. My husband, brother, and another woman and myself joined a community pound plunge....where the winner gets a free trip so it's a good incentive although I have tried many times to make a lifestyle change, hoping this time it happens!!
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for sharing! I really needed to read this.

I agree...this is good to know!!