Over fifty and not giving up!

Options

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. I'm 59. It can be done. I have lost over 50 pounds so far since February 2011.
  • taliason
    taliason Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your story and my story are one and the same. I'm finding that the MFP tracker is helping me stay focused. Let's keep going! Friends welcome.
  • taliason
    taliason Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Woops. My previous post was specifically in response to cmlucia.

Cruisngrl, I've got you beat by a year, but isn't it nice to find others in our age bracket here at MPF?
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    50 here! :smile: Feel free to add me if you like!

Bob
  • gdkids6
    gdkids6 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you want to. I am 58 and I am also not giving up even though the weight is coming off alot slower then when I was younger.
  • brandts
    brandts Posts: 24
    Options
    Here I am, in the same boat as many of you. I am 53, and have been doing the diet yoyo for years. I really am serious this year, hopefully with your help I can do it.
  • JoMFrasca
    JoMFrasca Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You are right not to give up! You can do it. I am 58 and I have lost over 65 pounds and now weigh what I did in my 20's. I also almost feel that young too! While the weight may come off slower over 50, it still comes off if you keep your calories down and exercise. Best of luck!
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Over 50. Loving it!! Working hard to get those extra pounds off and lead a healthier life-style. Anyone want to hook up as friends and give each other some support, please send a request. Wouldn't mind a strong support group!!
  • MaryPhilomena
    MaryPhilomena Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 next month - looking for friends to support me to loose the weigh and get fit. Please add me as we need all the support we can get :)
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am sending you a friend request as I am 54 and trying to lose 60 lbs. We can do this together!!! I am always looking for friends around my age too.

Hugs
    Bev
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, too. I'm 51 and had gastric bypass 6 months ago and doing very well. I'm about 25 lbs away from my goal. My nutritionist suggested I come here to log my intake and exercise. I love this program and have already recommended it to friends and family. I love getting healthy and strong. Would love to have friends and moral support :)
  • rrtnrn
    rrtnrn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya, sistah!!! I will be 51 in June and I'm tired of the yo-yo dieting routine, EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!!
  • 13142164.png
    ❤ Veggies ROCK ❤ - Free Weight Loss Tools

Looks Like You Have Tons of Buddies Now!! I am available too :)
  • dianellen54
    Options
    I'm new, too. 57 and need to lose 40 to 50 pounds. My worst time of day is from 3:00 to dinner time. I'm a teacher, so when I get home from school I want to snack! (I blame my mom for this; she always had snacks for me after school :)!!) Anyway, I just started and would love to join the over fifty group!!!!
  • jennannparker
    Options
    I am a newbie as well and I posted to wrong page.
  • LadyLoriAnn
    Options
    Im with you! we can do it!! I added you!
  • LadyLoriAnn
    Options
    Also new
  • paledi
    paledi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'll encourage you!
  • grumpy2day
    Options
    I'm 51 and been slowly gaining weight, and I want to nip it in the bud. Sending a friend request your way.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Im 65 and I lost 2 and half stone over about 14 months or so got down to my present weight about 5 months ago. So it can be done, you just need to remain focused and keep using MFP for support from your friends. Feel free to add me as a friend it would be an honour to support you on your journey. Byeee and good luck