Over fifty and not giving up!

Options

Replies

• juliedee6
    juliedee6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 65 and since starting MFP in early January I've lost 10 pounds! I'd been trying to lose it for years. Here's some adivice besides tracking your food that won't cost you anything. I got a personal trainer at the gym and it has made all the difference to me. She is focused on endurance rather than weight lifting (however, she does have me use the weight machines and free weights.) The first thing she did was to have me take it easier on the cardio machines. I consistently was working at my maximum heart rate thinking that was best. She slowed me down to work within the heart range at which I burn fat. You can go to the Mayo Clinic website and there is a calculator to help you find it. Then, she gives me all of these different workouts using a balance ball and dumbbells. You could probably find plenty of these on the internet if you can't afford a personal trainer. You could also use a variety of workout DVDs. I had been using the same weight machines workout for years. Our bodies adapt to our activities and unless you keep your body guessing, you will hold on to your weight or have a hard time using it.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and I need all the support I can get too! Add me!
  • dianellen54
    Options
    I'm 57 and on my way to losing 40 to 50 pounds! I just started back on myfitnesspal after a 7 month lapse. Should have kept going! I have a very stressful job, and I'm a stress eater...so....you know! Anyway, I'd love to join your group!!!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Me me me! I'm 53 and doing really well through mfp. Enjoying it too.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 this past Nov. I have found the older I get the harder it is to lose so encouragement and accountibilty is a must!
  • blessmy5
    Options
    I'm right on your heals at 48 and ready for a new healthy lifestyle!
  • kimbear
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 54 and finding this forum a great way to stay on track :)
  • kimbear
    Options
    I'm looking for friends over 50 as well. I'm 54. Count me in :)
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
  • phyllis26
    Options
    Count me in ! I would love to be in this group. Great job in your weight lost! You will be at your goal before you know it.:smile:
  • rolly896
    Options
    Ill be your buddy! rolly896
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request Iam 51 and have been trying to lose weight since I was 40yrs old Ive been on here since nov.2011 and like u I dont intend on giving up this time..Lets do this!!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: 52 here! I've been on for a couple of years. I am up and down a bit bit so much better than before! Let's do this together all! These should be the best years of our lives! Agree?!:wink:
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm 57 and could use some 50+ friends. I've been on MFP for a while. Lost a decent amount of weight, gained some back, and now trying again to lose it again, once and for all.
  • fluffy925
    fluffy925 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 too, with a lot to lose and would love some friend requests!
  • vachm
    vachm Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    51 here! Feel free to add me. Trying to get rid of the pinot grigio gut!
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump.....nice to meet you all
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I just turned 60 and would love all of you as my friends.
  • juliepsaginaw
    juliepsaginaw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Turning 51 in March... I'm in same boat as you are. I don't know how to add someone yet, but will try to figure it out so I can add you. I started using this site the end of November and to date I have healthily dropped 27 pounds. If I can do it, so can you!!