Over fifty and not giving up!

Options
124»

Replies

• BetterMe99
    Options
    This looks like what I am looking for I started on January 16 and so far I have lost 3lbs. I even have my other half rooting for me. Which I never saw before. I guess he seen how unhappy I was at the weight I had gained. I would like to have a friend on here to help me reach our goals.
  • Goalsforsusie
    Goalsforsusie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    55 here and so tired of being tired!!!! Goal to lose 50 pounds
    but can you tell me how to add friends so I can make you a friend.
  • sanmar7
    sanmar7 Posts: 10
    Options
    I AM OVER FIFTY TOO AND HOPE THIS IS MY YEAR HAVE TRYED A LOT BUT BEEN DOIN THIS FOR THREE WEEKS AND REALLY LIKE IT WOULD LIKE TO BE UR FRIEND
  • faithinhim2
    faithinhim2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am with ya....we can do it
  • sanmar7
    sanmar7 Posts: 10
    Options
    WOULD LIKE TO BE UR FRIEND TOO IM 53 AND NEED TO LOOSE FIFTY LBS
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I am 53 and have been here since last Feb. so almost a year! I have lost 100 lbs at the age of 53 so you can do this!! To me it wasnt any harder than when I tried any other time in my life.. I think I was a little more determined being that I was over 50 and people told me it would be so hard! The one thing different than the other times is that I am keeping it off and made a lifestyle change not a diet. Older and wiser I say!
    Good luck and if you have room for another friend I am here for you!
  • DonnieBailey
    Options
    I am 65 and at 63 started eating 1200 calories and exercising and lost 67 pounds. I wanted to lose 33 more but I was retiring this past August and too much stress caused me to almost give up on eating right. I hung in there but hurt my back in September and had back surgery in December so now I'm almost 20 pounds heavier so I started the 1200 calorie and riding a bicycle and walking and using a shake weight and some back exercises determined I will lost down to 165 where I will be comfortable at a 14. I have to lose 38 pounds to do this.
  • krakenmama
    krakenmama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is that the Trevi Fountain behind you?? I went to Italy in 2005 with my daughter, it was one of our favourite spots. I am 54 and need to lose around 9-10 kgs. I enjoy exercise but wine is my killer. I am trying to cut right back on that. Only been doing this for a week and already had a "wine day". Determined to keep at it though. Going to France in August and want to be slimmer and fitter so I can really enjoy it.
  • krakenmama
    krakenmama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sorry this was to Cando055 - I didn't realise it would post right at the end - not really good at this posting stuff!
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Kraken, yes that's Trevi Fountain! I'm from the U.S., but we visited Rome 2 years ago, also Cinque Terre and Siena. Loved Italy so much we returned last year for Florence, Tuscany, and Venice. What a wonderful country and oh, the food! Wine is also my downfall. Trying to seriously limit consumption while I work off 35 excess pounds.
  • minimum1960
    Options
    I find that MFP is not a diet to me. Disclaimer: I'm an analyst, numbers are my thing.
    I started a month ago and I eat what I want. No special food to measure or cook. However, because I can now see the numbers associated with the food I find myself using moderation. It works.
  • JPSD53
    Options
    I am 53 and not giving up either. I am determined, Good Luck to all of us ! JP in San Diego :happy:
  • ninainMA
    ninainMA Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    56 and looking for buddies in this age bracket too.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Kraken, yes that's Trevi Fountain! I'm from the U.S., but we visited Rome 2 years ago, also Cinque Terre and Siena. Loved Italy so much we returned last year for Florence, Tuscany, and Venice. What a wonderful country and oh, the food! Wine is also my downfall. Trying to seriously limit consumption while I work off 35 excess pounds.

Heh heh! I have the very same photo!
  • JoMFrasca
    JoMFrasca Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Maggie, you look fabulous! Your arm muscles and definition are impressive. You should be very proud of yourself as you have worked hard to achieve this! I think your new motto should be "Don't Mess with Maggie!" Who says Over Fifty is over the hill? Not this bunch!
  • Hi, I've been here less than a week, am 54 years old and a yo yo dieter for years. Hoping to lose about 20lbs to start with. Would love to meet new friends.
  • deeshear
    Options
    Hi...just started this week too and i wish i only had 20 lbs to lose...more like 100 lbs but so far, so good. I think it's really great that I can just key in what I eat and the webpage gives me all i need to keep up with what I'm doing. I know it's gonna take a long time but I didn't put it on over nite and I'm sure not gonna get it off over nite.
  • anniem112
    anniem112 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    plz add me
  • Maintenanceman08
    Options
    Hi I'm Donnie and I'm 52 be 53 in May..Been married for 15 years .We have 8 kids between us including a 4 year old son that is kicking my but...Trying to lose weight so I can be around for my 4 year old son..Like to see him grow up...Need to lose about 50 lbs..Need all the motivation I can get... Please add me I need the help...
  • frumpytofit
    Options
    1958 baby boomer bumping this thread