emotional eaters

Options
what a night ive had and what do i think of to solve my problems, food .. seriously? any other emotional eaters out there?:huh:

Replies

• RedHeadChick
    RedHeadChick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think there are lots of people who are the same way. Bored at night, watching t.v. and raiding the cabinet for snacks! Uhhh... It can be an endless cycle. I decided to throw out all the bad stuff, so my options are limited. I try to have healthy, yummy snacks ready and prepped for when I get snackish. How do you avoid the snack cabinet?
  • PinkGoth
    PinkGoth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    *Raises hand*

If I am not careful i am an emotional eater, happy, sad, frustrated, stressed or just boredom can have me heading to the bad stuff!

Let me know if you hear of a cure! :laugh:
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've had a disaster of a day, and I was actually thinking earlier how I had, a year ago, probably just "solved it" by treating myself to sweets or ice cream but now that doesn't at all appeal to me anymore. I just know that if I let my emotions make me eat things that I shouldn't eat I'll get emotional over the fact that I ate, and I'll get myself caught up in a vicious circle haha!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    -sigh- me :( I declared it a cheat day because my MIL has been pissing me off, non-stop, all day. At least I cheated with a big bowl of fresh fruit? lol. I don't usually do it, but today I gave in, bad me. I will exercise though.
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yep....ugh....I am and it's been one of those days...sounds like it's going around! Trying not to let the guilt and stuff get to me. Tomorrow is a new day....right!
  • threasarenee
    threasarenee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am definately an emotional eater! I eat when I am sad, bored, happy, frustrated, lonely, embaressed, angry! My sister trys to be there for me and sometimes it helps, but not always. Any tips out there besides eating something healthy!
  • 1resolute
    Options
    I'm definitely one and it doesn't help that stopped smoking either. But eating more natural things that don't come out of a bag or a box help. I also find that keeping a journal and writing how I feel makes feel better too.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Me! Boredom eater too. I even look in the fridge when I'm not even hungry just to see what we have. sucks.
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm a boredom eater so I try to keep busy.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Me! Boredom eater too. I even look in the fridge when I'm not even hungry just to see what we have. sucks.

Me too :( Well I guess not so much anymore, but definitely was. My mom grew up in an Italian/Catholic household, and for them, every occasion was a reason to feast. "It's Christmas, mangia!" "It's Thursday? Mangia!" "The sun came up?! MANGIA!"
    So I kind of inherited that from her -.-
  • heidi2004
    heidi2004 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    definately!!! night time is my worst, put the kids down and raid the fridge time!!!
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options

Me too :( Well I guess not so much anymore, but definitely was. My mom grew up in an Italian/Catholic household, and for them, every occasion was a reason to feast. "It's Christmas, mangia!" "It's Thursday? Mangia!" "The sun came up?! MANGIA!"
    So I kind of inherited that from her -.-

ahahaha! YES! I'm full blooded Italian and that's exactly how it goes in my house.
  • lorabaybai
    Options
    well if some genious out there thought of a cure they would be rolling in it !!! i hate eating my feelings i was putting it down to not having anyone to talk to about them but maybe its just the way i am !! anger is a bad one everytime im angry i could demolish my kitchen :( xxx
  • lorabaybai
    Options
    anger is a bad one everytime im angry i could demolish my kitchen :( xxx

...food wise ... ha
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    Yes, I think there are lots of people who are the same way. Bored at night, watching t.v. and raiding the cabinet for snacks! Uhhh... It can be an endless cycle. I decided to throw out all the bad stuff, so my options are limited. I try to have healthy, yummy snacks ready and prepped for when I get snackish. How do you avoid the snack cabinet?

raise a doughnut to that! lol
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    to avoid the snack cabinet, i have all my snacks not-made. if i have to cook/make them i am getting less munchy for some reason. :P
  • karenlesley47
    karenlesley47 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bored, upset, anxious...all of those & straight to the cupboard i would go, so the cupboard has been cleared out & filled with things that aren't as high in calories to try & limit the damage i can do.....
    14473573.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    Oh boy. Feel free to friend me dear. I am 100% an emotional/stress eater. G-d forbid I don't feel in control of my day/life...because edible things beware. I turn into an ENDLESS pit. For me it's not as simple as calories in & calories burned....it's healthy eating, exercise and facing my daily stresses and problems without burying my emotions in a bowl of doritos and a box of oreo cookie....and then some cheerios with skim milk....
  • Lusadi
    Lusadi Posts: 79
    Options
    LOL Maybe taking a sledgehammer to the kitchen would help? Then you'd be busy repainting, replacing cabinets, all that sort of thing. No time to eat!
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yes absolutely. I have tried therapy and exercise and lots of other diet programs trying to overcome it, and have most of my life had an eating disorder. Recently I read "Women Food and God" which I have to say was an epiphany. It is not a religious book whatsoever. It is the first time I have really felt like I read something that dealt with the issues I had been struggling with and that book is basically the foundation for my life change. I have mentioned it a few times on these boards but I just think it is so inspiring and helpful for women who are emotional eaters.

What I actually learned from reading the book was that when I have trouble dealing with things I always have to "do" something about it-buy something, eat something. This book has helped me overcome the moments where I am sitting there staring at treats in the store and craving them and feeling like a failure. It has just really helped me realize that all the hatefulness towards myself for so many years, beating myself up, that leads nowhere. When you really love yourself, and want the best for yourself, it is easy to make the best choice for yourself every day in every way. So definitely check the book out, I hope it can help you as much as it helped me :)