Expensive urine or worth the money?

Options
What's your take on daily vitamins?
Are they just a way to make very expensive urine or are they actually good for you?

Also what do people know about the Well Woman/Man vitamin brand. Are vitabotics (as they call them) just another marketing gimmick?

Replies

• psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    NatureMade vitamins are all USP (US Pharmacopeia) approved. You can get them anywhere (grocery store, Target, CVS etc.). I think you have to be careful about the brand you buy because vitamins are not under FDA regulation.

Oh and I'm not sure about the ones you're asking about, sorry.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    NatureMade vitamins are all USP (US Pharmacopeia) approved. You can get them anywhere (grocery store, Target, CVS etc.). I think you have to be careful about the brand you buy because vitamins are not under FDA regulation.

Oh and I'm not sure about the ones you're asking about, sorry.

I'm in England. So I doubt most things here are FDA approved. :laugh:
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    What are vitabiotics? Do you mean probiotics like acidopholus and such? If so, then I am a real believer in the use of them for digestive issues and taking them to stave off issues associated with the use of antibiotics. SInce antibiotics KILL good and bacteria in the body, probiotics help bring more balance to the gut and other ehhmmm hemmm areas that need good bacteria to be healthy.
    Daily vitamins-I'm not stringent on taking them, but I take them when I remember. I think for people who are not big veggie and fruit eaters, and therefore don't get a decent amount of a lot of vitamins in their natural diet can be assisted with them.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I so thought this was going to be an HCG thread.....

Sorry, I have no useful info about the topic at hand. Just wanted to get that out there. :-)
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This article talks about a lot of the studies that have been coming out lately about vitamin use. I don't take any, myself, I just try to get lots of fruit, veggies, green tea and water. I also drink homemade kombucha from time to time (it's got lots of probiotics and stuff in it). Maybe this has some helpful info for you?:

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/17/141411363/americans-urged-to-reconsider-use-of-dietary-supplements

(I know... "americans" again... I think they mean The Human Community. heehee)
  • Yvelily
    Yvelily Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not only are vitamins of dubious worth nutritionally, I worry because in the past 12 years or so, the manufacture of all or most the components of vitamins has moved from the US to China. With their record on food safety, I try to stay away from Chinese ingredients, although it is getting harder! Even the "all natural" vitamins from my local health food store have Chinese ingredients.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    All I can say:

I'm almost 56yo and to explain what an old man's feet and hands and skin look like...The wife and I use to talk about the tiny little bumps growing on my feet and hands very small appeared to be very tiny warts r something. We also noticed brown spots on my hands feet and face..we thought it's just part of getting older and the way your skin does..just aging with time we though..Just looking like most older seniors I see. Long story short I started taking supplements and a vitamin daily. The feet and hands look no **** 15years younger..The face is clearing very well also..It seems I have backed up in time...Now of course proper diet and exercise is a daily routine and have lost 37 pounds so for with only about 10 more to go.. Is it the supplements, we think so and of course a great diet and some exercises as well... I will list what I take and you just have to decide what's works for you. I'm sold no doubt..

vitaminlist.png
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    I don't take many vitamins...just a B-complex to help with energy levels/metabolism and D3. The D3 comes in gummy form...yum!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I am pro supplements. I dont think you can eat everything you're supposed to, especially when in deficit, so taking vits and minerals, oils etc will keep you ticking over nicely! :bigsmile: