Favorite verse

sculley
sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
romans 8:28 pretty much says he makes all things work together for our good... ;)

MODERATOR COMMENT As users are hitting report without knowing the rules see my post further down the thread that starts....

Dear Posters,

Please note that certain topics that were formerly off-limits in the public forums are now permitted to remain on the boards, though we strongly recommend utilizing the new Group feature if you are concerned about unwanted commentary on your topic. The moderators will do our best to enforce civil conversation in this thread, and we expect all participants in this thread to abide by the guidelines which you can review in their entirety here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Please DO NOT report a post that is advertising a group, or that is proceeding politely and without incident.

Replies

• you love God too?

Everything he has created is to make the world go round.. and he has guided us through many religious scriptures to live in a manner which is good for us.

Living the healthy and fit lifestyle sure is one of the good ways to live :)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    I have a lot, but when i'm pushing through a workout I keep thinking to myself:

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...Philippians 4:13
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Isaiah 40:31: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
  • i like that quote cheermom
  • sculley
    Isaiah 40:31: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

I forget the song that has that in it but it's a child saying that verse and it's beyond powerful!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member

I forget the song that has that in it but it's a child saying that verse and it's beyond powerful!

Everlasting God. Beautiful song!
  • tara200
    tara200 Posts: 22 Member
    Ephesians 3:20- Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us
  • AmyjoyHa
    AmyjoyHa Posts: 9 Member
    Revelation 21:4 has got to be my all time favourite. The thought of one day we will live where there will be no more crying or death or pain really lifts my spirits on days that I am reminded of how short of perfection this world is.
  • i need to read my holy scripture in english :(, but i have been informed it has many similarities to the bible.

Also I love Jesus as well as Mohammed.
  • im_blessed
    im_blessed Posts: 74 Member
    I have a lot, but when i'm pushing through a workout I keep thinking to myself:

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...Philippians 4:13

me too!
  • sculley
    Thank you everyone with the verses I appreciate it, it helps me to broaden my horizons as well
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    1 Samuel 15:3,8
    Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' " … He took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, and all his people he totally destroyed with the sword.(NIV)

God is love....:flowerforyou:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11
  • gnrduff1
    gnrduff1 Posts: 36 Member
    Ask youself Why I would choose
    To prostitue
    Myself
    To live with fortune and shame, oh yeah
    When you should have turned to
    The hearts of
    the ones that you would not save, oh yeah
    I told you when I found you
    If there was doubt you should be careful and unafraid
    Now they surround you, all that amounts to
    Is love that you'd trade for perversion and pain.

Oh. You meant THAT type of verse. The one where David cracks Goliath's skull with a rock and birds eat his corpse.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Dear Posters,

Please note that certain topics that were formerly off-limits in the public forums are now permitted to remain on the boards, though we strongly recommend utilizing the new Group feature if you are concerned about unwanted commentary on your topic. The moderators will do our best to enforce civil conversation in this thread, and we expect all participants in this thread to abide by the guidelines which you can review in their entirety here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Posts made to publicize existing Groups are allowed in ALL cases on the Public Forums.

Please DO NOT report a post that is advertising a group, or that is proceeding politely and without incident.

If you start a new topic on the Public Forums, please use the following guideline as a filter:

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.

At our discretion, this thread may be locked or deleted at any time..

With respect,
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    On a positive note scully (props if this is in honor of xfiles) is going to go 2 for 2 on getting threads locked. Impressive.
    Yes it is honor of files, people used to tell me I looked like her..

Yea not my night must of did something wrong... Guess I need to go read the rules before I put my foot in my mouth again
    Meh don't worry about it. I used to be the angel of death for a thread.
    Remember...The truth is out there

:cue music:
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Bumping for future reading.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Sorry if it offends you but if it offends you please don't open the thread. You can tell by the title that it is religious. I find it very helpful to see what others use to get them through this difficult process of losing weight. There have been threads that I have not opened for that very reason.
    The word "verse" is not a strictly religious term. I didn't know what this was about until I opened it.
  • sculley
    Alright honestly please stop anything further bickering....of any sort on this thread it's not welcomed nor wanted take it elsewhere....
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    I'm not a Christian, but I do enjoy religious history and grew up with a strict Christian upbringing.

I always found Romans 8:24 to be quite nice:

For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have?

The Psalms are lovely too.

Some very nice poetry in the bible.
This discussion has been closed.