What to you get @ the movies.. or Bring??

Options
2»

Replies

• Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I keep flavored almonds in my purse at all times. They make appearances at all kinds of places, ESPECIALLY movies.
  • Dallyhi
    Dallyhi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love to bring orange segments with approx. tbsp. of choc. chips. A nice quiet and tastey snack. My husband loves this combo also! :smile:
  • cassblue21
    Options
    The last time I saw a movie was last weekend with my daughter and we shared a large popcorn and dr pepper with some milk duds and nibs! We go once every few months so I allow an indulgence but also count it as my meal as it always fills me up! :)
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Surprised the obligatory post about eatting while watching a movie/TV is bad for you since your mind is focused on the script rather then what you are eatting.
    When the rare occassion comes around and I go to a movie, I take my own bottle of water or diet soda {it is a rare occassion so soda is a treat} and some snack such as veggie chips. Leave the carots and celery at home, noone really wants to hear that.

Why yes it is bad for you but that is why most people bring their own :)
  • jillmsweeneytaylor
    Options
    I say get your big slouch bag out & take some rice cakes (the caramel are my fav) And a bottle of water. It's healthy & kind of like junk food :ohwell:
  • alvabang
    Options
    I always carry a bottle of water and a box of dark chocolate raisinettes. If something salty is wanted I have some of my hubby's popcorn or I have a little snack bag of pretzles.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Went to see Red Tails! Good movie BTW! I took bottled water and special k protien drink mix! Made my own raisins, almonds and pretzel mix! Went to the dollar store and bought twizzlers! Took my big purse!
  • SparkleDoomPony
    SparkleDoomPony Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wasabi fried peas! Just measure them out before-hand.
  • PHDbyEB
    Options
    Drink water and bring an apple if you want something crunchy. I went to the movies last week and packed an apple and an orange, but I went to 7-11 right before the movie (accompanying friends and not expecting ANYTHING for myself) and found an amazing snack called "Go-Picnic" and it has dry roasted edamame, dark chocolate, dried fruit & nuts, gluten free chips and hummus, and it totalled 400 or 450 calories for ALL of it! I'm a gluten-free Vegan, so imagine my joy to find food at 7-11! OH THANK HEAVEN!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Grapes would be an excellent choice!

I'm so doing this the next time I go out.
  • smk402
    smk402 Posts: 4
    Options
    I bring in an empty 32oz water bottle and fill it with ice and water at their soda machine. I seldom eat at the movies, but when I do I'm a sucker for nachos. DH usually gets popcorn, but as I'm not a huge fan of popcorn I may eat a few pieces of his but in no way would I get my own. Of course, I also seldom go to the movies - the last time I was in the theater to see a movie was last summer.

Our theater allows you to bring in your own food items that they do not offer if you call in advance. A girl in my WW meeting got permission to bring in her own snacks by explaining that they do not offer healthy snacks and asking if they would allow her to bring her own healthy snacks. She just has to drop the name of the person she spoke with if anyone asks about her bringing her own food in.
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't go very often. So when I do go, I either get nothing, or I split a small or medium popcorn with a friend. I use to get really into packing my own snacks...but that gets exhausting (maybe if I had kids, I'd deal, but just for ME...meh).

So if I really have the munchies and find myself wanting some, I have half of a small or medium, and that satisfies me. Its horrible, sure...but I have movie popcorn, 3 times a year, tops. If that were enough to kill me or make me fat...well, I'd just give up now. And die.
  • Inebriated
    Options
    I used to bring my own pop and candy and share a large popcorn with my mom. :embarassed: Haven't been to the movies in forever though. Now I would probably bring grapes, carrots, cocoa roasted almonds, or air popped popcorn.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    jerky and water.
    It's only a couple of hours, I only take food if it's going over a meal time.
    I can wait till later to eat otherwise.
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    I eat popcorn at home before I go to see a movie, and then I don't need anything to eat while I'm there. Plus, I don't feel like I'm missing out on a treat.:tongue:
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I dont bring anything or eat anything.
    I make sure I am full going in and its never a problem.

Me, too. Usually we'll go for dinner beforehand so we're not hungry. A Coke Zero suits me for the time it takes to watch the movie.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i bring:

raisins
    carrots
    water
    100 calories packs

my friend once brought in chipotle. no lie.