They both went down to Berlin, joined the Ice Capades
    And oh, I don't know why
    Oh, I don't know why
    Perhaps they'll die, oh yeah

Second verse, same as the first
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I don't know it off the top of my head, but I have it on a piece of paper in my car.. If this thread is still around tomorrow, I'll post it lol (:
    Figured I'd post so I wouldn't lose it.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    1 Corinthians 10:13 There has no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above that you are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that you may be able to bear it.
  • Kristentheviolinist
    Options
    Psalms 66:1-3
    Make a joyful shout to God, all the earth! (2) Sing out the honor of his name; Make his praise glorious. (3) Say to God "How awesome are Your works! Through the greatness of Your power,Your enemies shall submit themselves to You.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Jackie is a punk
    Judy is a runt
    And oh, I don't know why
    Oh, I don't know why

:laugh:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I for one love contemporary Christian music there are verses in songs that get me hooked
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Matthew 10:31: Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Even got a tattoo to remind me (although that may cause controversy too :-)

Summer20090281.jpg
  • sculley
    Options
    Isaiah 40:31: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

I forget the song that has that in it but it's a child saying that verse and it's beyond powerful!

Everlasting God. Beautiful song!

Yes it is!
  • sculley
    Options
    Matthew 10:31: Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Even got a tattoo to remind me (although that may cause controversy too :-)

Summer20090281.jpg

That's awesome! I love it!
  • sculley
    Options
    Song of Solomon and it's part of a song we sing in church

Set me as a seal upon your heart as a seal upon your arm for love is as strong as death jealousy as cruel as the grave. 
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    Jackie is a punk
    Judy is a runt
    And oh, I don't know why
    Oh, I don't know why

Tremendous! Love the Ramones
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

Set me as a seal upon your heart as a seal upon your arm for love is as strong as death jealousy as cruel as the grave. 
    I will agree...though i am no longer Christian I have always loved Song of Solomon.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

I will agree...though i am no longer Christian I have always loved Song of Solomon.

I would also concur with this.
  • sculley
    Options

Sometimes things just stay with you there's no prob with that at all. ;)
  • KemahSunshine
    Options
    A dear friend shared this verse with me after my divorce nearly 16 yrs ago. It lifted my spirits then and has been a comfort to me through every trial & tribulation since then. How comforting to know the Lord has it all in his hands even when we cant see the big picture!!!

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future!"
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    385830_936072950723_58214805_38508427_1221544187_n.jpg

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
    In all your ways submit to Him and He will make your path straight

This verse has practically gotten me through the past year.
  • sculley
    Options
    A dear friend shared this verse with me after my divorce nearly 16 yrs ago. It lifted my spirits then and has been a comfort to me through every trial & tribulation since then. How comforting to know the Lord has it all in his hands even when we cant see the big picture!!!

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future!"

I whole heartedly believe that. I went through a divorce back in 2008 then found my first love again after that we have been together since 2009 and married in 2010. That's why I love Romans 8:28 he may take you to and through the bad but it's to get to where he wants you to be. ;)
  • sculley
    Options
    Anybody ever have a "wow god" moment, you know a time in your life where you know it couldn't have been anyone else or anything else but by his hand and intervention?
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This has been one of my favorite verses since the 8th grade! Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Here are a few that I really like:
    Matthew 7:13-14~ “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Of course John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Here are some that I found from a website that is all about losing weight with GOD!!!
    http://blog.beliefnet.com/ourladyofweightloss/2008/04/bible-passages-that-will-fuel.html

Chewing the Fat … Our Lady of Weight Loss and Dave Chew the Fat … and passages from the Bible appear!
    Dear Our Lady of Weight Loss ~ I gave up the beer and started working at a gym. I lost my beer belly and replaced it with a 6 pack of abs. I started going to church and shared my successes with my congregation.

Our Lady of Weight Loss offers these thought provoking quotes from the Bible.
    “Do you not yet understand, that whatsoever enters in at the mouth, goes into the belly, and is cast out into the sewer?” ~ Matthew 15:17

“Be not anxious for what you shall eat, or what you shall drink … or what you shall wear … Isn’t life more than food? … and the body more than clothing?” ~ Luke 12:22; 29
    “Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.” ~ Matthew 4:4
    “The kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” ~ Romans 14:17
    “Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit … therefore, glorify God in your body.” ~ I Corinth 3:16; 6:19-20

Read more: http://blog.beliefnet.com/ourladyofweightloss/2008/04/bible-passages-that-will-fuel.html#ixzz1kqxEe310
This discussion has been closed.