RED TEAM IS RECRUITING! WEEK 6

Options

Replies

• Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I'm still hovering at 211.5 :mad: Didn't help that the bf shoved food in my face last night and stupid me ate it! Went on MFP after I ate and realized I went way over my calorie goal. I'm ashamed to say I ate pretty darn close to 2100 yesterday and my tummy was grumbling when I went to bed. :sad: What the heck is wrong with me? I do good for a few days and then the fat lady in me says 'omg food quick shove it down your throat' lol I'm gonna have to take that fat lady and leave her stranded in the desert I swear :laugh:

I've been good today though my water drinking is much slower than yesterday. Hopefully after dinner and my walk/jog I'll break that 211 down a little more.
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    Woot! I'm joining the Ready To Be Fit program at the Y next week. I'm just waiting on a letter from my lovely doctor to say its okay.

Bleh...I just did a three hour work out, plus the hour and twenty mintue bike ride to my dentist office >.<

I'm pooped for the day lol. Although I'll probably go back to the gym at 7pm. IDK depends on what's going on. School starts at 8 for me tonight so yeah I'm going to be super busy with the gym, school, and work.

Yikes, maybe all this will make the deployment go faster. Woot! Only 4 more months til my husband is home ^__^

I want to be half way to my goal by then.
  • andrea09
    andrea09 Posts: 124
    Options
    Welcome Vani to the Red Team! The team is the best! I am sure you will find that out real quick! :happy:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome :flowerforyou: I agree, it does appear you guys are the best :happy:
  • andrea09
    Options
    Woot! I'm joining the Ready To Be Fit program at the Y next week. I'm just waiting on a letter from my lovely doctor to say its okay.

Bleh...I just did a three hour work out, plus the hour and twenty mintue bike ride to my dentist office >.<

I'm pooped for the day lol. Although I'll probably go back to the gym at 7pm. IDK depends on what's going on. School starts at 8 for me tonight so yeah I'm going to be super busy with the gym, school, and work.

Yikes, maybe all this will make the deployment go faster. Woot! Only 4 more months til my husband is home ^__^

Oh my goodness....I would be pooped out for sure! And you do sound like you are going to be a very busy!

I cant imagine having to go through deployment. I hope it does go by quick for you and you get to that goal weight. I know you will! Just think how surprised your husband will be when he gets home!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options

WOW - Thats a lot of working out. The rate your going your hubby won't even recognize you when he gets back home :laugh:

Welcome to the red team Vani... this group rocks!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm still hovering at 211.5 :mad: Didn't help that the bf shoved food in my face last night and stupid me ate it! Went on MFP after I ate and realized I went way over my calorie goal. I'm ashamed to say I ate pretty darn close to 2100 yesterday and my tummy was grumbling when I went to bed. :sad: What the heck is wrong with me? I do good for a few days and then the fat lady in me says 'omg food quick shove it down your throat' lol I'm gonna have to take that fat lady and leave her stranded in the desert I swear :laugh:

I've been good today though my water drinking is much slower than yesterday. Hopefully after dinner and my walk/jog I'll break that 211 down a little more.

Today I'll hit 2000. Counting my exercise calories, I'm only about 150 over, but still! UGH! I know what you mean about the fat lady in you making you shovel in food. :explode: I'm so frustrated, but I really have no energy left to go for a walk or anything. Sooooo tired. Longer workout tomorrow, definitely so I can feel ok about today.

Don't bum yourself out about hovering around the same weight. I weight myself a few times a week but only record it on Mondays when we weigh in. Monday I was 178.5. This morning I was 182, but it'll be completely different by Monday for our weigh-in. So don't fret, just keep looking up. :smile:
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Don't have much time, so this will be short...I think I ate OK today, not much exercise though. Just waaaay too busy. Maybe I burned enough calories today while I was cleaning this lady's house.....Well, I've got to go, I have a 4 hour class, and then I gotta get up in the morning and exercise and go take care of the elderly lady and then babysit and then come home and exercise more and do homework....:noway:

Welcome, Vani! I hope you love this team! I wouldn't know what to do without it!! :heart:

Have a great day, everyone!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm posting a lot today. Sorry guys! I've just been home all day and bored out of my mind.

So I was annoyed that I was going to overshoot my goals by 150 so I ate a smaller supper. And low and behold, only overshot by about 30 calories. I'll take it. But I'll still do a longer workout tomorrow.

So this morning when I went to the gym I walked (3.5mph) on the treadmill for 20 minutes, did some strength training (only like 10 minutes because it was hurting my ribs), then used the elliptical for 25 minutes. Not too bad I suppose. Tomorrow I might use the stationary bike a bit because guess what - it's going to rain AGAIN! :angry:

Well, that's it for today. I'm super tired. :yawn: But I'll probably stay on and wait to read more posts from my wonderful team.

Tomorrow = doctor day. Oh boy! :ohwell:
  • andrea09
    Options
    Wow. I'm posting a lot today. Sorry guys! I've just been home all day and bored out of my mind.

So I was annoyed that I was going to overshoot my goals by 150 so I ate a smaller supper. And low and behold, only overshot by about 30 calories. I'll take it. But I'll still do a longer workout tomorrow.

So this morning when I went to the gym I walked (3.5mph) on the treadmill for 20 minutes, did some strength training (only like 10 minutes because it was hurting my ribs), then used the elliptical for 25 minutes. Not too bad I suppose. Tomorrow I might use the stationary bike a bit because guess what - it's going to rain AGAIN! :angry:

Well, that's it for today. I'm super tired. :yawn: But I'll probably stay on and wait to read more posts from my wonderful team.

Tomorrow = doctor day. Oh boy! :ohwell:

You did great with the calories. I think sometimes our bodies need that extra calories. :flowerforyou:

Good luck at the doctor tomorrow.
  • nl_lynx
    nl_lynx Posts: 12
    Options
    wow, this is great, busy here today! i love all the action!!

so, i got my dining room painted today, and even tho it is much darker (from white to balsam beige), i like it. it really makes it feel 'warmer and cozier' and i really like how my woodwork and furniture look against it. did good on the water today and calories. altho i did not get my walk in, i plan on it tomorrow. i am a bus driver and have a baseball trip. it's neat to walk around other little communities and see landscaping, home decor ideas.

mel ~ i'm from bad genes too. my biological mother had stage 2 colon cancer 7 years ago, she had 2 ft of her colon removed and is now cancer free! she also has high blood pressure and recently had a stent put in one of her carotid arteries. it is scary about all the diseases, illnesses we are given...but i hope with a healthy diet and regular exercise i can change things for myself. didn't know about your needing a transplant. i will keep you in my prayers and hope things go your way! let us know how your appt goes thurs....hey, nice job on the chart! thanks! :flowerforyou:

hurley ~ mmmmm MEXICAN! one of my fav's! :tongue: i could eat it 2-3x wk! i love chips and salsa! sounds like you did good with control!! YEAH YOU!!

deb & mack ~ hi, i am new here and so far love the red team! thanks for all the warm welcomes!

andrea ~ glad your appt went well. what a good feeling for you! last week my dh and youngest son went to Canada. i took the week off from driving and did NOTHING! yes, we need to do that once in a while! :bigsmile:

HI & WELCOME Vani!

liz ~ i do the same thing, eat healthy and then lose control.....it is very frustrating. but this whole new lifestyle change is a little tough, and i have decided will take time.... from bad habits to new, healthier ones. keep at it and eventually it will just be a part of our every day life. it will come natural and we wont have to think twice about making a choice. don't give up on you!

this weigh in thingy on Monday's is gonna be great i think....will hopefully make me more aware of 'slipping up on weekends', or taking it OFF. mindfulness is a must! well, off to get ready for bed. trying to get more zzzz's into my new lifestyle too.....it's a struggle some nites.....
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    where is my team?? I need help...it's my dad's birthday and there is homemade cake....:noway:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Oh noes... not cake! Don't eat the cake!!!!
    Or if you have the calories still, have a very little slice
  • jlhcrh3
    Options

if i eat one bite, i'll eat the whole cake :laugh:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options

No cake for you then!

I went for a 3 mile walk tonight... made it in the same amount of time that I did in yesterdays 2.5 mile walk. :bigsmile:

Not so good on my water today though... I'm still working on my second bottle. At least its not like yesterday when I downed 3 bottles... I had to pee so much! :laugh:
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    where is my team?? I need help...it's my dad's birthday and there is homemade cake....:noway:

My birthday and my sons birthday were the 25 Memorial day and June 2nd. What I did was I made homemade cake. I input the cake brand and frosting brand into the log and ate the size piece that = 75 to 100 calories. The kids ate some and then I sent the rest home with all the kids.
    I know what you mean about eating the whole cake, Because it's just sooooo goood. :wink:

And welcome Vani. Sorry guys I'm not much of a talker, and I have been wicked busy this week. No car so I walk everywhere. Makes me wicked tired. YIPPEE!!!:noway:
  • emiliabeth
    emiliabeth Posts: 40
    Options
    So yesterday I was just STARVING all day... it was like nothing could stop the beast within, y'know? I had drank all my water and was continuing to sip just in case it was thirst disguised as hunger, but no dice.

I ended up going about 200 calories over just so I didn't feel starving - and today I feel totally normal, wtf?? Anyone have any ideas or read anything about this?

I guess 1 day going over isn't going to harm too much, I just know what a slippery slope it can be...
  • emiliabeth
    emiliabeth Posts: 40
    Options

The only thing I can think of is to brush your teeth right before you go, and then make sure you have sugar-free mints or gum with you?

But if it feels too much like torture, cut yourself a small piece to eat when you get home, then at least you can't have seconds :wink:
  • vanimami
    Options
    mmmmmmmmm........cake :heart: I especially love butter cream frosting, I know it's hard to stay away.

So, I did really good yesterday. On my lunch hour, I walked at an incline for 40 minutes and then I pushed myself to go my kickboxing class that took about an hour. MAN, that felt good :bigsmile: I woke up this mornign at 4:45 w/ my legs sore, but I still managed to get up and do 50 minutes of cardio...YAY. Now, I'm full of energy and am feeling GREAT! Let's just see how the rest of the day will go :indifferent:
  • vanimami
    Options
    So yesterday I was just STARVING all day... it was like nothing could stop the beast within, y'know? I had drank all my water and was continuing to sip just in case it was thirst disguised as hunger, but no dice.

I ended up going about 200 calories over just so I didn't feel starving - and today I feel totally normal, wtf?? Anyone have any ideas or read anything about this?

I guess 1 day going over isn't going to harm too much, I just know what a slippery slope it can be...

Try drinking green tea w/ lemon juice and some honey, maybe? when I'm hungry, I usually drink that because it actually revs your metabolism and has some type of flavor. Just an idea :)