plank, how long can you do it?

Options

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Max 1 min, 30 sec and I felt like my body was going to vibrate my fillings loose.

haha, yeah. My body starting vibrating the moment I got into position.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    A minute on a good day and I want to just collapse the entire last 10 to 15 seconds, Took a long time to build to it though.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I usually only do 30sec to 1 minute ones when I workout. I can do 2 minutes, but that's hard for me. I'm inspired by others times, though, so I will work on it!
  • shyandemily
    shyandemily Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try this tomorrow AM. Sounds like a full body workout.

Ok, couldn't wait until the morning. 3 minutes and 4 seconds. My arms are very very very mad at me right now. That felt pretty darn good.
  • peaceinside
    Options
    I can do it for about 12 seconds. I might be able to go 20 if I try really hard.

Someday, if I'm lucky, I will be able to hold it for a minute. Kudos to the lady that held it for 37 minutes!

Ditto, my longest is 20 seconds!
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    about 3 minutes...and i was sweatin and hurtin!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    made it to 3 min 9 sec and collapsed
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I used to be up to 65 seconds. Now it's about 35-40. =/
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    About 5 seconds.....seriously.

It's in my plan for improvement though! I'm thinking if I do it daily and try to go 5 seconds longer each day then I should build it up. Need to really work on my strength though
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    3 mins 45 sec is my record. I thought that was OK until I saw some of the times here. I hope you are all holding good form - I have seen longer times with some pretty lousy form.

Donna
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I am glad my 1 minute of planking isn't as pitiful as I thought, but clearly I have a long long way to go
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    2 minutes last time I timed it
  • judgejava
    Options
    i do 3 mins front, 3 mins each side, then i do other core work, then finish with 3 front and 3 each side bit with leg raises on both.

The longest front plank i ever did just to see how long was 6 minutes with good form, i started to quiver after that so dont count it
  • Sarahx86
    Options
    I can do about 40 seconds! Going to push today for 1 minute :)
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You know, I've never tested it. I'll try it tomorrow and see.

Ever since high school, I've always been the one who could go the longest with the plank. I've never actually 'given out' so I'm not too sure, lol. Now I'm curious. I will try and let you know. =D
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I've started practicing using the TRX suspension system in the hopes that will make the regular plank that much easier. So far, I'm at 1 minute 33 seconds in the strap.
  • Stazed
    Stazed Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Have never tried for more than 2 mins with normal plank and 1 min side planks. My trainer loves finding new and challenging planks, TRX and stability ball together is a fav along with 2 bosu balls and a stability ball ( challenging to say the least and am sure provided much entertainment to the rest of the gym as I fought to keep balanced!). Anyone else's trainer into this kind of torture?
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I can do it for about ten or twelve seconds. My core is weak, and I really don't enjoy working it. I guess that means I just need to work it more!
  • kipper2316
    Options
    omg.. 1 min kills me. I couldnt imagine 37 mins. wow.
  • Aeriss
    Aeriss Posts: 2
    Options
    90 seconds here. :) Gonna push for 2 minutes.