Favorite verse

Options
124»

Replies

• ajp913
    ajp913 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    1 Corinthians 1:19

As the Scriptures say, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent."

Reminds me that, no matter how smart I think I am, failure is the likely outcome when i attempt to trek the world alone.
  • mpesr4765
    Options
    Matthew 5:10 "10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Jeremiah 29:11  (Jeremiah 29)

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare1 and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

This verse keeps me going when I feel overwhelmed.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Based on the following forum guideline, this topic has been locked.

I'm sorry, it seems I misread the topic and misinterpreted the guidelines (I'm not that religion savvy I'm afraid and thought verses could be more than just Christianity :embarassed: ) As it has been stated further on in the thread that it was about bible verses this makes it a divisive topic.

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any divisive topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

You may review the complete set of guidelines here at your convenience:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

With respect,
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator

ETA: I would like to thank you all for keeping it largely civil.
This discussion has been closed.