Low-cal Salty snack ideas

Options
Does anyone have any low-cal options for salty snacks? There are so many sweet ones out there, but that's not what I want to snack on. I need to bust out of the cheese or nuts rut for my 'salt-tooth.'

Replies

• Esmo23
    Esmo23 Posts: 32
    Options
    90g shaved ham?
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    OLIVES! They're perfect. I like the manzanilla and calamata ones myself. Manzanilla are pretty cheap too and they're the perfect salty/savory/slightly rich snack. <3
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    beef jerky
    pickles
    100 cal packs of pretzels or other chips
    100 cal pack of almonds
  • dealluver
    dealluver Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I always go for popcorn!
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    Pepperidge Farm - Baked Naturals Cheese Crisps! I love them. They are 140 calories for about 20 crisps. They are very flavorful and salty.
  • supergr33n
    supergr33n Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Kale chips! I normally just use Smart Balance spray and salt, but I've actually got a batch of (Smart Balance spray) sea salt & vinegar in the oven right now. I'm thinking soy sauce & wasabi might be my next experiment. All the crunch of a chip (try not to overcooked or they burn and taste gross), but all the nutrients of a vegetable.
  • milatham
    Options
    I like getting the single serving microwave popcorn bags - satisfying and takes a little time to eat, and between like 100-200 calories! Pretty good!

Oh, also, the seaweed snack strips (especially the wasabi ones for me!) at Trader Joe's.

Sliced tomatoes and cucumbers with salt & pepper are good too!
  • uk_james
    uk_james Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Had some Slimfast cream cheese pretzels, came in at 95 cals and fulfilled that savoury/ salty need
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    Had some Slimfast cream cheese pretzels, came in at 95 cals and fulfilled that savoury/ salty need
    Yum! Cream cheese pretzels sound amazing!
  • Soadrokr
    Soadrokr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When i need a savory snack i get one serving of corn and a tiny bit of kosher salt and margarine. Kosher salt has 110 mg less of sodium per serving than regular salt. The corn also has fiber and other nutrients that help with digestion. All for about 100-130 calories depending on how much margarine you add. :)
  • Adieux
    Adieux Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Today I had 4 cruskits with Kraft light cheddar cheese spread and half a slice of shaved deli chicken breast (each cruskit) for 162 cals. That was my lunch and it was quite satisfying, so if you're wanting something a little less filling and less cals perhaps halve the serving to 2 cruskits. That is, if you guys have cruskits over there?
  • deevo
    deevo Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This is easy to make. Then immediately after mixing together I put into baggies. It makes 7 baggies I believe at 3/4s cup and then each serving came out to 136 calories. I put them in my desk drawer or grab one for the car ride as they are easy travel salty snacks :) If you are not sure about the exact measurements just google the title, but here is what it looks like when I put it into the recipe guide on here :)

Hungry Girl Salted Carmel Popcorn Mix

Premium Popcorn - Light Butter(3oz Bags), 1 container (6 cups(1/2 bag) ea.)
    General Millls - Fiber One - Carmel Delight Cereal, 1.5 cup
    Hersheys - Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, 2 tbsp (15g)
    Giant - Pretzelwerks Pretzel Sticks, 1 oz (28g)
    Generic - Werther's Chewy Carmels, 4 pieces

Calories Fiber Fat Protein Sodium Iron
    Per Serving: 136 4 4 2 217 8
  • cjw6
    cjw6 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Miso soup- love it, it has been my diet saviour. I get little sachets by Yutaka, just add hot water. 18 kcal per cup and really fills that salty snack requirement.