Hello All! Today is my first day!

Options
Hello everyone! I am so happy that I found this site on line. I just joined moments ago. I am 5'1 and weigh about 250 pounds and have decided that enough is enough! I really need alot of support. Please help me! Be my friend, and I promise to be yours too. According to the site, I should lose 10 pounds by april 9th so, since I have so much weight to lose, I'll just focus on 10 pounds at a time.

Thanks for reading! And, hopefully, I will hear from you soon.

Replies

• kathyvdh
    kathyvdh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think you've came to the right place and I think you have the right idea. Set small goals, one at a time, and you will be surprised how easy it is to stay motivated. Keep us posted. Good luck, I know you can do it!
  • pagett1969
    pagett1969 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello hbrina328 You will like this site and what it has to offer you. Everyone is very helpfull and they are full of great idea's. With your hard work and the help of everyone here you will be surprized in the changes you will make. Good Luck and Welcome
  • kathyvdh
    kathyvdh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Sabrina, So far I have lost 8 pounds. Would like to lose 20 more. I was addicted to soda too (dietdew). I ran out on Friday and decided it is time to quit cold turkey. The headaches are getting less intense and I can honestly say I think this is for good. Now I drink even more water because I just seem so thirsty. I used to drink 4-5 cans a day, then I limited it to 2 cans for about a month. It is hard, but I think you can do it. Good luck.
  • tamnel
    tamnel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wendim:

Congrat's on the good day. Having a positive attitude will surely help you hit your goals. Sometimes much faster than you think. Just hang in there like you said, "one day at a time".
  • cassieohlaa
    Options
    tabilee--
    if you think dasani has no sodium, you should try reading the ingredients...it has salt in it...just a litlle fyi for you.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site, I do. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use.Everyone is really nice here too. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can make it! :happy:
  • VishousBabe
    Options
    Hi and welcome! You've come to a great place! Good Luck!!!