Runners: clothing question

Options
Well maybe more of a chub rub question LOL. On my longer runs it seems that I'm rubbing my stomach raw. This is the second time that I've noticed after that I've created quite a welt. I haven't noticed until after my run is over I guess I'm so into it. How do I avoid this?

Replies

• nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    There are runner's lubricants that you can purchase from running or sporting goods stores that prevent chafing. But, I would first make sure your clothes are snug but not too tight. And, make sure you aren't wearing cotton. Cotton is a big no no. Make sure to wear clothes that wick away sweat and are breathable. Try wearing different materials and/or sizes and then try the lubricant if that doesn't work. Hope that helps.
  • pollard775
    pollard775 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have that issue with my thighs and upper arms depending on the clothing I wear. I have found vaseline a cheaper alternative to the gel glides sold in running stores. But I agree with prior post to make sure your clothing isn't too tight and trying the wicking fabric based clothes. :smile:
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :D My clothes are wicking but it's mostly around the band that I have issues with. I'll try the gel I didn't know they had that!
  • pollard775
    pollard775 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Let us know how you do, above all keep running! :flowerforyou:
  • irongirl73
    irongirl73 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bodyglide works wonders!