Insanity challegne-closed group

Options

Replies

• beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i had to work extra late tonight and missed my workout! do you think it will matter too much if i skip the cardio recovery disc to try to get back on schedule? it's a lot of stretching, so it doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal to miss..

When I miss a day I just back it up a day and do the next scheduled workout. Personally I find Cardio Recovery the most challenging. It doesn't get my heart rate up as much but it sure does make my muscles burn.
  • slheiser
    slheiser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love insanity so far! I have never felt a workout so much, well besides for bootcamp.
    I am pairing it with brazilian butt workout for some extra shaping:)
    good luck everyone!
  • elenachibas
    Options
    I would love to join too. I just got my Insanity yesterday and can't wait to start!
  • sexyvirgo911
    Options
    Def am motivated to start another round (3) of Insanity on Mon . If anyone wants to join me - friend me.
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I love insanity so far! I have never felt a workout so much, well besides for bootcamp.
    I am pairing it with brazilian butt workout for some extra shaping:)
    good luck everyone!

How is brazilian butt lift??
  • slheiser
    slheiser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    its good, but honestly there are only 1-2 videos that actually work the butt. High & tight and the Bum Bum videos. All the other are your basic cardio. High &Tight really targets the butt ,not tough like Insanity, but just strength training for the bum and I can really feel it the next day!
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Did the second fit test yesterday and huge improvement all-round! I keep reading how people lost loads of weight doing insanity but I have put on 3 lbs, which is fine as I expect its muscle (my calves!) and water retention, but am just curious what kind of results others are getting so far?
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    In my third week and did Cardio Recovery this morning. It is my least favorite. With all the rest of the workout I can push through but with the Cardio Recovery my legs burn and hurt so bad I cannot stay down in the lunges, etc. Anyone else deal with this? Any suggestions?
    And Katia my weight has stayed stable. I am sure it is the muscle healing with the extra water retention that is doing it. My body shape has changed some already.
  • Jenene88
    Options
    In my third week and did Cardio Recovery this morning. It is my least favorite. With all the rest of the workout I can push through but with the Cardio Recovery my legs burn and hurt so bad I cannot stay down in the lunges, etc. Anyone else deal with this? Any suggestions?
    And Katia my weight has stayed stable. I am sure it is the muscle healing with the extra water retention that is doing it. My body shape has changed some already.

try not going so deep. your legs are gonna be worn out from all the other videos that the recovery day is just for streching and like a little rest day. i would say dont do the deep lunges and squats, try to modifie the move. found that it helped me
  • cah1255
    cah1255 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i've been so busy and tired lately that i almost gave up on insanity this week, but i kept going. i think i'll get enthusiastic again once i start seeing some results. i heard month two is when that happens. for those who have done it, is that accurate? i am excited to actually SEE some of my hard work paying off
  • Jenene88
    Options
    i've been so busy and tired lately that i almost gave up on insanity this week, but i kept going. i think i'll get enthusiastic again once i start seeing some results. i heard month two is when that happens. for those who have done it, is that accurate? i am excited to actually SEE some of my hard work paying off

month 2 is when you see the major changes. i know i saw a little bit of a change in month one but once month 2 started it was major. i lost 4 inchs in justt that one month alone. and have some awesome ab lines forming, i was way stronger! ithink month 1 is to get you ready for the crazyness of month 2
  • ALindseyLaw
    ALindseyLaw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself the same time of day each time you weigh as you will greatly fluctuate throughout the day, especially if you are drinking a lot of water! Don't be discouraged, the idea is to "trick" your body and keep it working hard and you did a lot for one week (cutting cals and doing insanity) - hang in there and see what week 2 has in store. I've always heard to give something at least 3 weeks before you make a decision it's not working! ALSO - you may need more calories with the amount of work you're doing so be sure to check out how much YOUR body needs!! Good luck!! (I start Insanity and clean eating next Monday, ahh!!)
  • cah1255
    cah1255 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    okay, so i am definitely going to stick with it. after 22 days of this insanity under my belt, how could i not see it through?! i was worried though about doing the whole program and not seeing the result i had wanted. i have lost a good amount of weight in the past year (only 20 lbs to go!!) and i started noticing that the fat on my body looks odd. i was on my hands and knees yesterday, doing some strange exercise and notices that my belly fat literally hangs off my body. it looks like it doesn't belong, basically. i wanted to ensure that i would work some of that fat off, so that any muscle toning i did was visible. i do really wanted my muscles to have a toned appearance. so i started looking into protein powers. apparently a whey protein shake is very useful,not only to get your daily protein needs (which is sometimes difficult for me here in the dorms), but also muscle toning. i told someone i was doing insanity and they directed my to a protein isolate, that will aid in muscle recovery, stamina and such. i am very excited to see how this goes. i have read pretty good reviews about the kind i purchased also. i got the GNC Pro Performance Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. I got two 1.22 lb bags, because they were buy one get one 50% off, and spent less that $40 dollars. i will update with results after 3 weeks or so. has anyone else tried protein shakes with insanity before? particularly women?
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    May I join? My husband is not on MFP but he has been doing Insanity since January 1. I have before pictures and will take his after at the end of February. He is down 14 pounds and has not looked like this since college. He was 5'11 and 194 when he started and now he is just under 180. He looks fab and wants to go down 5 more. He is going to be CUT FOR MEXICO!

I have been doing the Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred because I travel for work and can't stick to the Shawn T workouts..but, I'm going to do what I can. Would love the support and will keep you posted on husband too. Thanks! This is Day 3 for me of Shawn T. I love that man!
  • jetrick
    Options
    What is insanity?
  • jennamatthews1216
    Options
    I started insanity on the 2nd. This week starts my recovery week. I'm starting to get a little frustrated because after a month of working out 6 days a week and tracking all of my calories I have only lost 2 lbs (my goal is 25lbs) Everyone tells me that I'm building muscle and that weighs more than fat, but I don't look or feel any different and my clothes fit just the same (unfortunately I did not measure inches when I started so I'm not sure if my measurements have changed at all, but my guess is that they haven't). To be honest, I haven't worked out this much in years!! I was not eating well, and drinking wine almost every night...I figured with such a drastic change in my lifestyle I would have lost more than 2 lbs by now. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
  • klb925
    klb925 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenna,
    I am righ there with you! I started on 1/2/12 also, and am only down about 2#. I was working out prior to the Insanity videos, but not this hard! :)

I've read in some previous posts that month 2 of Insanity is where you start to really see the results more. I sure hope that's true. I also did not take measurements, but my pants don't fit any different, and that's always my gauge. :) I do see more muscle definition in my abs, which is good motivation to keep going. And, sheesh, we're halfway through - can't quit now!!

Good luck to you!
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd wk can I join in?
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I just started on Sunday...can I join??
  • Jenene88
    Options
    What is insanity?

Insanity is a high intense interval training(HIIT), you are doing HIIT workouts for up to 45mins a day. It's a 60 day program created by beachbody. It's all cardio base and you use your own body far for resistance. It's a great workout and you do feel stronger and see results in thoses 60 days!