Good womans running shoes

Options
I'm looking to upgrade my running shoes in the next month or so ( I want to get thru 2 mini goals, a total of 20 lbs lost, first and as a reward I'll get myself some new shoes.

Anyway I'm looking ahead of time for some decent running shoes. Right now I'm running on the treadmill in our basement but once the weather gets better I plan on moving outside.

I have a budget of around $120 for new shoes. So tell me, what do you use and do you like your shoes? Tell me about your kicks and why you love them so!!!

:happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Your feet and strike and step are individual, so you cannot recommend one shoe over the other for someone. You need to find a running store in your area. They will watch you run either outside or on a treadmill to determine if/how you pronate so that the shoe best fits how your foot strikes the ground. I've had Nike, Saucony, Adidas and Asics. I have Saucony now and will probably go back to Asics with my next pair. I feel the cushion in the Asics is better for me since I run more on pavement than on treadmills. But, that is for ME. Only you can pick which shoes are comfortable and fit you correctly for your way of running.
  • watsonlc
    Options
    Your feet and strike and step are individual, so you cannot recommend one shoe over the other for someone. You need to find a running store in your area. They will watch you run either outside or on a treadmill to determine if/how you pronate so that the shoe best fits how your foot strikes the ground. I've had Nike, Saucony, Adidas and Asics. I have Saucony now and will probably go back to Asics with my next pair. I feel the cushion in the Asics is better for me since I run more on pavement than on treadmills. But, that is for ME. Only you can pick which shoes are comfortable and fit you correctly for your way of running.

THIS!!
  • Slo83
    Slo83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do some reading about barefoot running, also. Research is showing that overly padded shoes don't make you any less prone to injury. Minimalist or barefoot running may not be for you, but it's very interesting to read about.
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    ^^^This! Every person's foot is different. You should definitely go get fitted at a running store.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options

This was going to be very similar to my response!

With a $120 budget you should have no trouble finding a pair of shoes that will be right for YOU. Go to a local running store, get properly fitted, and your body will thank you for it.

The only thing that I would add is to do this sooner rather than later. I understand the desire to want to wait until you have reached your mini-goal, but the right shoes are vital for helping to prevent injury. From that standpoint alone, I would advise against waiting.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Thanks.

I am planning this coming Tuesday to go to my local sports store and get fitted professionally. I know they will be honest about what is best for my feet and what will be most comfortable.