Why...why...why

Options
Do people complain about not losing weight and then when you look at the food diaries the food they are eating is crap.

It's not just the calories consumed that effect your weight loss, it's also the QUALITY of the calories you eat.

Stop eating fast food for just one week and see what happens. I know everything in moderation but when trying to re-learn how to deal with food you may have to give up some things for a while. I know I have.

Said with luv. :heart:

Replies

• his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Do the same thing you're doing... get the same thing you're getting.
  • avonlady54555
    avonlady54555 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. Fast food has so much sodium and crap in it.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yep, sometimes I have no choice but fast food when I'm traveling a lot, and I pick the cleanest thing I can which is usually a salad with grilled (not breaded) chicken on it and no dressing. It doesn't taste as good as the chicken I cook at home though. :grumble:
  • cooter2533
    Options
    People don't lose weight because they eat too many calories, for overall health and fitness quality of food is important but for pure weight loss quality of food is not.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Do people complain about not losing weight and then when you look at the food diaries the food they are eating is crap.

It's not just the calories consumed that effect your weight loss, it's also the QUALITY of the calories you eat.

Stop eating fast food for just one week and see what happens. I know everything in moderation but when trying to re-learn how to deal with food you may have to give up some things for a while. I know I have.

And assuming identical macronutrient composition, what difference would we see in fat loss between "quality" cals vs i suppose non quality?
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

And assuming identical macronutrient composition, what difference would we see in fat loss between "quality" cals vs i suppose non quality?

^^ this
  • thadreamer
    thadreamer Posts: 54 Member
    Options

SO TRUE!! I need to better...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

^^ this

Yup! Exactly.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Im one of those people, i havent lost anything for a while, just uppped my calories to see if that helps.
    I dont eat processed foods, last time i touched alcohol or fast food was MONTHS ago, dont eat carbs except for oatmeal at breakfast.
    i have a right to complan i think :P
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Im one of those people, i havent lost anything for a while, just uppped my calories to see if that helps.
    I dont eat processed foods, last time i touched alcohol or fast food was MONTHS ago, dont eat carbs except for oatmeal at breakfast.
    i have a right to complan i think :P

I vote "diet" break, eat at maintenance and start lifting heavy, swap it for the next 3 months instead of cardio. ;) Do a mini bulk, trust me, lean mass is your friend. :D
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ill try that :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options

^^ this

Yup! Exactly.
    Seems like we all agree.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options

^^ this

Yup! Exactly.
    Seems like we all agree.
    Yep. And sodium never did anything to you. There was a time when salt was just as important as a good life insurance policy is today, especially if your active.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Why... why... why... do people insist on making dieting harder than it has to be.

Do you know how bloody hard it is to change everything at once? It's sooooooooooo much easier to start by reducing portion size and calorie consumption. You do not have to re-arrange everything about your life. You do not have to give up fast food. You really honestly don't.

The best, most effective diet is the one that you will stick with long term.

My life is much different now than it was 10 months ago. I eat better. I exercise more. I still eat like crap about 30% of the time, but I used to eat like crap 70% of the time, so I'm happy with my progress. HOWEVER, if I'd tried to do everything that I'm doing now at the very beginning? No way in hell I would have made it this far. How do I know? 'cause pretty much every single diet I've ever been on prior to this one has been a CHANGE EVERYTHING BE PERFECT NOW approach. And it doesn't work. Not for me anyway.

So for all you dieters out there... stop stressing. (WARNING!!! ANOTHER INCOMING CLICHE) It's all about baby steps.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I agree. But, how to you mention this to people - in a kind, non-threatening manner. Especially when everyone else is congratulating them on a great meal plan?

~Marcy