need some tips!

Options
i just started and any tips would be great!(:
share your stories too and how you did it! i would love to know!
also need friends to keep each other motivated!(:

Replies

• chicklidell
    Options
    My two cents....eat every 2-3 hours, making sure you have protein at every meal...cut the refined sugar and crap out of your meal plan, stay hydrated, workout, cardio at least 40 minutes a day, preferably after you've done resistance training. Do resistance training 4-5 days a week, and give it your all, do not be afraid of heavy weight. You do this you'll be successful.
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If i count my calories and stop at my goal (1200) everyday, will i lose weight or do i need to look for certain things in food and avoid them?
  • k1mcat
    k1mcat Posts: 68
    Options
    Bump
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I began watching portions
    I switched all my white carbs for brown ones.
    I began running - using C25K, the on to 5k training and races, then on to half marathon training and race, and now Warrior Dash triaining.
    I really, really upped my fiber (no, I mean REALLY.)
    I watch my micros and make sure the next thing I eat is something that my body needs (protein or fiber or iron or potassium or Vitamin C...etc) so that I meet all of my requirements most days.
    I drink (usually) a ton of water.
    I drink no pop (soda, whatever).
    I don't use margarine or artificial sweetners (real butter, real sugar, in moderation)
  • pinkydemon
    pinkydemon Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If i count my calories and stop at my goal (1200) everyday, will i lose weight or do i need to look for certain things in food and avoid them?

Did MFP give you the 1200 after you had entered all your details like being for example sedentary, your height, weight, final goal weight? Then it has calculated that you should eat this amount of calories to lose the chosen amount of weight per week (e.g. 1lbs per wekk which would be best) without any excercise.

IF YOU DO EXCERCISE then you have to eat more then the 1200, your calorie allowance will go up after you entered the excercise and the amount of calories you burnt. And you should definitely eat those calories back to reach your net-calories of 1200. Else you gonna slow down your metabolism on the long run and that is not what you want to achieve.
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this 12 week program which is really helping me get on track. I'm learning new exercises, and how to cook clean healthy meals (plus, I'm eating 5-6 meals a day and keeping my calories around 1200 easy!). So far I'm on Day 15 and I'm loving it.

Below is the website with the 12 week program, check it out.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html