VENTING ABOUT KASHI

Options
So i have heard sooo many good things about Kashi products...so I decided to jump on the bandwagon :ohwell: and try them...

I purchased a box of Kashi Go Lean Hot Cereal Clusters and Honey Cinnamon

I USUALLY purchase Quaker Instant Oatmeal weight control maple and brown sugar ( SUPER delicious and with a very generous portion that leaves me FULL!! )

I just finished eating the "cereal" and it was horrible...there was no "honey cinnamon" flavor or "clusters" it tasted very bland...and it was a small portion. I'm still hungry!!! :cry:

The quaker instant oatmeal is only about 10 calories more and its sooo much better!!

NOW I'M STUCK WITH 7 MORE PACKETS OF THIS!!

sorry guys....had to vent this morning..:grumble:

thanks for reading!:wink:

Replies

• msmichael
    msmichael Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I was going to do the same thing- try it out for the first time BUT I need to not be hungry at work SO you saved me some $$$$$ THANKS!

172964.png
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post, I was going to try Kashi, now I won't bother. :flowerforyou:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    thanks for the post..ive considered buying it too. im sorry your still hungry:frown:

I :heart: the quaker weight control oatmeal...itsn't it delish:smile:

I do love some of thier products, like the Kashi waffles...OMG THERE SO GOOD and filling. I will also buy the honey flax cereal,its pretty good and crunchy...
  • MonicaRod
    MonicaRod Posts: 56
    Options
    I don't know about any of their other products...but this one was disgusting to say the least

I AM STICKING WITH MY QUAKER INSTANT OATMEAL MAPLE AND BROWN SUGAR
    The weight control and lower sugar packets are packed with such good stuff!! and its a generous portion...i am all about the more i can get the better for the amount of calories!!!

thanks for reading!
  • organicem
    organicem Posts: 16
    Options
    i love alot of their products but NOT the oatmeal :sick: :laugh: I got the cinamon rasin one and it was wicked bland... sorry you had to experience it... :flowerforyou:
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    There was one of their oatmeal I like but I don't recall which one.

I'm a fan of steal cut oatmeal. If you buy the original if you pop it into the crock pot at night it will be ready in the morning. Then you'll have several servings for the rest of the week.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't about oatmeal, but you should try your market's brand quick oats or quaker oats.

You can put your own cinnamon and honey/splenda in it and usually all I do at my desk is add hot water from the watercooler.

I can eat 1/4 cup dry =1/2 hot. for 75 calories. Add splenda, cinnamon, and honey probably another 75.

150 calorie breakfast that is DEFINITELY satisfying.

Cals: 150
    Dietary fiber: 4g
    Soluble Fiber: 2g
    Insoluble fiber:2 g
    Protein: 5g
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of steal cut oatmeal. If you buy the original if you pop it into the crock pot at night it will be ready in the morning. Then you'll have several servings for the rest of the week.

I am also a fan of steel cut oatmeal! That stuff is AWESOME! I make mine in my Black & Decker Rice Cooker (the one that's also a veggie steamer). It's SO MUCH easier to clean the plastic rice bowl than the metal pot. It's also the whole "set it and forget it" kind of thing. I do my oats/water ratio the same way I would do the long grain white rice/water ratio and I cook it for ~ 35 minutes. I made 4 servings this past Sunday, ate one and put the others (in individual containers) in the fridge.

When it came time for breakfast Monday-Wednesday, I put the oatmeal in the microwave for a minute, took it out, stirred it, added 1/4 cup skim milk, and nuked it for another 30 seconds. Yummy! I intend to do the same thing next week, only this time, instead of raisins (which I'd put in on Sunday right after cooking), I'll add chopped dried apricots when I add the milk. I can't wait!

Cheers, :drinker:
    Deborah
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    or take a whole banana...with a splenda packet and mash it up in the oatmeal. SO much better than the artifical pre-packaged "banana " oatmeal.

Fewer calories, better tasting, and MUCH more satisfying!
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I bought some Kashi granola bars about a month ago.... :sick:
    They were not good at all, but that could just be me.
    I was wanting something with less processed stuff in it, but I could only gag down one and ended up tossing the rest of them the other day when I was cleaning out my office! :laugh:
  • ldr624
    ldr624 Posts: 36
    Options
    I am sorry to hear that you don't like the oatmeal. It is actually my favorite of the Kashi line. I agree that the taste isn't very strong, however I find it to be pretty filing and like the fact that it has 9 grams of protein unlike other hot cereals.

Actually, I have been trying several of their colds cereals and frozen entrees over the last several months and am pleased. My favorite cold ceral is Honey Almond Flax, which is a Go Lean Crunch product.
  • MonicaRod
    MonicaRod Posts: 56
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on the Steel Cut Oatmeal! i will be on the lookout for it...

i like the banana and splenda idea !! yummmyyy :love:
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    The only Kashi things I've found that I like are the waffles and some of their crackers.........
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi products! I haven't tried the oatmeal...I tend to stick with the steel cut oats as well. I love the pilafs, most people don't like the kinds of grains they use. I enjoy the nuttyness. I love to make quinoa as a breakfast snack as well. I'll add some maple syrup to it and it's wonderful!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I only like their waffles but those are awesome especially the blueberry with a little PB.