Drink more water :-)

Options
2»

Replies

• Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    I drink decaff tea and coffee, about 5 cups a day.

I don't count this in my water goals as I still try get at least 8 glasses of water a day on top of the hot drinks.

Some days last week I only drank 5 glasses of water but had more decaff tea so I didn't beat myself up about it.

I agree that I feel much better in my self when I drink more water (not loads, just my goal amount) compared to when I was only drinking hot decaff drinks.

Like anything I think everyone is different, what I do notice is that my 'thirst' can sometimes give me the feeling of 'hunger'.. so I always try drinking a glass of water before snacking if I find I'm feeling peckish when I shouldn't be, If I'm still hungry after 30 minutes of drinking the water.. I grab some food :)

Just be cautious if you are drinking decaff teas and coffees to log them properly to include milk and sugars if you take any... I certainly have more than the 10mls of milk that is set out on the default entry on MFP, so I end up drinking between 100-200 calories a day.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i have this problem as well. i am living in the uk and when it is a hot day (which is very rare), if i am holidaying in a hot country or when i am in the gym, it is not a problem, however all other times i struggle.

last time i was in canada i bought some crystal lite but as i am not really a cold drink sort of person, this did not work for me. i find it easier to drink tea all day though because most times i add milk and some form of sweetener, i don't count these as water. on average i would say i drink about 3-6 cups of water a day.
  • lruthruff
    lruthruff Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I found that since I've removed everything else I have no choice but to drink water:drinker:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    i find this hard too x
  • kipper2316
    Options
    sobe has water with no calories and its flavored. I hate water but love this stuff.
  • prettylittlechubby
    Options
    I drink ALOT of green tea so I count this as my water cos I also hate drinking cold water esp in this crappy weather x
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I have a water bottle on my desk and try to take a deep swig from it each hour. I actually used to set my phone alarm for this!
  • Bigkatnix
    Options
    You receive some of the recommend water intake from foods. If you can't stomach all of the water, eat a piece of fruit or some veggies. Most fruits and green vegetables are primarily made of water and can help you with the consumption of water. Also, remember each person is different and 8- 8 ounces is a recommendation not a steadfast rule. If you feel properly hydrated with 5- 8 ounces and are not having any problems, you are probably okay.