I am so frustrated

Options
Okay, my goal since 1/1/12 was to lose 2lbs a week. I don't think that is to much to ask. I managed for the first two weeks, then came week three. I went back up the 4lbs I lost. I didn't do anything different in the eating and probably worked out a little more so I contributed it to muscle weighing more than fat. Now I will admit I am not the best eater and have never been that is one reason MFP has helped me because I can tell when I am ogin over my carories etc, but the last two weeks I don't think I have been over more than any other. However next week was the same thing. I am still at what I was at the beginning of January and I should be almost 10lbs down. I also considered it to be bloating since I though I was due for Aunt Flow to visit but that hasn't happened either. Due to my polycystic she is never on time so could I just be bloated for three weeks and when she comes I will see the results or do I need to really look at other things.

Replies

• lindaloo76
    Options
    :-( had exactly same problem...on a right downer at the moment.....
  • Alli30101
    Options
    If you've ever watched the Biggest Loser, you know that weeks 2 and 3 are the worst as far as losing weight goes. Keep up your eating/exercise and it will happen. It can be discouraging, but you can do it!!! Your body will adjust for all different kinds of things but eventually it will even back out to where it's supposed to be as long as you keep it up. Going back to your old ways is NOT an option!!! Keep going!!
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Dont eat the same foods very them or your body gets used to them
    Drink 8 cups of water a day
    Eat all your calories
    Track EVERYTHING you put in your mouth thats every single thing every ingrediant etc
    Measure yourself
    Weight and measure all foods and drinks
    Eat lots of protien
    Limit carbs
    Is your diary open?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It is extremely difficult, and accomplished by very few, to consistently lose 2 pounds per week.

Aim to be healthy -- eat right and exercise a certain amount -- instead of a specific weight loss goal per week.
  • Quarrysider
    Quarrysider Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Tom here today, so I am back up the 5lb I've lost this year - I know it's water and it'll be gone next week (you should see my fat belly this morning, eeeww :bigsmile: ). Don't worry, expect to be up and down all over the place cos you are a girl! One month isn't really long enough to see the general downward trend, but I bet a lot of people get thrown at this point and give up, so they NEVER see the downward trend! Don't let that be you :smile:
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Okay, my goal since 1/1/12 was to lose 2lbs a week. I don't think that is to much to ask. I managed for the first two weeks, then came week three. I went back up the 4lbs I lost. I didn't do anything different in the eating and probably worked out a little more so I contributed it to muscle weighing more than fat. Now I will admit I am not the best eater and have never been that is one reason MFP has helped me because I can tell when I am ogin over my carories etc, but the last two weeks I don't think I have been over more than any other. However next week was the same thing. I am still at what I was at the beginning of January and I should be almost 10lbs down. I also considered it to be bloating since I though I was due for Aunt Flow to visit but that hasn't happened either. Due to my polycystic she is never on time so could I just be bloated for three weeks and when she comes I will see the results or do I need to really look at other things.

Some days you went over your daily calorie allowance.

Ensure you stick to your allowance, do not go over it.

Many times people fail to lose weight because they are underestimating the amount of calories in some foods and overestimating their exercise burn, you need to watch out for that.
  • jlo1079
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing a great job! Don't be so hard on yourself. Also remember that you could be loosing inches and no weight at all at this point. I started working at the same time as you and I gained 4 pounds, and then lost 3 little pounds and I work out for 45 mins to 60 mins a day doing Zumba! However, I have lost 2 inches in my waist and 2 inches in my hips already and that was on week 3. So I can see I am smaller and other already notice I'm smaller, but the weight is still about the same. Don't give up...keep going and remember that what you are doing now is better than your ways before. By now you are past the sore stage and have somewhat of a schedule, so keep to it! It will pay off, promise!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options

Some days you went over your daily calorie allowance.

Ensure you stick to your allowance, do not go over it.

Many times people fail to lose weight because they are underestimating the amount of calories in some foods and overestimating their exercise burn, you need to watch out for that.
    This. In order for you to see a loss there must be a calorie deficit at the end of each day/week.
  • dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    How many carbs do you have to have a day? MFP set mine to like 190 or something to lose 2 pounds a week. I lowered it to 172. They also had my fat at 40. I lowered it to 28. Will I lose weight at that?
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm not judging you so please don't take this the wrong way but I think you should try to limit those 1000 calorie plus meals. I know my body doesn't respond well to them. My body doesn't really like eating over 700 calories in a 4 hour period, if I stick under that I seem to do much better with the weight loss, if I go over I become bloated and the scale goes up! Just a thought! Remember that everyones body is different and a little trial and error goes a long way - good luck!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain 4lbs of fat overnight (or over 2-3 days) - you gained 4lbs of water. Just wait - it will go away with proper nutrition and exercise - and plenty of water
  • spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking all of the water that you should be? That will make a big difference. I know the recommended is 8 glasses but when you are overweight and trying to lose weight you should be drinking more then that.

Good Luck and don't get discouraged!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    If you've ever watched the Biggest Loser, you know that weeks 2 and 3 are the worst as far as losing weight goes. Keep up your eating/exercise and it will happen. It can be discouraging, but you can do it!!! Your body will adjust for all different kinds of things but eventually it will even back out to where it's supposed to be as long as you keep it up. Going back to your old ways is NOT an option!!! Keep going!!
    ^^^^^^
    Wow - THIS!
    And I hate that show.......:huh:

Just keep punching and let's see where you are in 6 weeks.
    It's not a race, and unlike the "Biggest Loser" we're not voting you off the island - :smile:
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You've got some very high cal/high fat meals which isn't necessarily bad, but you seem to be missing out the balance of fruit and veg. Try bumping up your fruit and veg intake (there are sooooo many options out there), so you can have slightly better nutritional values.
  • jlo1079
    Options
    Hi I am going to request you as a friend. I just looked at your food diary and there are some changes that you can make :) I would love to be your motivator!
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you. My downfall has always been food. As for the cardio and calories burned I wear a heart rate monitor so I know the calories burned are right. I typically count a little less on that as well. I am not offended and open to any suggestions for food. I can tell you that I drink plenty of water and always get my water in. My lunches are probably my biggest struggle and finding the time to pack healthy lunches and snacks.