What movie still makes you cry?

Options

Replies

• tamerkins2
    Options
    My Girl. And The Lion King.

Oh good - I am not the only adult that cannot make it through the Lion King without crying!
  • PoisonIvy914
    Options
    "Edward Scissorhands"
    "Ginger Snaps"
    "Sweeney Todd: the demon barber of Fleet Street"
    "La Vie En rose"
  • kitkat19199
    kitkat19199 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How about Beaches or the Green Mile. I cry like a baby.
  • toddlyons
    toddlyons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The one that no-one has mentioned that really gets me (and possibly only just me?) is "While You Were Sleeping".

The final scene in the hospital when Sandra Bullock reveals everything and then slips out of the room in tears: it completely crushes me. I only watch the movie about once a year, but she gets me EVERY DAMNED TIME. :brokenheart:

Other favourites that were mentioned once or twice:
    Hachi
    Good one! I loved it, too.
    The elephant man (wont even watch it now lol)
    ^^^ This - David Lynch directing Anthony Hopkins and John Hurt. Beautifully acted and very moving. Everyone should watch it. Black & white only makes it feel more authentic.
  • jaqiswany
    Options
    The Prince of Tides
    Message in a bottle
    City of Angels
    and my all time favourite...... An Affair to Remember
  • cotso
    cotso Posts: 86
    Options
    Terminator 2: Judgement Day
  • SonG7140
    SonG7140 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Always The Color Purple and Love & Basketball
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    The Notebook
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    this could be a looong list....I cry at the sappy hallmark commercials, so any movie I cried at once, I'll cry at everytime: but these I start crying as soon as I know the sappy scene is coming:

steel magnolias
    the blind side
    my girl
    my dog skip
    remember the titans
    the notebook
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    American History X
  • angijunbug
    Options
    I just watched The Help last night....I cried terribly :sad: Good movie with some funny parts but so sad how people treat or treated other people:frown:
  • SonG7140
    SonG7140 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How about Beaches or the Green Mile. I cry like a baby.

Love them both
  • sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The Joy Luck Club
    The Notebook
    Notting Hill

oh and I can't believe I forgot - Dolphin Tale! I cried at the theater and we watched it on dvd this weekend and I cried again, lol.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    Ahhhh whats the name of it staring Sandra B who takes in a young black male...puts him through school...adopts him and he becomes this famous football player...SORRY I DON'T KNOW THE NAME OF IT BUT IT GETS ME EVERYTIME...It's such a beautiful move
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    Moulan Rouge
  • mwilbur27
    Options
    Armageddon
    Love & Basketball
    Charlie St Cloud
    Warrior (know I shouldnt cry during that one but at the end when he is telling his brother he loves him and its ok to tap out....yup gets me every time.)
  • finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    On Golden Pond
  • Chloooe22
    Chloooe22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Lion King!!!! - wake up dad we gotta go homeeeee :( awwwww

& Notebook so sweeeet x
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    That's EASY! The Notebook!! Oh and Homeward bound when the Golden Retriever get stuck in that muddy hole! :sad:
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I've only watched it once...about 10 years ago, and I remember actually sobbing loudly, and having tears running down my face - "What Dreams May Come," with Robin Williams....I'm surprised no one has mentioned it!! I should watch it again, it's been so long....

Oh my gosh yeeeees! That is the first movie that came to mind for me as well. That movie touches my heart. I don't think any movie makes me bawl like a baby more than that one.

Yup. Bring on the waterworks when I watch this one.

And Terms of Endearment, 1984 (I think) with Shirley MacLaine, Debra Winger, and Jack Nicholson.