Want to start running again??

Options
Last year I started the c25k program. Its a good one. But I didn't stick with it to the end. I got half way through it and stopped the program and started to run on my own. Not the smartest thing. Well in Sept I did my 5k. It was ok, I had to stop and walk some.
Which Im not happy about it. But I did finish the run.

So this year im trying to get my self into doing another 5k. But I have friends that can really run and loves it. I can really see myself doing the same. But I just can not get the urge to get started.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get going on it.

Also I trying to figure it out on how to add running to my workout. I get up at 5:00am and go to the gym and do 40minutes on the ellpiitcal or treadmill and a varity of inclines. and then I add in 20min. of strength training.

Replies

• imitedlay7
    imitedlay7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would reccomend the book "Run Your Butt Off." It's sort of like a couch to 5k program, but it also incorporates diet as well. I would suggest replacing your 40 minutes of elliptical/tradmill time with the running. If you like your workout time the way it is, set aside 30 minutes in the evening. With this program you will always do 30 minutes, and you start by walking. So, if you have a dog, or kids or significant other, this could be a great way to spend time with them while getting a little exercise in. Have a friend do it with you. It's really up to you on when you want to do it, find a time that works best for you.