So... when you decided to get into shape, did you...

Options

Replies

• Had to get a sports bra! Hahaha I never owned one until I decided to lose weight and get in shape about 2 yrs ago!
  • TimeToWork
    Options
    I bought new bottoms. I like working out in fitted capris. I quickly realized that I don't like working out in pants. I have yet to try shorts though. I'll eventually try a fitted pair. I don't want to have to worry about them riding up...lol.
  • melisssaarielle
    melisssaarielle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I definitely went to to lulu lemon and spent a lot of money and also got some new running shoes as well. It's the best motivation for me!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    When I first started I just used old t-shirts and comfortable shorts. But I did buy a new exercise bra b/c my chest was huge then and had to be contained.

Once I lost a little weight then I got some new workout clothes.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I bought a one-piece bathing suit when I started swimming regularly. Prior to that I only had a cheap bikini that was falling apart.

I bought tiny shorts and a sports bra top when I started doing Bikram yoga regularly. The first time I went I wore pants and a top that covered my stomach, and I got so overheated.
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I bought new! I started out by joining zumba classes and I looked horrible in those old t-shirts.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any workout clothes when I started, so after getting completely drenched in fleece pants and a t-shirt the first time I went to the gym, I bought some shorts and dry-weave tops on the way home.
  • Jacy707
    Jacy707 Posts: 18
    Options
    I got some new ones, Old Navy has some compression ones that I LOVE! And there is the added benefit of being excited to put on my new clothes when I'm getting ready, giving me that extra happy element to go out and start my workout!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Besides better groceries, I bought some spandex capris for my workouts. I also bought a DVD, kinect game, and 5lb dumbbells. Other than that I had everything I needed like an iPod, running shoes...etc.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I dug out the old stuff and started moving. Once I felt like I could keep it going, I got (my wife got for me) some sweet Underarmor shirts, and more importantly got some properly fitted shoes. And toe socks. Have I mentioned I love my Injiji toe socks?
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    When I decided to get back in shape, I went down to my basement and dug through my boxes of old clothes and got out my workout clothes from back when I was in the military and let me tell you I was like Damn! So I had to to wear my baggy sweats from when I was in Basic training and those wear somewhat snug.

But I am happy to say I now fit my old workout clothes comfortably without make them cry.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I wore old stuff until the pants started falling off and I felt like I was swimming in my t shirts. Then I bought new stuff. Much cuter!
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I didnt buy new clothes, wanted to save my $$ for smaller clothes. But I did buy new running shoes. If you're running, it's best to have good shoes, plus my feet arent fat.
  • fee2dancesing
    Options
    I started out with the clothes that I already had. As the weather changed, I bought pieces here and there. I still use what I can.
  • kassandra81
    Options
    I bought new clothes, but they were rather inexpensive, and just used the running shoes that I had. A few months in, I bought a GOOD pair of running shoes, and now I definately spend some money on good workout clothes. I am at the gym 5 days a week, why not!? Finding clothes that fit me well, and make me look the best I can look makes me happy!
  • susanhiebert66
    Options
    Working out in reg tshirts, sweats and drawstring pants. mainly in my living room or walking in my neghborhood or the local zoo/ botanical garden. Saving my $ for new clothes and a trip to hawaii in june. Goal 10 inches smaller. have 7 to go!!!
    :happy:
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy anything. I continued to wear my old sweats, oversized shirts.
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I bought the minimum to get me buy but will use buying new clothes as a reward.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy anything this time around because I had already done that a couple of years ago...and wow, they were brand new when I used them last January, haha! But now I have to buy new ones because the old ones were falling off!
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I bought workout clothes since I didnt have any to begin with. I love them!