Granola with my yogurt

Options
sesecat
sesecat Posts: 124 Member
I've ignored granola in yogurt forever since I typically don't like crunchy and smooth together. But I had a yogurt granola combo at Cracker Barrell and fell in love. I've gotten the yoplait granola, but it's pricey. Is there a good granola brand out there that's premade, ready to add to yogurt, etc, and preferably on the healthier side? I'm not looking for recipes, as quite honestly, I'd just skip it rather than add more to my to-do list.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    When I first started on MFP I practically lived on plain yogurt with Kashi Go Lean Crunch mixed in. Just sweet enough and packed with protein and fiber.
  • Bella3119
    Bella3119 Posts: 104
    Options
    My fave granola is Back to Nature. They have a few different flavors. My all time fave is the one with the dark chocolate pieces. <Droooool>. I mix it with the fat free plain greek yogurt or regular vanilla, plain. It's sooo yummy!
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I like to add Ezekiel Cereal.... It is really good for you but has no added sugar. It is fantastic.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I second the Kashi Go Lean crunch. Also, if you have a store like Sprouts or Whole Foods near you, check out the bulk bins. I get my granola there, and they have the nutrition info posted there and on the website. There are some that are 240 cal per 1/2 cup, and then others that are 140 cal per 1/2 cup, which are the ones I get.
  • dawnagetsfit
    Options
    I like Kashi Go Lean Crunch and Kashi Granola cereal
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I used Kashi Go Lean Crunch for awhile too, but then I switched to GrapeNuts. No real reason, I just liked GrapeNuts better.
  • beastmode_mama
    beastmode_mama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use the Kashi granola cereal mixed in with nonfat vanilla greek yogurt. They have 3 different flavors and are packed with fiber, protein and yummy-ness!!! They also do not have any preservatieves. I use the chocolate one in the evenings for my sweet tooth fix :)
  • nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    We just got Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax to add to our yogurt and it was pretty yummy!
  • JollyJane13
    JollyJane13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    When I first started on MFP I practically lived on plain yogurt with Kashi Go Lean Crunch mixed in. Just sweet enough and packed with protein and fiber.

Generally this is what I do also, but I get Vanilla Yogurt.
  • chiv123
    chiv123 Posts: 36
    Options
    I too just recently got on the yogurt/granola bandwagon and its great! Look in the cereal isle for a store-brand granola, it's so much cheaper and just as good. I use Kroger brand, which has raisins and cinnamon in it- super good. The best yogurt I have found is fat free vanilla stoneyfield. Only 130 cals/cup. Greek yogurt would be worth a try too, particularly if you would like to work in some more protein, but its more calorie-dense. Top with raspberries, and you have a delicious meal!
  • leavingfat
    leavingfat Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna agree with everyone that said Kashi Go Lean Crunch. I eat half a cup of it every morning with my Chobani. So good!
  • tiamaria3
    tiamaria3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know which stores in Montreal sale this product or is it pretty much all,i don't ever remember seeing it
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Metro, Sobeys and many of their subsidiaries should sell it I believe I've seen it at Super Store and No Frills but can't think of the Montreal versions of said stores... Metro being A&P's old badging... Sobeys taking over from IGA and all those various brands... each run something like 10-15 "different" store brands
  • samanthaleethomas
    Options
    I love yogurt with granola and fruit. Such a great breakfast! I've gone with Kashi Go Lean Crunch or Flax as well as some different kinds that you can get at any bulk food store. They're a lot cheaper in bulk as well.
  • mstcass
    mstcass Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i like yoplait yogurt and breakfast on the go granola.
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I also like the Kashi Go Lean Crunch. But, I also really like Cascadian Farm Organic Granola in Oats and Honey.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I use flaxseed instead of granola.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    The cereal aisle in my grocery store has no less than 20 varieties of granola. Choose one that suits your fancy. I don't think it is difficult to buy in any industrialized nation - although some may call it "meusli".
  • Calorie_Killa
    Options
    I've tried the Kashi but it's extremely hard and tears up the roof of my mouth. I have to let it sit in the yogurt for a while to soften up before I can eat it. I've been sticking with Special K Touch of Honey Low Fat Granola. I eat it with fat free or non fat greek yogurt.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of good ones out there. I usually just go to the health food section at my local grocery store and get what is one sale. The one I get the most is the Barely Naked (?) brand.. I think that's it. They have like 5 varieties and it seems to stay the freshest the longest, which is good in case I'm over it for a week or so.