So... when you decided to get into shape, did you...

Options
13»

Replies

• lmbame905
    lmbame905 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I used to wear old T-shirts and pants. At the urging of an instructor who would always tell me I make myself look bigger in clothes that don't fit, I bought "real" workout clothes. It's funny how good they can make you feel. Especially when you don't really believe what people are telling you about how great you look.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I just wear shorts I bought for summer wear and T-Shirts I got for promotionals (they are usually on the large size anyway) I am not a professional so I don't bother with fancy sports clothes. If it covers what it's supposed to cover, that all I need. At my weight I'm sure not making a fashion statement at the gym
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    not immediately for the work out clothes, no. I do have a good sports bra. I purchase one or two things at a time and I never pay retail for exercise clothing- I buy it off season on sale.
    I bought a 3 lb kettlebell & when that became easy, I got a 7 lb. Now I want Jillian's $98 one but I'm not getting that til I am more diligent & consistent on the one I have.
    The best tool I got for working out is an I-pod and I didn't purchase that, it was a Christmas gift. I also bought a bicycle, but not until I lost some weight & got in shape a little. I've done bicycling before & know I love it and will use it. And I buy good DVDs (like 30 day shred) on sale. Over time, I've acquired enough clothes, equipment & dvds to keep me busy and prevent boredom
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I bought one pair of yoga pants (which are getting loose) and I wear any t-shirts or tank tops I have on hand. I don't feel the need to spend $$ on that stuff right now.
  • trainlikekatniss
    Options
    I bought new running shoes!
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I started with the clothes that I had and as I lost weight I have bought new workout pants, sports bras and shoes over time. Once I get to around goal then I'll probably spend more money on my workout clothes like Lulelemon gear that is just made better, but Old Navy and Target are just fine for me too.

However, I think the proper term is Manzier...:happy:
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I did. There's something about getting dressed in cute clothes, even if I'm just riding the recumbent bike at home in front of the tv that day, that gets me motivated. I buy all my workout clothes at Target since they have really cute things for pretty cheap.
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I shopped Goodwill, baby! Because I was a size 16 and knew that my goal was size 6. I made it happen and definitely couldn't afford to buy brand new along the way. But I didn't need new - meeting goal was the reward! :)

But yes, obviously, I had to get a whole new wardrobe. I'm STILL working on that.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I used some old ones, and bought some new ones. I bought new clothes for running outside, as I never really ran outdoors before, and didn't have a membership. Now I just buy new clothes when my old ones wear out. If there is a hole in the butt, I need a new pair of pants!
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    sadly I dug out the old one--still looked new too...:embarassed:
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I got new shoes. Other than that I wore old t-shirts and I cut a pair of thin sweats down to capri length. Those are starting to fall off, so I'm probably just going to put a drawstring in them. lol