What is your secret weapon?

Options
So, before I found my secret weapon, I would munch on everything in sight before heading to bed. I finally found something that worked for me! Weight Watchers dark chocolate & raspberry ice cream bars. They are 80 calories and I can eat only one and be completely satisfied! What is your secret weapon? I'd love to see what other things you all are doing that help you to stay on track.

Replies

• helse
    helse Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    On my second week and Im still looking for mine and think these sound fab! found this link with amazing stuff but where do you get them?

http://www.weightwatchers.com/shop/categoryshowcase.aspx?pageid=1056551&navid=mo
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    So, before I found my secret weapon, I would munch on everything in sight before heading to bed. I finally found something that worked for me! Weight Watchers dark chocolate & raspberry ice cream bars. They are 80 calories and I can eat only one and be completely satisfied! What is your secret weapon? I'd love to see what other things you all are doing that help you to stay on track.
    I just saw a coupon for those in the newspaper yesterday and thought "YUM". I'll be picking some up very soon!

For me, I've been getting the Smart Ones peanut butter cup ice cream sundaes, and those are just enough to satisfy a sweet craving without killing my diet (or setting off any lactose problems I tend to have with too much dairy). I was on a kick with the Skinny Cow ice cream truffle bars for a while too....delicious!
  • SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    Frozen fruit, particularly frozen blueberries and cherries. They satisfy that desire for a frozen treat with healthy, natural sweetness. I sometimes add them to greek yogurt and for me it's better than eating ice cream!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    On my second week and Im still looking for mine and think these sound fab! found this link with amazing stuff but where do you get them?

http://www.weightwatchers.com/shop/categoryshowcase.aspx?pageid=1056551&navid=mo

I'm in LA, and they sell them at all the major grocery stores. I have tried most of these bars and they taste SO good, but the only one I can eat just one of is the dark choc & raspberry. I can eat half a box of the other ones in a single night! haha no good.

Congrats on just beginning your fitness journey. I know you'll find your secret weapon soon! :flowerforyou:
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Frozen fruit, particularly frozen blueberries and cherries. They satisfy that desire for a frozen treat with healthy, natural sweetness. I sometimes add them to greek yogurt and for me it's better than eating ice cream!

Ooh! Frozen fruit for sure! I love blueberries with cool whip! :)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Sugar-Free Jello. I eat it by the rediculous bowl full. It's mostly water and very filling. 10 cals per serving...4 servings is a TON of jello. I used this as my main go-to when loosing from 337 lbs to 196 in 7 months.

There are trace amounts of protein in there too! Yay bone-marrow-goodness.
  • anthrfosh11
    Options
    special k cracker chips...27 for 110 cals!
    special k chocolaty pretzel bar! - 90
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Snackwell's Devil's Food cookie cakes. All I need is 1 - they're pretty substantial, 3 or 4 bites. 50 calories each.

On the other end of the spectrum, I LOVE Kosher Dill pickles (the refrigerated kind, not those gross sour Vlasic ones). 5-10 calories and the CRUNCH really satisfies. Just gotta watch the sodium
  • Ness8411
    Options
    my secret weapon is yogurt, but i'm struggling to find a sugar free yogurt in the U.S
  • Stinkybug
    Stinkybug Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My secret weapon is Atkins Day Break Snack Bars. I don't eat them as a meal, just as a snack when I really need a sweet treat.
  • Joyja1075
    Joyja1075 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    my secret weapon is PGX. It's my willpower in a pill form. Who knew fiber can keep you full for so long?
  • pinkprincessmama
    pinkprincessmama Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sugar-Free Jello. I eat it by the rediculous bowl full. It's mostly water and very filling. 10 cals per serving...4 servings is a TON of jello. I used this as my main go-to when loosing from 337 lbs to 196 in 7 months.

I'm going to have to try this! I haven't had jello in 20 years! Do you make the sugar free kind?
  • monty_williams
    Options
    Water with TBSP of psyllium husk powder and 2 TSP of orange flavor Metamucil after lunch. Keeps me full until my pre-workout meal in the late afternoon. . Filling and low cal and helps me reach my 38g fiber target for the day, plus helps keep me regular especially since I eat 200+ g of protein/day.
  • buckobuckobucko
    Options
    my secret weapon is PGX. It's my willpower in a pill form. Who knew fiber can keep you full for so long?

These are fiber pills? I didn't know fiber pills combated hunger.
  • Joyja1075
    Joyja1075 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    They are, they are soluble fiber and it helps my body digest food slower and also eliminates my blood sugar from spiking up and down which in turns...... reduce any craving for junk and unhealthy food.

I have been on it for almost two weeks, it was recommended by my doctor and dietition. It have been a god-send and it allows me to stick to my diet and make better food choice.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

I'm going to have to try this! I haven't had jello in 20 years! Do you make the sugar free kind?

You most certainly can make the sugar-free kind! The boxes will have a blue corner on them and be marked sugar-free in said corner. You can also purchase it pre-made in single serving cups. The difference being 6 servings for about $3.50 vs 8 servings for $1.00 - $1.25 to make it yourself. I usually make two small boxes at once (4 servings per box). It's super easy, boil 2 cups water, mix packages and boiling water in a bowl, stir until disolved then add 2 cups cold water. Put it in the fridge and you're ready in about 5 hours.

I always have a bowl ready so there's no wait. When I empty it, I make another bowl to have at the ready. It takes less than 5 minutes to make a bowl.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Water with TBSP of psyllium husk powder and 2 TSP of orange flavor Metamucil after lunch. Keeps me full until my pre-workout meal in the late afternoon. . Filling and low cal and helps me reach my 38g fiber target for the day, plus helps keep me regular especially since I eat 200+ g of protein/day.

A co-worker was telling me about psyllium. Doesn't it help keep you regular, too? Also, how many cals are in this concoction? I just may have to partake! :)
  • monty_williams
    Options

A co-worker was telling me about psyllium. Doesn't it help keep you regular, too? Also, how many cals are in this concoction? I just may have to partake! :)

About 50 calories and 12 or so grams of fiber.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I eat.

I will let you decide if you want me as a friend or not

Hi, I'm Barbra (my friends call me Barbi) from Indianapolis, IN (The States)
    I've lost the same 80 lbs 3 times until now. This will be the last time because I've finally figured out and learned the key to weight loss and it's not depriving yourself or even going to bed hungry. YOU EAT!!

I believe in eating most of your calories burnt by exercise to keep my weight loss steady and fuel your body for the exercise I am doing. (look up FAQ on Net calories OR my blog on Net calories) My net calories do not fall below 1200. Period.

I believe you have to eat the calories MFP tells you too which is on your diary as "my goal"
    I believe your "net" should never go under 1200

I will not tell you your doing a good job on your daily post when you've completing your food diary if your diary is closed or you're under your "net" calories.

I WILL be a great support if you are eating right, exercising, and doing it RIGHT without going hungry.
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My secret weapon is my stationary bike. When I get hungry or just plain want to binge I jump on my bike and ride for 30 minutes and my craving go away. Plus, after a workout I don't want to ruin my goals with binging!