Whats a good Rice Cooker?

Options
eatlift
eatlift Posts: 113
Am wondering which is a good rice cooker that's in the price range of 20-50 dollars? Anybody know?

Replies

• swan1982
    swan1982 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Most will do the trick. I have a Panasonic but would buy Wolfgang Pucks on HSN if mine didn't work anymore.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I have this one from Amazon, it's not available now, but the page links to similar ones.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VHKQCM/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details
    Aroma-ARC-733-1NGR-6-Cup-Rice-Cooker-Food-Steamer.jpg&h=180&w=280&zc=1
  • summernebo
    Options
    I have a Tiger one..It's awesome, but it was a gift so I don't know the cost..I've had it 6 years and I'm sure I will for many more.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Just go to walmart, u can get a good one for $20
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have a tiger as well. They are expensive but absolutely perfect rice every time....no matter what type of rice you are cooking!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I really like my Hamilton Beach rice cooker. It's probably about $50-$60. It can steam rice, grains, and veggies. It even makes soup!

I just used it tonight to steam some rice & dumplings. Perfect!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I used to have a moderately priced rice cooker (about AU$50, probably cheaper in the US) but when that broke my husband bought a fancy schmancy Toshiba that was about 3 times this price.
    Honestly, the cheapies I've had in the past do just as good a job for cooking rice. The new one promises that you can do all kinds of other things too, but we don't need those features so there's not really much point in paying any extra!
    My last one was a Breville and that worked very well for a number of years.
  • eatlift
    eatlift Posts: 113
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    As stated above.... try walmart. A friend bought me a rice cooker which I realized was from the W (after spotting it there...). It works great. Very simple. I love it.
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    I actually just used my crockpot to cook rice this weekend! It turned out PERFECTLY! I used this recipe/instructions!

http://www.food.com/recipe/perfect-crock-pot-rice-16465