I'm new to the site and started today

Options
Im 21 and over 200 pounds :/ Today is my first day and I am also drinking Slimquick while exercising and doing 1200 calories a day. Im very determined but nervous and I really want results. I've come to the conclusion that it will take a little while but I'm ready for the journey.. I would love any tips anyone has for success. Thanks:)

Replies

• DaveMXF
    DaveMXF Posts: 52
    Options
    Welcome....you are in the right place, great people here....

You have already got the mindset down, slow and steady is the key to a true transformation. Time. Patience.Practice. a friend always tells me....
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    Welcome! Most people here are awesome and have great tips. A few people are turds, but let's be honest, you get those anywhere! I like the support and motivation, not to mention the entertainment. I am sending you a friend request if you are interested :happy: Good luck on your journey!!
  • bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well I am 27, 5'8, 200 lbs (as of this morning), so you can add me, i got a ways to go too!
  • Yolanda1604
    Options
    Hi! I have been on the site for a week. I am 208 lbs and I want to lose 50 lbs by the summer. You can add me for support.
  • JoyWoodruff
    JoyWoodruff Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome.. I'm glad you're here. Just remember, it took you many years to put on the weight, so it will take you a while to take it off properly. Don't get discouraged on bad days, just remember tomorrow is another day. Don't be afraid of the scale; if you're hungry eat... just eat the right foods in good portions. It's not hard, just keep your head in the game and remember, we're all here for you. Use the blogs, use the forums, ask questions and you'll get there eventually. Grats on your new life. :)
  • mcrim5
    mcrim5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have found so much support from MFP. It seems that in my everyday life people look at me wierd if I compare nutrional labels or anything like that, but with MFP, there are tons of peope just like me. A 1200 calorie diet is very tough, I know from personal use. Just remember, even if you mess up and eat a bowl of ice cream, you havent ruined your day. If you feel like you ruined your day, you will keep eating the what I like to call, "empty calories.) Feel free to add me if you would like! Good Luck on your jouney to a healthier you!!
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Remember we are all here for the same reason. I'll send a friend request. I'm just starting on my weight loss, have about 70 more lbs to lose, I have lost 5 already. I'm only two and a half weeks in!! This site is so motivational for me, love reading the success stories posts. Keeps me going on rough days...:smile:
  • AshleyNicoleRoutson
    Options
    Im 21 and over 200 pounds :/ Today is my first day and I am also drinking Slimquick while exercising and doing 1200 calories a day. Im very determined but nervous and I really want results. I've come to the conclusion that it will take a little while but I'm ready for the journey.. I would love any tips anyone has for success. Thanks:)

Welcome! and good luck girl! Question.. how did you come up with 1200 as your daily calorie goal? I eat 1300 calories and im 107lbs. Dont you get hungry? I know I do at only 1300. Also tips would be to stop drinking the slimfast shakes! Instead buy a whey protein and mix in some almond milk. Slimfast shakes have alot of processed junk in them. The less ingredients on a label the better! Try to eat alot of fruits and vegetables and alot of chicken, steak, and fish. Also eat 7 meals a day (consisting of clean foods like the fruits, veggies and meat) This will help get your metabolism going to help you burn more fat during your weight loss! Other foods I like are plain greek yogurt (add in some truvia and fresh fruit) dont go buy the pre packaged flavored yogurts, and cashews and almonds are great snacks too! What kind of excercise program are you following? And whats your ending goal?
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome!!!
    You are taking a step in the right direction (however..Slimquick may be a questionable item in your journey).
    Weight loss is a journey...not a destination! You can do all the quick fixes you want...but eventually, you WILL end up back to where you started! Take it from someone who's tried EVERYTHING in the book! EXERCISE, REST, WATER, & GOOD NUTRITION are what will get you the results you want. It may not be fast, but it will be healthier in the long run!
    So...ponder all that...and just remember......adding people as friends will not make you a "stalker"...it shows you are reaching out for help!
    Great job on taking this as your first step to a better you!
  • AshleyNicoleRoutson
    Options
    Hi, welcome.. I'm glad you're here. Just remember, it took you many years to put on the weight, so it will take you a while to take it off properly. Don't get discouraged on bad days, just remember tomorrow is another day. Don't be afraid of the scale; if you're hungry eat... just eat the right foods in good portions. It's not hard, just keep your head in the game and remember, we're all here for you. Use the blogs, use the forums, ask questions and you'll get there eventually. Grats on your new life. :)

Love this! Definitley great advice!
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Make sure you stay consistent- not giving up, planning ahead, and just pushing towards your goals every day is going be key! Also, I would suggest reconsidering the Slimquick drinks- there are lots of unprocessed, whole food options out there that will probably serve you better in your weight loss journey. Best wishes!
  • JoyWoodruff
    Options

Love this! Definitley great advice!

Thanks - and anyone here please feel free to add me. I'm really active on this site and am very interested in health and nutrition. I keep my diary open for advice and love to here how people are doing in their lives.
  • Deb925
    Deb925 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have switched from any colas or diet drinks to LaCroix Water. Like them of FB for a $1 off coupon you can print twice. Nothing in it like sodium, calories, etc. But it still has the fizz.
  • LOVEJAMIE08
    Options
    [/quote]

Welcome! and good luck girl! Question.. how did you come up with 1200 as your daily calorie goal? I eat 1300 calories and im 107lbs. Dont you get hungry? I know I do at only 1300. Also tips would be to stop drinking the slimfast shakes! Instead buy a whey protein and mix in some almond milk. Slimfast shakes have alot of processed junk in them. The less ingredients on a label the better! Try to eat alot of fruits and vegetables and alot of chicken, steak, and fish. Also eat 7 meals a day (consisting of clean foods like the fruits, veggies and meat) This will help get your metabolism going to help you burn more fat during your weight loss! Other foods I like are plain greek yogurt (add in some truvia and fresh fruit) dont go buy the pre packaged flavored yogurts, and cashews and almonds are great snacks too! What kind of excercise program are you following? And whats your ending goal?
    [/quote]

Hi! Thanks for imputing and asking questions.. 1200 calories is what the site gave me for my height and weight :/ and I'm doing slimquick not slim fast lol. Slimquick is supposed to help women with their metabolism.
  • LOVEJAMIE08
    Options
    Wow! You all are great and I really appreciate the tips and motivation and welcomes! It definitely helps me feel welcome and even more determined! :)
  • JoyWoodruff
    Options

[/quote]

Hi! Thanks for imputing and asking questions.. 1200 calories is what the site gave me for my height and weight :/ and I'm doing slimquick not slim fast lol. Slimquick is supposed to help women with their metabolism.
    [/quote]

It gave me the same calorie goal when I input that I wanted to lose 2lbs per week. I have since adjusted it to 1lb per week because I was reading in the forums that you will lose the same amount with either calorie set. I found I have a hard time reaching the calorie goal anyway; but have made some adjustments in my life. Eating breakfast was one of them. I am 200lbs 5'2" the dreaded apple shape, but I plan on changing that. I have read so much about protein, fiber etc etc.. and about incorporating weights and cardio into my workout. I've never tried slimfast and dont plan on it. I do drink the gnc lean shakes in the morning to jump start the metabolism.
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are going to LOVE MFP! Feel free to add me. . .:flowerforyou: Support is the BEST thing for weight loss. . we are ALL in this together
  • AshleyNicoleRoutson
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

No Problem :) oh oops sorry must have mis read that :( Okay slimquick then lol well I just found a helpful review website about the slimquick product if you would like to take a look! I just hate to see girls start out their weight loss journey spending money on products that are just going to hinder them :( I definitley do NOT recommend the fat burners as a supplement tho. Many people use them with their workouts and see good results but not lasting results, studies have shown people who use fat burners actually gain the weight back quicker after getting off of them. It will take time and hard work but honestly just eating healthy and excercising a few days a week is going to be the quickest, healthiest, and most effective way to reach your goal!
  • LOVEJAMIE08
    Options
    Joy- I'm doing slim quick not slim fast lol.. I'm just trying one box for now to see if it makes any difference but I would never do slim fast with I tried a shake once and it was disgusting.. I'm just exploring ways to enhance weight loss along with diet and exercise:)
  • LOVEJAMIE08
    Options
    What is the site about reviews? :/