Ladies...personal question...

Options

Replies

• onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know if I ever start working out.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Nope, only did when I switched up from 12km running a day to 12km a day, plus 90 minutes cross training cardio and free weights too. Then they stopped.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Mine jumped a week earlier and it's not as heavy. good luck
  • blondeboms
    blondeboms Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yeh mine went a bit nuts. I'm regular as clockwork but I came on a week early and it lasted 2 weeks! I was not a happy bunny. Hoping the next one will be normal.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    yup messed mine up
  • deliak2010
    Options
    Yes!!! Wow I'm so happy I'm not alone on this. Since I've started working out I've just been having my cycle for longer and my 'flow' has changed (sorry if that's TMI). But I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one because I've always been regular so I was starting to get scared that I'm throwing off my hormones or something lol. But don't worry you're fine and keep up the great work! :)
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Working out and eating better has actually made mine more regular and helped with PMS symptoms (cramps, etc). Mine was always irregular though, so it's welcome to have it more regular. I think everyone is different.

If you're worried, I agree with comments about taking a test.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    yeah working out messed up my cycle for the first two months late a week first month early a few days the second. I looked it up and it's very common for 1-4 months to mess with your cycle specially if you're shedding alot.
    Kimmy
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Yep. I was a week late my first month. And I was on the pill for 15 years with cycles like clockwork.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    My period was always completely irregular. Once I started working out, it started to get more regular. At the moment, I'm breastfeeding so it's a total crap shoot as to whether or not I'm even going to get it. BAH!!!
  • jessicabranum
    Options
    Since we are on the topic of cycle's and birth control. I have a question: Have any of you used Nuva Ring? any thoughts? I have never been over weight, actually I have been on the under weight side before. I have been on the pill for 1 year and I have gained 20-25 pounds! I spoke with my doctor and she suggested Nuva Ring. I have to finish this pack of pills before I start it. Just wondered if any of you have used this method?
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    i've put this on other threads but yeah... The thing to remember is that estrogen is stored in fat. Therefore, as you burn fat, it can release extra estrogen into you blood stream, making certain hormones get out of whack for a little bit. This could cause changes especially on the pill because these hormones stored in your fat are the same that the pill uses to trick your body, that make it so the pill works. It should flush out quickly enough, in a couple months maybe. Also, keep in mind that lots of exercise and weightloss (or gain) can impact your cycle and temporarily stop it. It's a natural mechanism that is triggered by these activities, and shouldn't be too concerning unless you go for more than 4 cycles without a period (unless on BC that makes it different). These mechanisms are why many female athletes on the Olympic level do not get their period.

If this doesn't assure you, you could always just call your GYN and ask them over the phone. A few simple questions about your activity level and weightloss will allow them to determine if you are reacting normally or if you need to be concerned :)
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Changes in body fat impact hormone levels. I have also experienced a change in my cycle.
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I messed mine up =\ It was a full five days late!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    There is a group for you ladies to discuss your lady times!!! No judgements or harassment, and all period-centric convos:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/779-periods-period
  • JansterL
    JansterL Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm on the pill (and have been for far too long)....but YES.... exercise can change your period. For me...most months its non existant.

Between being on the pill and exercising, there are times when I don't get anything. No spotting or anything. The only way I can tell its 'there' (so to speak - and pardon for this) is by going to the bathroom and wiping.

I with the 'symptoms' would go away...(laugh).
  • TXCountryChick
    TXCountryChick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My cycle was always very different each month, but when I started working out I noticed I started to get it more on time. So it must have a change, sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse..

I was the same way. Now there on time :( Not sure I'm liking that lol.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    It fixed mine, actually. Used to go months without a TOM, now the damn thing is like clockwork.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It definitely can. The more active you get, you will notice a change.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    when i was really overweight i didnt get mine ..once i lost weight i became regular again..so no messed up monthly anymore .. most of my friends are either going through menopause or been there already ..im still like i was 25.. dont know if thats good thing or a bad thing lol