Low calorie, low fat, cheesecake brownies!

Options

Replies

• yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I have just made them!

Verdict: They were easy to make once I'd converted to UK measures etc. I had most of the ingredients in my house anyway. They are DELICIOUS!!!! Absolutely delicious. I cut mine into 20 pieces instead of 24 as my tin is square and they would've ended up teeny. Mine now work out at 95 cals each. Good news is that they are are so fudgy and dense you don't want too many!! I am definitely going to make these again. Thank you lovely person who posted. Sorry I can't work out how to upload a pic to show you. Any advice?

Can you share what you used for a UK measure please, I've seen another couple of people ask for measurements in grams. Can you also share what you used for egg substitute and applesauce. Thanks :-)
  • joysu
    joysu Posts: 71
    Options
    bump!!!!!!!!! can't go wrong with chocolate. i wonder if they would freeze well? Then when you need a "chocolate fix" take them out.
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Ooooooh yummmmy!

This is an experiment I shall have to try one day and share with the ladies at work.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    20120128_070334.jpg

Made them last night. Not bad, I think I needed to cook them longer. The edges were delicious, but the boyfriend said that the middle could have set up a little harder. It was a thick brownie. Had just one piece!

Looks lovely!
  • BrwnGirlSlimmn
    BrwnGirlSlimmn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump for recipe
  • dizzyblondegirlie
    Options
    Hiya

I used:

75g wholemeal flour
    60g cocoa
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 egg (couldn't find a substitute and it didn't affect cals much at all)
    2 large egg whites
    225g soft brown sugar
    4 tbsp of apple sauce - just used the one we have with Sunday lunch - worked fine.
    2 fl oz coffee
    2 tsp vanilla

100g Philadelphia light (1/2 a tub)
    2 oz sugar
    1 egg
    1 tbsp plain white flour
    1 tbsp low fat natural yogurt
    1 tsp vanilla

pre-heat oven to 180' and bake for 20 minutes. Leave til cold on a rack still in the tin. Then slice into pieces. Don't be impatient like me and slice them when still slightly warm - some stuck to the knife.

Also, I have frozen half the batch and will see how well that goes. Can I also suggest that you add 3/4 not 1/2 the brownie mixture to the tin before you add the cheesecake mix otherwise you won't get much of a swirl. My other half is currently troughing them all x
  • dizzyblondegirlie
    Options
    I have just made them!

Verdict: They were easy to make once I'd converted to UK measures etc. I had most of the ingredients in my house anyway. They are DELICIOUS!!!! Absolutely delicious. I cut mine into 20 pieces instead of 24 as my tin is square and they would've ended up teeny. Mine now work out at 95 cals each. Good news is that they are are so fudgy and dense you don't want too many!! I am definitely going to make these again. Thank you lovely person who posted. Sorry I can't work out how to upload a pic to show you. Any advice?

Can you share what you used for a UK measure please, I've seen another couple of people ask for measurements in grams. Can you also share what you used for egg substitute and applesauce. Thanks :-)

see below x
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pinkydemon
    pinkydemon Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I used:

75g wholemeal flour
    60g cocoa
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 egg (couldn't find a substitute and it didn't affect cals much at all)
    2 large egg whites
    225g soft brown sugar
    4 tbsp of apple sauce - just used the one we have with Sunday lunch - worked fine.
    2 fl oz coffee
    2 tsp vanilla

100g Philadelphia light (1/2 a tub)
    2 oz sugar
    1 egg
    1 tbsp plain white flour
    1 tbsp low fat natural yogurt
    1 tsp vanilla

pre-heat oven to 180' and bake for 20 minutes. Leave til cold on a rack still in the tin. Then slice into pieces. Don't be impatient like me and slice them when still slightly warm - some stuck to the knife.

Also, I have frozen half the batch and will see how well that goes. Can I also suggest that you add 3/4 not 1/2 the brownie mixture to the tin before you add the cheesecake mix otherwise you won't get much of a swirl. My other half is currently troughing them all x

thanks - that helps a lot for me I was thinking about what to do with the eggsubstitute as I don't think they have those things here in germany where I live lol
  • jenmcdav
    Options
    i made them this weekend. i may try again without the coffee. i like coffee, but i thought the taste of the coffee overpowered the chocolate flavor in these. also-- not sure what i did, but my cheesecake layer sunk! i didn't have swirls on top, i ended up with a cheesecake layer in the middle though. the cheesecake part was my favorite part of them too.
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmm yes definitely trying these!
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    made these tonight without the coffee and they were amazing!

temporary-6.jpg
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have whole wheat flour, but not whole wheat pastry flour. Do you think it would make a difference?
  • smartal5
    smartal5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I can't wait to make these!
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    So going to try this, but with almond flour instead!!
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blondiekat230
    Options
    yummy!!
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    Yummy! Thanks for sharing.