Zumba fitness?

Options
Anyone try wight loss with dancing zumba?I want to know because begin today I need support with my new exercise!! Let me know please !thanks

Replies

• Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I haven't but I hear it's wonderful!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Zumba is lots of fun. Don't worry about keeping up, just enjoy the dancing and music....there are people of every level in the classes, and you have to start somewhere!
  • crazybeautifulkittie
    Options
    I love it! :) Its as hard as you want to make it. You can be super energetic or not.
  • trina433
    Options
    i heard great things. i start tomorrow
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite thing to do! I took my first class in 2008 and was HOOKED. I'm actually considering doing Zumba instructor training.

I took dance classes for many years, so that's a big reason I like it so much.
  • shannon4health
    Options
    I went to my first session on Satruday and can't wait to go back today!!!!! it is AWESOME if you love to shake it! I am currently 251 and 5"11 and I have been working out at home and I am very active person and i dance at home to music often but I LOVE the energy in class...there was like 40 women in the class I took...did I say I loved it!! I will let you know if I feel the same after tonight:)

I left feeling so invigorated and just like I didn't want to quit dancing!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Even as a guy, I can say Zumba is a blast. It's a tough workout, but it's fun.

Make sure you can go 3 times per week though. The cardio you need will likely require 3 times per week.

And make sure you have an arms length of space between you and the people to your sides or else you'll smack them during the moves.
  • Latona38
    Latona38 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I went to my first class last Friday at Lady of America fitness. I really enjoyed the class! The music is awesome and the dancing is fun. I kinda messed up but it was okay and the instructor said it was all about having fun. I will try to do zumba a few times per week if I can. I love it!
  • NancLH4
    NancLH4 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba a year ago...doing it once a week. I fell in love with doing Zumba because it doesn't seem like a workout. Just fun, dancing and you are sweating at the end of it. I also started my program here at MFP at the same time.
    Long story short...one year later, I'm doing Zumba 3 times a week and I've lost 54 pounds. I've gone from a size 16/18 jeans to a size 8 (which are almost too big). For me, it's been wonderful. I won't ever give it up.
    And don't be shy about the moves that wiggle your hips, those help to thin down your hips.
    Love it!!
  • adoreabella
    Options
    Zumba is amazing. I have gone from an 18/20 to 12/14. I fully recommend it :) I have both the Wii versions as well as the DVDs.
  • msaaronlerey
    msaaronlerey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Zumba is the best. Listen to everyone when they tell you just move and have fun. That's what's most important. I go 4-5 times a week. I have never stuck with anything like I have stuck with Zumba.
  • Stinkybug
    Stinkybug Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome! After I started using Zumba I started losing inches. I love it.
  • Pilotcookie
    Pilotcookie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba and Zumba toning since December. I do it about 3 times a week and I'm obsessed with it! I have also lost over 31 lbs. It doesn't feel like a work out and you burn tons of calories!
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've been a Zumba Fitness instructor for almost 3 years now and have lost over 50 pounds using the Zumba Fitness program (along with heavy weight lifting and good nutrition). It is tons of fun and really allows you to connect with other people and enjoy fun, exciting cardio session!
  • autumnh2009
    autumnh2009 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The amazing thing about zumba is you can regulate the level you want to work out. You can push it through the roof and kick your butt or if it's an off day you can work it to where your body can handle for that day. Best of all you're having fun, you're smiling, and you leave feeling happy. The treadmill never did that for me, haha.
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i do 3 or 4 classes a week it's great fun and great exercise, enjoy!!
  • lackofnames3
    lackofnames3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have lost a little weight in the last 2 weeks from doing mainly zumba with a spin class in the middle of the week and a few strength training..but my clothes are feeling a little more loose and my husband says my body is feeling smaller and more muscular. I have almost 80 pounds to lose. I LOVE LOVE zumba. I can do an hour of it without feeling drained when 15 minute on the elliptical makes me feel exhausted!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    love it!

some people get turned off at the idea of it I think because they're afraid they'll look silly... but it's LOTS of fun and I'm definitely not an outgoing person. no problems getting me to class :)
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Zumba is FUN! Its a great workout. Don't worry that you don't know the steps - the classes have every level and you'll catch on quickly.
  • frilly7483
    frilly7483 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've been going to a local Zumba class for about 4 weeks, i LOVE it! The moves are still pretty confusing but Ijust move around, wave my arms in the air and wiggle my bum - no one notices that I'm actuslly doing it completely wrong! My Mum sometimes comes along with me and we have a 75 year old in the class (not my Mum!) so it really is for everyone, you choose how hardcore you want it to be.

Enjoy!