Replies

• peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    PB2
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    PB2...The cheapst Ive seen it is online at Vitacost.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    PB2 is awesome!!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    So, why is it better than real peanut butter? Just curious.
  • theonenonlykris
    Options
    PB2 and they have Chocolate PB2, 4 pack is $15 bucks on their site. Its pretty good, you can buy a sample pack if you just want to try it out.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Since everybody's already said the name, I just wanted to suggest getting the chocolate PB2, especially if you like sweet peanut butter. I wasn't much of a fan of the regular. :) At least try them both. I'm not sure if going through the PB2 website is the cheapest option, but they do have a "combo" order so you can try them both.
  • theonenonlykris
    Options
    They extracted the oils and you reconstitute it with water.
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    PB2 is awesome- the brand is Bell Plantation. If you don't have it in your local grocer, you can go to their website and find a retailer.
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options

I question that too? Is the nutrition different or?
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    http://www.bellplantation.com/products

Interesting. I might have to look for some of this - I can definitely see uses for it as a flavoring, like in smoothies or baking. I just ordered their $3.99 sample to give it a try.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

I question that too? Is the nutrition different or?

It's not necessarily better for you. In fact, "real' peanut butter is a good source of healthy fats and protein. PB2 is great for dieters though since it has far fewer calories and fat grams. If you can fit the calories for real peanut butter in your daily goals, I suggest doing that.
  • bikiniready201
    Options
    i've seen it for pretty cheap ($8) a jar on EBAY, new, unopened. :)
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The nutritional info is great with PB2. I love peanut butter so I was extremely happy when I found it.

2 tablespoons (powder mixed with water)
    PB2 peanut butter - 45 calories, 1.5 g fat
    Chocolate PB2 - 45 calories, 1g fat

Like a previous poster I like the choc better, it is a little sweeter.

I eat them both on whole wheat toast, whole wheat waffles, mix directly with sugar free jelly for a sandwich (I don't bother with the water), use as fruit dip, mix with plain oatmeal. The possibilities are endless. :)
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    thanks!! gonna get me some
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I love PB2 - its great stirred into greek yogurt for flavor or added to protein shakes.
    There is also a brand called "Fitnutz" that is very similar.
  • mere024
    mere024 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PB2.... Peanut butter is one of my weeknesses so this stuff is great for me! They also have PB cookies for only 100 calories for 27 cookies and they are pretty good too! I order my stuff off of Amazon, it's pretty cheap.... my local grocery's dont carry it.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    http://www.bellplantation.com/products

Interesting. I might have to look for some of this - I can definitely see uses for it as a flavoring, like in smoothies or baking. I just ordered their $3.99 sample to give it a try.
    Where did you get your ticker its cool!!
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Is powdered anything really that good for you? I prefer to eat real food. :p
  • plt55
    plt55 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I get both of them Thank God my best friend lives within an hour of plant >It is 3.99 a jar there.She brings in home from Georgia with her .I always add a pack of splenda to mine if mixing with water. My hubby mixes his with Smuckers reduced calorie jelly even with bothitis less than 90 for pband jelly to put on bread .Yum
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I buy PB2 from Netrition.com

Bell Plantation makes you buy 4 packs (at least they used to). With Netrition you can buy smaller quantities. That way I can purchase both kinds. Shipping was reasonable too.