30 Day Shred

Options
So, after reading all the positive things about 30 Day Shred I bought the DVD for myself. Last night was the first day of trying it and WOW....I couldn't hardly get through the warm-up. I did manage to get through the majority of day 1 (but doing very modified versions) and my thighs are like jello today. Just made me realize how out of shape I am but some day soon I hope to be able to rock the workouts!! I WILL do this!!!!! :)

Replies

• smallsparkles
    Options
    Ha ha, and I thought I was alone in puffing through Day 1 Level 1!! Good on you - no pain no gain huh!
  • hkovich
    hkovich Posts: 44
    Options
    I thought I was in pretty good shape before I started and I was SO sore after day 1. It does get so much better :) The soreness went away for me around day 3. It is worth it to stick with it!
  • pcox0624
    Options
    Hi. I started 30 day shred last Monday, I have done it for four nights in a row and am no where near advancing to the next phase. It's the push ups!!!!! It' definately kicks some butt!!!!!
  • Sabineslims
    Options
    you'll be shocked how much better you get by the end of week one!! You'll be a pro in no time :) Just keep doing it and then you can look back and pat yourself on the back for the awesome progress!
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great work, starting it! I felt like i was going to DIE the 1st week! i'm still alive and can say that i'm on Level 3, Day 2 and it makes Level one seem like a walk in the park! lol . . . i'm actually going to do 30DS over again, once this 30 days is over. . i'm going to continue to start over until Mid May and see what results i have. . . Good luck and you will Hate and Love JM in no time! "Don't get abs for free" as she says lol . . if only we looked like those girls LOL
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well I am doing my first round when I get off today from work
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    I started yesterday too! I'm sore all over. there's a post going to new 30 shredders that are just beginning. I'm not sure how to invite you to the group, If I can figure it out I will. Or I'll go there and tell the group starter, if you're interested!
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 DS last week and that first day kicked my butt!!! I could really feel it the next day in my arms and legs!! After a couple days of doing it (even after taking a day off in between) I can already tell a huge difference in my stamina throughout the workouts and I can feel I'm losing inches!! Congrats on making it through the first day and committing to it!!
  • sammyjowedeking
    Options
    it gets a lot easier! i weighed 378 pounds when i first started and have been on level 1 about a week now. i have lost 13 pounds total and 12 inches. At first i couldnt get through the warm up. now i can get through it completely ( still no hand weights) without breaking much of a sweat. i might try to use hand weights today!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3 on my last week now, and when I started I was in the same boat.
    Keep at it and you will find that it gets easier!
    (Only every level is a fresh new hell lol..)
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm on level 3 on my last week now, and when I started I was in the same boat.
    Keep at it and you will find that it gets easier!
    (Only every level is a fresh new hell lol..)

I started to say that I was relieved it was going to get easier...then I read the last line of your email.... :noway:
  • kura2679
    kura2679 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ive started the 30d shred last thrusday and today monday my legs are still feeling it. I am so excited about what the end results are going to be, so i am commited. And to hear all of the testimonies regarding the program im happy I choose to give it a try!!
  • jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I did it last night for the first time and JM kicked my butt, my thigh muscles are so sore today and they were shaking after the first 5 minutes of the workout lol....
    and am i the only one who cannot do a push up???? lol because i cannot, even the "modified push up" i do isnt even how its suppose to be
  • kura2679
    kura2679 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! congrats!:smile:
  • Keisha2BFitAgain
    Keisha2BFitAgain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have heard really great things about 30 DS. I have to get it this weekend.

7171023.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Jugsie23
    Options
    I have only just finished level 2 and am amazed at my progress, just posted a blog about it http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Jugsie23/view/what-does-a-7lb-weight-loss-look-like-203565

Granted, it isn't the only thing I'm doing but it has helped massively.

Also, I don't follow a 1200 calorie diet, it's 1600 minimum and I try to eat clean. It can be done!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    wow, I got it this past weekend, but noticed I need weights! :( I hope to see the same results as all of you! I can't wait to try it!!
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My copy of 30 Day Shred arrived Friday evening, and I just keep staring at it in horror...JM Six Week Six Pack kicked my rump, I'm a bit hesitant to start 30 Shred tomorrow =\
  • sharonucd
    sharonucd Posts: 145
    Options
    Hi Sara. Any start is a start. The work out videos (like 30 day shred) are really about committment. Do what you can and then slowly increase to add a little more. Just do it every day (or whatever they recommend (i.e. 5 days a wk, etc) and you will find it will get easier and easier and the lbs will come off too. Keep rockin girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!