Replies

• 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    yeah I agree 1 sleeve is one serving of thin mints....LOL
  • 1Ciarrah
    1Ciarrah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many I have eaten at once, Samoas and Thin Mints are the best. I haven't bought any yet this year but have not been approached. If they did I would certainly buy some. There is no way I could not support any child that is selling something or raising money. I would just give them away to family or friends.
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    I am pretty sure the box says that 1 serving of thin mints is both sleeves actually.
  • Leigh2778
    Leigh2778 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've eaten a whole box of the Samoas in one day. Probably in a 3 hour time period...
    This year, it took me 2 days to eat the whole box, so...progress? Plus, the boxes get smaller every year. And now I'm rationalizing. :devil:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I was hoping the body of this thread said "are the devil"

Those cute little girls selling those delishious cookies! OMG! Do they ever rethink why they start in the beginning of the year when everyone is still gung-ho about their "resolutions?"
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I used to take the shortbread cookies, and pour them into a bowl and pour milk over them... and eat them like cereal... pretty sure I've eaten at least a box in one sitting... if not more. :( luckily those days will not be making a return ever!
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm a Girl Scout leader for two troops and currently have about 26 CASES of cookies in my garage! They came in on Thursday and my troop sold over 1200 boxes. Luckily, most of them are gone, but I do have the ones we'll be selling at our cookie booths starting this weekend in my garage. :)
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    I recommend the Savannah Smiles! They are small so you can eat five of them for like 140 calories, and it's fun to eat five of something! :)

Other than that, five Thin Mints are not too bad for 200 calories!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    They taste AMAZING drunk btw haha.

:laugh: Actually, pretty much everything tastes AMAZING when drunk - ha ha.

Last year I decided to stop buying Girl Scout cookies, but my niece JUST became a Daisy Scout, which is the K-1st grade version of Girl Scouts. I want to help support her troop's cookie sales, so I think I'm going to see if her troop does that 'Gift of Caring' thing where you pay for and then donate your boxes of cookies to be sent to US miliitary troops stationed overseas.
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why they don't sell a box a quarter of the size, individually wrapped, and charge twice as much. That's how the big companies make their bucks with 'healthy alternatives'. Snack pack only 90 calories! *small print: per serving. Each cookie = 2 servings*
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I don't buy cookies. That is part of what made me fat.

As usual Don't:
    drink and drive
    drink and dial and
    don't drink and eat girl scout cookies!:bigsmile:
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    omg!!!! you haaave to try them. or maybe you shouldnt. lol i will be happy to send you a box when i get my order in. (i had to order from my niece. how do i tell her no).
    I'm from the UK, and I have no idea what you are talking about! :P Can anyone enlighten me? Do girl scouts go around selling them to raise money for their club?

bless your heart!! girl scout cookies are the best. they sell them once a year as a fundraiser. someone should send you a box :smile: i may be willing to donate one of mine to the cause. i can't be held responsible for addiction though :smile:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Are Tagalongs the chocolaty ones with peanut butter on top? Those are bad, bad cookies.........and I just ordered two boxes of 'em.

I know I won't eat the whole box like I USED to, and will savor them in small doses................that's the plan, anyway :wink: :wink:
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    does anyone think they got smaller with in the years?
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I have always bought a few boxes in the past from the cute little girls selling in front of Wal-Mart or the grocery store...last year I only bought 1 box, yay me! opened the box, ate one cookie, then found MFP and forgot about the cookies in the back of the cabinet so they became stale....this year I may buy a few boxes and donate them to an organization that does care packages for the military or something...I sure don't need them in my house--I can easily eat an entire sleeve of Thin Mints in one sitting.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Amazingly, I was a girl scout and I never really liked those cookies. My mom made better cookies and I love real Scottish Shortbread, like my Scottish Grandma made. I can't keep real Scottish Shortbread in my house or it will be gone in minutes.
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have put away an entire box of Samoas in one session.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    never had them never will.
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My record? One box of Thinmints AND one box of Samoas. In one sitting. Just popped them, one after the other. I had absolutely NO self control then.
  • Partyofpugs
    Options
    Since the object of selling cookies is to make money for the Troop I would feel bad not buying them. BUT....I now give a $5 donation to the girls. From being a troop leader I know that they only get a portion of the money received. But when I donate directly they get to keep it all. Win/win for both of us. I don't take home cookies and they make more money.