Questionable diet given to me by my personal trainer...

Options
2»

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I would never make it to lunch on 1/2 c of grapefruit and a cup of coffee. :noway:
  • Sofithomas
    Options
    There's not alot of variety in the meal plans - and variety is suprisingly important when maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It might be good if you want to lose weight FAST, but not good if you want to keep it off in the long run.

And in my opinion, if your PT is telling you this is a great diet.. you might want to consider getting a new PT because he'she doesn't really know what they're talking about.

Exactly - I do't want to go through the pain of this diet, then eat one grain of quinoa and suddenly pile it back on hahahah!! I am happy with my diet now - I love variety, I love being healthy and eating fresh natural foods and I can't do that with this diet! :S Tbh this PT is amazing with his workouts but even I had to double take at my perscribed diet...
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    That looks like something he lifted from a tabloid. "Here's what Suzie Starlet eats to maintain her beach body!"
  • Sofithomas
    Options
    This has made me feel so much better thank you! He just emailed me saying I would lose 6-9 pounds a week by doing this.....errrm....I oly wanted to lose another 7 pounds or so hahahah!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Tell your PT you were just looking to lose a few pounds, not starve to death.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I think I would pass out too with your diet. My PT had given this one to me, definitely more protein. I noticed slight headaches when I first started it...so he then added some honey.

Drink water first thing in the morning.
    Breakfeast- BEFORE WORK! STILL AT HOME
    3 EGGS ( BUT JUST THE WHITES FROM 2 AND A WHOLE ONE)

At work : 1/4 cup oats- USE WATER! NO MILK --with a spike of maple syrup light. OR SWEETNER

Coffee with your flavored creamer (try to use a bit less than usual or try just regular fat free ALMOND milk and splenda or any other sweetener)

Snack
    Rice cake w/ natural PB (1 teaspoon) or blue berries or tangerines or some almonds or pecans
    With a full glass of water!!!
    1 LITTLE SACHET OF HONEY (like those u find at starbucks for your tea)

Lunch- ( in any of this spread a bit of cayenne pepper powder and flax seed a spoon or 2)
    Can of Tuna
    Sweet Potatoe
    or
    Chicken Salad -spinach
    fat free cheese- fat free Italian dressing
    Or
    ½ Chicken breast
    veggies- green beans or asparagus ½ cup
    1 GELCAP OF FISH OIL (TRADER JOES HAS ODOR FREE )

Snack-
    yogurt or grapefruit or cottage cheese WITH EXTRA honey

BEFORE WORKOUT = 1/4 cup oats with water (carbs for energy ) u can add splenda

AFTER WORKOUT= PROTEIN SHAKE with water never milk u can get vanilla protein powder at walmart and mix it with some berries(straberries, blue beries black berries etc)

Dinner ( if you are still hungry after the protein shake):

5 slices of turkey with a bit of shredded cheese. And a piece of toast with Margarine (I cannot believe is not my butt for example hehe )

Or
    ½ Chicken breast
  • Sofithomas
    Options
    I think I would pass out too with your diet. My PT had given this one to me, definitely more protein. I noticed slight headaches when I first started it...so he then added some honey.

Drink water first thing in the morning.
    Breakfeast- BEFORE WORK! STILL AT HOME
    3 EGGS ( BUT JUST THE WHITES FROM 2 AND A WHOLE ONE)

At work : 1/4 cup oats- USE WATER! NO MILK --with a spike of maple syrup light. OR SWEETNER

Coffee with your flavored creamer (try to use a bit less than usual or try just regular fat free ALMOND milk and splenda or any other sweetener)

Snack
    Rice cake w/ natural PB (1 teaspoon) or blue berries or tangerines or some almonds or pecans
    1 LITTLE SACHET OF HONEY (like those u find at starbucks for your tea)

Lunch- ( in any of this spread a bit of cayenne pepper powder and flax seed a spoon or 2)
    Can of Tuna
    Sweet Potatoe
    or
    Chicken Salad -spinach
    fat free cheese- fat free Italian dressing
    Or
    ½ Chicken breast
    1 GELCAP OF FISH OIL (TRADER JOES HAS ODOR FREE )

Snack-
    yogurt or grapefruit or cottage cheese WITH EXTRA honey

BEFORE WORKOUT = 1/4 cup oats with water (carbs for energy ) u can add splenda

AFTER WORKOUT= PROTEIN SHAKE with water never milk u can get vanilla protein powder at walmart and mix it with some berries(straberries, blue beries black berries etc)

Dinner ( if you are still hungry after the protein shake):

5 slices of turkey with a bit of shredded cheese. And a piece of toast with Margarine (I cannot believe is not my butt for example hehe )

Or
    ½ Chicken breast

Again, very similar to my diet already!! And it has worked just fine for me!! This is making me feel a lot better about my lifestyle, and dubious about my PT!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Time for a new PT!
  • runnerwithin
    Options
    5-9 pounds a week?! as a PT he should know that is not even remotely healthy or sustainable. I would be talking to his boss, b/c who knows who else he is telling this too and they may not have the resources to realize its implications.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else that maybe your PT has never even read a nutrition book? The sample diets provided by members (which are close to what you already eat) are more reasonable and sustainable. Sounds like he is trying to push some kind of fad diet. I agree with the previous poster that asked if your PT can provide references and proof that this works. Is this a private practice person or is he hired by the gym? If he is hired by the gym, I'd talk to them because that kind of diet can result in health issues and leave the gym in a liable position.