RED TEAM IS RECRUITING! WEEK 6

Options

Replies

• Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Good morning red team!

Way to go Vani, you've got some serious dedication there. I like it. :flowerforyou:
  • andrea09
    andrea09 Posts: 124
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I am so sleepy! :yawn: I need to wake up! I have that whole head bopping thing going on.:laugh: Since I work from home I can get up and go for a walk. That sounds pretty good...I guess that will wake me up.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    oh man! Some pizza guy just stopped in the office to offer me a pizza for only $6! Right there 3 pizzas hot & fresh in the guys warming bag. :noway:

It was hard (I :heart: pizza) but I turned him down. Sticking with my tuna sandwich for lunch.

Now I'm craving pizza though :grumble: :ohwell:
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    I have been a good girl. Mostly..lol! I didn't have any cake or ice cream! I had my mom hide it so at least I wouldn't have to see it everytime I walked in the kitchen..:noway:
    buuuut I did have some chocolate chips. Not a lot, just a few, because I had to work for them (dug them out of trail mix, LOL, how sad is that?) but I know it is better than the cake, frosting, and ice cream..! So I had my indulgence. Oh and half a cup (as in 4 ounces) of 1% chocolate milk. yuuuuuum.
    Well I just got back from sitting with that elderly lady and it was a tough day! she was having, um, stomach issues....from something she ate last night. aaand well the last time she went it got everywhere. (tmi, i know) so now I am thinking a nap is a good reward for a tough day! luckily i don't have to babysit today...! so i guess it's time for some zzz's

:tongue:
  • andrea09
    Options
    oh man! Some pizza guy just stopped in the office to offer me a pizza for only $6! Right there 3 pizzas hot & fresh in the guys warming bag. :noway:

It was hard (I :heart: pizza) but I turned him down. Sticking with my tuna sandwich for lunch.

Oh man that really stinks...talk about temptation! Good for you and turning it down! Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I could turn down a pizza. Awesome job on that one...

---

I worked out this morning - 1/2 hour on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the bike (averaging about 16mph) and according to the machines burned 690 calories and according to MFP burned 700 calories (I logged it as 650... I should get a HRM... still need more money).
    I didn't eat a healthy lunch :ohwell: but I'm going to do better for dinner.

Ugh. Doctors. I'm really bummed right now. Miserable might describe it better. :cry: And I'm trying to stay away from the food. Emotions = food. I'm trying to stay clear of it, but it's going to be rough.
  • andrea09
    Options
    I have been a good girl. Mostly..lol! I didn't have any cake or ice cream! I had my mom hide it so at least I wouldn't have to see it everytime I walked in the kitchen..:noway:
    buuuut I did have some chocolate chips. Not a lot, just a few, because I had to work for them (dug them out of trail mix, LOL, how sad is that?) but I know it is better than the cake, frosting, and ice cream..! So I had my indulgence. Oh and half a cup (as in 4 ounces) of 1% chocolate milk. yuuuuuum.
    Well I just got back from sitting with that elderly lady and it was a tough day! she was having, um, stomach issues....from something she ate last night. aaand well the last time she went it got everywhere. (tmi, i know) so now I am thinking a nap is a good reward for a tough day! luckily i don't have to babysit today...! so i guess it's time for some zzz's

:tongue:

Awesome job staying away from the cake! Way to go! The chocolate milk sounds good. I have not had chocolate milk since I was a kid...:flowerforyou:
  • andrea09
    Options

---

I worked out this morning - 1/2 hour on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the bike (averaging about 16mph) and according to the machines burned 690 calories and according to MFP burned 700 calories (I logged it as 650... I should get a HRM... still need more money).

Ugh. Doctors. I'm really bummed right now. Miserable might describe it better. :cry: And I'm trying to stay away from the food. Emotions = food. I'm trying to stay clear of it, but it's going to be rough.

Great job on the exercise. That is a ton of calories burned! I am up to 22 min on the elliptical. Everyday it is getting easier to go just a bit longer.

Sorry you did not have such a good time with the doctors. We are all here for you. Better than the food would be. Chin up :flowerforyou:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options

---

Keep your head up, you'll get through it. :flowerforyou:
    A nice walk might be the thing to elevate your mood some. If nothing else, tell yourself you're almost halfway to your goal... that should help you stay away from emotional eating.
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Pizza! You turned down PIZZA?? Wow thats will power!. Although if it was veggie you would have had a jump start on next weeks challenge.:wink:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options

Good job, the pizza was NOT worth it!:smile:
  • vanimami
    Options

---

Sorry you had a bad time at the doctors, I hope you are better. I know you have the will power to stay away from the food because it's not worth it. As Lizagna said, take a walk or do something else to clear your mind.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Well we just got our water delivery and stupid me didn't ask the nice delivery guy to put a new jug in the cooler, I was too busy staring cuz he was cute! So I grab the jug and walk into the back where the cooler is, lift it up, pull the cap off and start to tilt it into the cooler. Well, some water came out and got my hand wet, the jug slipped and hit the floor and water got ALL over me and the floor!

Glad everyone had gone home before I did this... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I finally got that darn jug on the cooler though after a couple more tries. Those things are so hard!

Just wanted to share so you can all have a giggle... I did, and my clothes are all wet! lol
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Thanks Andrea, Vani and Lizagna for your encouragement. :flowerforyou:
    I'm still really bummed :ohwell: ... buuuuut I didn't binge (yet). And I'm hoping to keep it that way. If you factor in my 650 exercise calories from this morning, I have not exceeded my allowance.
    But I still feel absolutely miserable... :frown:

Lizagna - sorry to hear about the water accident. But it did make me smile a little. thanks

I measured today - no change for the past... really long time. *sigh* Oh well.

Jess - sorry to hear about your rough day. Good job staying away from the cake though.

Anyway, time to go ponder life for a while.
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Great job Liz on avoiding that pizza!
    oh, and spilling the water!!! :laugh: though i probably would've done the same!

Mel--don't get discouraged! you have fractured ribs, but you're still going strong! that is something to be proud of! so maybe you haven't lost inches in awhile. but your not gaining any, right? don't worry about it, just keep at what you're doing :wink:

there was more i was going to say but i am totally blank right now because i'm really tired!

how is everyone doing on the water??? i did great today! although i think im gonna be peeing a lot soon...:grumble:

have a great day tomorrow, everyone!
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Jess - thanks. You made me smile. :heart: As for the water challenge, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday I got it all in. Wednesday I only had 6 cups, but that might be because I had 11 on Tuesday and felt like I was carrying an ocean inside of me.

So I weighed myself today... because I wanted to see if I was on track for the week. I think my scale LIES to me. It must. Seriously. It's absolutely not possible that the weight this morning was correct.:noway: Unless life seriously hates me. Which it seems to, at the moment, for other reasons. :frown:
    Perhaps on Monday it will be kinder to me. :smile: If not, I'm buying a new scale! :tongue:

I'm not working out today because I'm sore and still sick (it's only been a week, I guess), but I'm not getting any better!! :ohwell: So today I will rest before I get A LOT worse and my doctors get mad at me... and because tomorrow is a busy day.

Tomorrow I won't officially be working out either, but it'll be a loooooong day. I'm leaving my house at 6:15. Then I'm volunteering at the NJ special olympics summer games from 7:30am-5. I'm a bit nervous, but really excited! :smile: Then, my town is having a free concert in the park from 5-7:30. So I'll get there around 5:45, hopefully. My dad's committee in town is running it, that's why I have to go. And then I have to clean up afterward. So, busy day.
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Jess - thanks. You made me smile. :heart: As for the water challenge, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday I got it all in. Wednesday I only had 6 cups, but that might be because I had 11 on Tuesday and felt like I was carrying an ocean inside of me.

So I weighed myself today... because I wanted to see if I was on track for the week. I think my scale LIES to me. It must. Seriously. It's absolutely not possible that the weight this morning was correct.:noway: Unless life seriously hates me. Which it seems to, at the moment, for other reasons. :frown:
    Perhaps on Monday it will be kinder to me. :smile: If not, I'm buying a new scale! :tongue:

I'm not working out today because I'm sore and still sick (it's only been a week, I guess), but I'm not getting any better!! :ohwell: So today I will rest before I get A LOT worse and my doctors get mad at me... and because tomorrow is a busy day.

Tomorrow I won't officially be working out either, but it'll be a loooooong day. I'm leaving my house at 6:15. Then I'm volunteering at the NJ special olympics summer games from 7:30am-5. I'm a bit nervous, but really excited! :smile: Then, my town is having a free concert in the park from 5-7:30. So I'll get there around 5:45, hopefully. My dad's committee in town is running it, that's why I have to go. And then I have to clean up afterward. So, busy day.

Thats the best type of exercise the ones that you don't notice, and your doing it for a great cause. GFY.
    Hopefully it clears up. its pouring out. Not really wanting to walk in all this rain. I have been really good this week coming in under all my calories and running around town. I pray I see some improvement this Tuesday. Well I hope everyone has a good day today.
  • vanimami
    Options

I feel the same about the scale...I "supposedly" lost 2 pounds yesterday and this morning I gained one back :noway: WHAT?! Well, I didn't work out this morning, so maybe that's why, so I dunno.

I hope you feel better...rest it out for a couple of days to recover. If you push yourself too hard, then you'll only make yourelf worse :ohwell:
  • vanimami
    Options
    ok, so I gave into a glazed doughnut and pringles today...:sick: I was fine for most of the day, but it started storming and I just ate :explode: Well, at least I'm admitting it, that's a start :blushing:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Vani - we all mess up sometimes. Admitting it is a good start.. find out what triggered you to eat the doughnut so you can help fix it for next time.

Why does it rain and storm everywhere but here??? :angry: