When did you start seeing results?

Options

Replies

• PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I have lost 18lb and my clothes still fit the same. Some people lose a few pounds and find their clothes fit better and some need to lost 24lb+ to notice any difference.

Different for everyone, keep doing what you are doing and I am sure you will notice the difference soon.
  • jatiger83
    jatiger83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements. That's the best way to see the results. I would try weekly or every 2 weeks. When you see those numbers, You will be amazed!
    That's another thing!! measurements do help you see where the change is happening. I have started doing that as well :)
  • ninjanurse10
    Options
    Hi
    and well done on the weight loss - for me it is the opposite - the numbers on the scales have gone up but the cm's have gone down. Maybe it is water weight though as my sodium intake is pretty high. Also I lost 5kg in a week from being ill so maybe it is just that weight coming back on as no one can really lose that much in such a short time.

However I am focussing on the scales although I know I shouldn't but feel so disheartened - when I just did exercise and kept up my erratic (shift worker) eating habits I saw a loss in all area's but now I am being healthier and have cut the alcohol it just doesnt seem to be doing it for me. The calorie counter on here has me eating below goal calories (when added exercise one) but I used to go up to 2 days without eating (maybe my metabolism is trying to figure out what I am doing)

I think everyone is different so just keep doing what you are doing and look back at everything in a month

Good Luck

J

ps I am on day 3 of the 30DS and doing weights as well
  • journeytocaitlin
    journeytocaitlin Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sattellitedrea, We probably started about the same time and I've lost 6 lbs also. I can already tell in the way my clothes fit. Can you feel they are a little more baggy yet?

No one else has complimented me on my shrinking body, but in a few weeks I know they will.

I have a work out shirt that seems to be a LITTLE looser but not a whole lot. My jeans still feel about the same but my legs(thighs and hips specifically) have always been my trouble spot!
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    This is why I think it's sooo important to take measurements before though I didn't this time around, but also pictures show a lot of things we don't notice changing. This is my first time doing 30DS, so I check out every 30DS thread I see...it SEEMS to ME that people START noticing a slight difference around the end of the 2nd level to the beginning of the 3rd. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like.
  • journeytocaitlin
    Options
    Take your measurements. That's the best way to see the results. I would try weekly or every 2 weeks. When you see those numbers, You will be amazed!

Yeah, I've decided that seems to be the best route! I'm gonna go out tonight and buy measuring tape. I think that will definitely be a good way to keep track and not be discouraged by the number on the scale.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    It's been encouraging for me to see the number go down, but even if it was going down more slowly you have to remember that the 30 Day Shred builds muscle on top of burning fat. I flex my arms now and there's actually muscle building up. It's great. Now I just have to use that muscle to shred(pun intended) off the fat! :) I'm gonna start running along with the shred to get more cardio in.

To be honest Girly... I bet you have lost in your face and even your arms if you are seeing more definition. It takes a long time to build enough muscle to actually notice muscle GAINS... but you will lose fat and see those muscles much more clearly!

TAKE PICS. TAKE PICS NOW!!!!!!

I swear! You will wish you had later on... take bra and panty pics relaxed front, side and back if you can! You may only see tiny changes every month (I take a new set on the first) but you will definitely love to see the big differences over time!!!

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • karenyg
    karenyg Posts: 79
    Options
    I started seeing results 2 months after deciding I wanted and needed to loose some weight.. I saw and felt it in inches before the scale showed any signs of loosing weight or inches. Even now I have lost 25lbs and went from a size 14 to a 6, the scale does not seem to want to change. WOW!
  • vscott913
    vscott913 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    About 20-30 lbs in... so let's round it to 25 lbs. Slow and steady girl.... good attitude! Remember every pound off is another one not gained! Veronica
  • journeytocaitlin
    Options
    This is why I think it's sooo important to take measurements before though I didn't this time around, but also pictures show a lot of things we don't notice changing. This is my first time doing 30DS, so I check out every 30DS thread I see...it SEEMS to ME that people START noticing a slight difference around the end of the 2nd level to the beginning of the 3rd. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like.

Oh, good to know!
  • journeytocaitlin
    Options
    About 20-30 lbs in... so let's round it to 25 lbs. Slow and steady girl.... good attitude! Remember every pound off is another one not gained! Veronica

So true! Positive thinking and the "I WILLs" instead of the "MAYBES" have definitely helped.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    It took me probably 2 months or so. I had less to lose (only about 25) so it was harder for me to see real, noticeable, tangible results.

You're doing really well, keep it up! :)
  • journeytocaitlin
    Options
    I started seeing results 2 months after deciding I wanted and needed to loose some weight.. I saw and felt it in inches before the scale showed any signs of loosing weight or inches. Even now I have lost 25lbs and went from a size 14 to a 6, the scale does not seem to want to change. WOW!

Wow 14 to a 6 with 25 pounds? Good for you! That's awesome. What have you been doing?
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    ALSO... make sure you didn't do what I did. I measured at the wrong places and didn't actually realize a 10 INCH LOSS IN MY WAIST. I was measuring at the wrong spot!!!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=womens+measurements+chart&view=detail&id=D8F5FD479AFF731D534A9A678F86AD5A638578CD&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR
  • journeytocaitlin
    Options
    It's been encouraging for me to see the number go down, but even if it was going down more slowly you have to remember that the 30 Day Shred builds muscle on top of burning fat. I flex my arms now and there's actually muscle building up. It's great. Now I just have to use that muscle to shred(pun intended) off the fat! :) I'm gonna start running along with the shred to get more cardio in.

To be honest Girly... I bet you have lost in your face and even your arms if you are seeing more definition. It takes a long time to build enough muscle to actually notice muscle GAINS... but you will lose fat and see those muscles much more clearly!

TAKE PICS. TAKE PICS NOW!!!!!!

I swear! You will wish you had later on... take bra and panty pics relaxed front, side and back if you can! You may only see tiny changes every month (I take a new set on the first) but you will definitely love to see the big differences over time!!!

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha I DREAD taking pictures of my body like this but I think I just might! I'll have to do that today before I work out. I can't wait to get to the point where I'm posting a Before & After! :) And true, little changes add up to big ones! I gotta keep remembering that. Thanks.
  • CLynch309
    CLynch309 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    In my experience, it all depends on what size you currently are and what the next size down is and how that varies for you. I'm 5'4" and for the past 20 years, I've weighed anywhere between a low of 125 and a high of 153. For me, that 28-pound range can mean the difference between 5 clothes sizes; 4s to 12s.

I started the year barely fitting into my size 10s and unwilling to buy more size 12s. I've lost 9 pounds since getting back to being good. It wasn't until I lost 7 lbs that I noticed that my size 10 pants were comfortable and now at 9 pounds, a couple of pairs are actually a little loose. Based on my past experience I still have at least 5-6 pounds to lose before I'll fit into the next size down, and more like 7-8 pounds to fit *comfortably* into the next size. I expect to be able to lose about a pound a week, so by mid-March, I hope to be wearing some of my size 8 clothes again.
  • gacornell
    gacornell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this because I've been getting really frustrated. I'm down 21 and I'm still not close to being in the next size down. I'm at least 10 lbs from wearing that next size. I hear all these people say they've dropped 15 lbs and 2 sizes and I don't understand why I'm stuck. At least I know now that I'm not the only one.
  • journeytocaitlin
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this because I've been getting really frustrated. I'm down 21 and I'm still not close to being in the next size down. I'm at least 10 lbs from wearing that next size. I hear all these people say they've dropped 15 lbs and 2 sizes and I don't understand why I'm stuck. At least I know now that I'm not the only one.

I SO understand that. I know from previous experience that I won't be down a size until I hit the 20 pounds mark. Since I'm taller(5'10'') my weight spreads out more so I feel like because of that it takes longer to go down a jean size. So I really understand....but we'll get there! Just takes patience...it sucks waiting but it's worth it! :)
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm on the short size (5'4" on a good day). And unfortunately, know from experience when I start to see size shifts. The first shift down takes 20-25 pounds, but for some reason, from there on out - it only takes about 10 pounds. I'm guessing its because at that point I'm working out more - but really, just don't know why it is.

I took pictures for the first time this weight loss - I guess we'll see if I really can see the difference. I'll tell you one thing - I WON'T be posting before and afters and I most likely will delete my befores once I get to an after. They are just so hard to look at. I know some feel pride in going down - but I'll just feel upset that I was ever that high!
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    lol I took near naked pics and started noticing good difference around 30lbs others started noticing 35-40lbs lol Ive lost 6 inches on my waist but still wearing the same jeans cause of my hips. Soon wont be able to keep em up. Hoping maybe another 15lbs can hold out lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!