Hip Hop Abs....LOVE IT!!!

Options
kandyjo
kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
I just finished up Hip Hop Abs Cardio fat Burn today and I am feelin' good!!!!
Does anyone else here use it? I love me some Shaun T.....he is so hilarious and awesome!!
Anyway, just wanted to see if there were any other Hip Hop Abs fans out there (:

AND....how the heck to I log it in my exercise log here on MFP??????

Replies

• FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    When I did HHA I put it under dance.
    I have a HRM now to be more accurate, but it game me a range.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I logged it under high impact aerobics.... but would dance be more accurate? I have done aerobic classes before and a lot of the moves are similar....
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Hmmm, good question.
    I guess it depends on personal definition of high impact.
    I do lots of plyo work now and it's pretty high impact compared to HHA.

Maybe see what it is under dance compared to aerobic.

I could NEVER use MFP without a HRM anymore. I soooo overestimated how much I was burning while I was working out.

:flowerforyou:
  • roxie17
    roxie17 Posts: 71
    Options
    I have budgeted a HRM for next week pay day - I think it will be worth the investment. Everyone seems so happy using one and it has to be more accurate:wink:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about buy.com selling them for $30.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Ok....I'm going to show my ignorance here...

What is an HRM????
  • cassangelidy
    cassangelidy Posts: 304
    Options
    :happy: heheheh Heart Rate Monitor.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Ah...ok...well, threre ya go! :laugh: :laugh:
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I love HHA!!! I have 1 and 2 as well as Rockin' Body--2 of them. They always give me a great workout! I was logging them under high impact aerobics until I got a HRM. For me though, the high impact aerobic calorie burn on here was pretty close to what my HRM showed. If anything it was low.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I love HHA!!! I have 1 and 2 as well as Rockin' Body--2 of them. They always give me a great workout! I was logging them under high impact aerobics until I got a HRM. For me though, the high impact aerobic calorie burn on here was pretty close to what my HRM showed. If anything it was low.

So you think I should enter it under high impact aerobics as well? That is what I think ( I have done high impact aerobics when I was healthier and the feeling felt about the same).....
    I don't know....I am new to all of this logging stuff (:
  • fitzfour
    Options

So you think I should enter it under high impact aerobics as well? That is what I think ( I have done high impact aerobics when I was healthier and the feeling felt about the same).....
    I don't know....I am new to all of this logging stuff (:

It's probably different for each person, but I log as high impact because I REALLY push myself. When Shaun jumps, I jump just as high. I always take the high impact version and kick it up a notch. I also use the weighted gloves through all his workouts. I think if you're really pushing it, you could do high impact. On the days where I don't feel like I gave it a lot of effort, I log it under general aerobics.
  • free2roam66
    Options
    Hi, I would love to try the HHA. I love to dance, but had to quit my dance class for financial reasons. Where did you get it? How much did it cost?
  • Loma
    Loma Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to try the HHA. I love to dance, but had to quit my dance class for financial reasons. Where did you get it? How much did it cost?

I was wondering the same thing because it looks like fun!:happy:
  • fitzfour
    Options
    I got mine on Amazon.com. I think I got free shipping for getting both 1 and 2. Also, check Ebay! It's a lot of fun, and really not that hard coordination wise!
  • corky882002
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, how many dvd's are there for this series? I was looking on ebay and there are so many different workouts it's a little confusing. What would you recommnd for a beginner?

Thanks

Corinna
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I also would recommend a heart rate monitor. When I do HHA Cardio burn, for the 45 minutes, I usually burn between 203 - 265.

Before I had my HRM, I went online and checked how much calories you could burn in a Zumba class and people said between 500 - 800 calories, so I was using 500 to log. When I actually brought my HRM to the class, turns out I burn from 350 - 450. Waaay less than what I was logging!!! I'm thinking that if you really don't know how many calories you burn, I would try to underestimate and eat less exercise calories instead of overestimating and then eating more exercise calories than you actually burned???

I got my HHA last year and probably used it maybe once or twice...LOL...Shaun T irritated me, but now that I really understand the value of cardio and doing the moves to burn calories (and not just doing it to get the abs they say i'll get! LOL), I put him on every other morning (alternating with Chalene and Turbo Jam). I just have the music up higher than his voice....
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, how many dvd's are there for this series? I was looking on ebay and there are so many different workouts it's a little confusing. What would you recommnd for a beginner?

Thanks

Corinna

I would recommend the 1st set. Level 2 is much more intense and I still get tired out from that one! I've put a link to Amazon for the set I recommend to start with. www.amazon.com/HIP-HOP-ABS-Package-Burning/dp/B000OIUPBC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1244823983&sr=8-1
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I also would recommend a heart rate monitor. When I do HHA Cardio burn, for the 45 minutes, I usually burn between 203 - 265.

Before I had my HRM, I went online and checked how much calories you could burn in a Zumba class and people said between 500 - 800 calories, so I was using 500 to log. When I actually brought my HRM to the class, turns out I burn from 350 - 450. Waaay less than what I was logging!!! I'm thinking that if you really don't know how many calories you burn, I would try to underestimate and eat less exercise calories instead of overestimating and then eating more exercise calories than you actually burned???

I got my HHA last year and probably used it maybe once or twice...LOL...Shaun T irritated me, but now that I really understand the value of cardio and doing the moves to burn calories (and not just doing it to get the abs they say i'll get! LOL), I put him on every other morning (alternating with Chalene and Turbo Jam). I just have the music up higher than his voice....

Funny...I really like Shaun T.....he's goofy! (:
    I have been logging around 250 cal for it....
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I got mine on Amazon.com. I think I got free shipping for getting both 1 and 2. Also, check Ebay! It's a lot of fun, and really not that hard coordination wise!

I either got mine from Amazon or Ebay....I really can't remember....its been awhile, but I just now busted them out to start using them (:
    LOVE the cardio!!