When do you find time to exercise??

Options
2»

Replies

• jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You find the time. I was in the same boat. I would make excuses like oh I don't want to leave my dog in the cage when she's been in there all day, I feel bad. I talked with my bf about it and he said you need to make the time if you want to workout. He also offered to start dinner if I went to workout after work. (provided I plan a very easy meal :wink: )
    I find it really hard to get up early in the morning. The only day I can justify it to myself is Fridays for some reason but thats a start. All the other days I go in the evenings. I am amazed that his softball season has started and I find the time to workout and walk my dog almost everyday.
    I couldn't agree with Arewethereyet more...I was finding the time to watch tv and go to fast food places.
    I am not that familiar with Florida weather but does it cool off in the evenings? Maybe thats a bit more tolerable then the mornings? Just an idea.

Good luck! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    I get up at 4:00 am just to make sure I can workout. This doesn't take any time away from my wife or kids. When I get home from work, it is family time. It isn't easy or fun getting up that early, but it is no harder than getting up any other time where you rely on an alarm. 4:00 am or 6:00 am either one is just as difficult for me so why not get up earlier and workout. It makes you feel good the entire day.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I know one thing-

it is almost impossible to exercise and type at the same time
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It finally boiled down to this for me:

If I have time to watch TV, or drive to a Fast Food joint to eat, I have time to exercise.

I actually wrote down my spare time in a journal for a week and it ended up being an AHA moment for me!

:drinker:

I never thought of it that way :huh: It's a great point and would be a great motivator for me...i might try it :happy:
  • Sparklene
    Sparklene Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Someone one mentioned FIT tv. I've recorded a couple of workouts and did one or two when I couldn't leave the house. Do any of you have any favorites? Someone mentioned the Shred being on their TV. That's not on FIT tv, is it?
  • xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    I know one thing-

it is almost impossible to exercise and type at the same time

HEHE very true. Thanks for that!! :)
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Someone one mentioned FIT tv. I've recorded a couple of workouts and did one or two when I couldn't leave the house. Do any of you have any favorites? Someone mentioned the Shred being on their TV. That's not on FIT tv, is it?

I really like shimmy it's a great work out. I really should go onto fit tv more when they have the exercise programs and just do them :ohwell:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not sure if you're able to do this but, this what I have started doing since I returned to work. When I returned after being out for 2 1/2 months with my son's injuries, everyone couldn't believe how great I look (if I do say so myself) and so they asked me what I did. Long story short, I've gotten THEM moving! Yep, we wog 2 miles a day. I'm at work and have a team now and that way, if I don't get to work out at home, I still have done at least SOMETHING! Hope this helps.
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options

I love Pilates with Ellan Barrett. It doesn't come on very often but I've been able to DVR it so I can do the workouts whenever...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    It finally boiled down to this for me:

If I have time to watch TV, or drive to a Fast Food joint to eat, I have time to exercise.

I actually wrote down my spare time in a journal for a week and it ended up being an AHA moment for me!

:drinker:

I never thought of it that way :huh: It's a great point and would be a great motivator for me...i might try it :happy:

Really, try it for a few days. I did it for a week and was :noway: at all the freaking time I spent staring at the boob tube or on here (:blushing: ) I found my hour that is for sure!!

:flowerforyou: