I really don't want to drink...

Options
I'm going to Sugarhut in Essex next week for my best friends leaving do (She's off to work on a cruise ship) - she's a massive TOWIE fan so it's our 2nd trip there!

I would love to drink and have a really good night, but on the other hand I really don't want to drink...purely because I know I will feel crappy about the calorie intake right up until then, and probably during the night, and definitely the next day!

BUT...I have bought a stunning LBD a size smaller that fits just nice :D

So...what do I do??

Replies

• KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to drink to have a good time? Wear your dress, have one drink, drink water or seltzer the rest of the night... have a good time AND be happy about your calories.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    Why do you need to drink to have a good time? Wear your dress, have one drink, drink water or seltzer the rest of the night... have a good time AND be happy about your calories.

AGREE!!!
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    Absolutely go!! The chance to go there and look 'reem' in a LBD is too good to miss.

Cut down a bit for a couple of days before (not on the day though as you will get too drunk), get some extra exercise on the day if time allows and drink vodka & diet coke (50 cals each).

I have had every Friday night out all through my journey, I drink several wine spritzers then 8/10 vodkas every time (at least 1200 cals in total) and have lost almost 5 1/2 stone since May 2011.

Have a fantastic night and try not to 'feed your hangover' the next day.

Enjoy x
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    just dont drink. i dont :-) and always have had a good time even if my friends are drinking
  • scampbellx
    Options
    Just go have a few vodka and diet cokes or vodka soda and limes and have a reem time! Letting your hair down once in a while isn't going to kill you.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. A lot of mixed opinions.. Now I really don't know lol!

Might be a few Vodka Diet Cokes :D x
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    Thanks guys. A lot of mixed opinions.. Now I really don't know lol!

Might be a few Vodka Diet Cokes :D x

You're always going to get the 'you don't need to drink' thing from the USA, binge drinking is not part of their culture like it is for us!!

You're a young girl and its reasonable to expect to drink with your friends on a big night out, its all about balance, when you lose your weight you will still go out so find a way to do it without too much damage.

Lots of dancing will help :drinker:
  • jess_austin
    Options
    drinking has been the main reason my weight has gone back up since going back to uni in september, although i had lost over a stone in 3 months in the summer.

If it really is a one off then drink what ever you want, sure u may get a hangover but myfitnesspal is about changing your lifestyle not dieting so if you like drinking then drink once in a while.

Just make sure that you know when to stop and keep it on the rare occasion that you have a massive binge as then you will be healthier but still won't miss out on fun.

If you are looking for cheap and relatively low calorie drinks go for vodka and flavoured soda water or if you like variety a few single spirit measures with a diet mixer ( i tend to go for single malibu and diet lemonade)

Have Fun!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Im definitely not a binger! The last time I drank was 2 drinks at dinner last week. And then before that - it was the beginning of December!! So I definitely don't go out on a binge every weekend! :D x
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!

I have been 'on the wagon' for over three weeks now - and truly don't fancy a drink at all. We are going away in a couple of weeks though for some sunshine, and I will def be having a nice glass or two of chilled white by thepool...

Anyway - when I am serious about the health and fitness thing - I never want to 'spoil' it either -and it is hard especially if your friends don'tunderstand what you are trying to achieve.

Why not just have a couple of drinks - and intersperse with some diet tonic waters/bitter lemons? That way you look as if you are drinking a 'proper' drink, but only you know that you have no cals in that glass.

Failing that - just go for it - and draw a line the next day, step over it and start again. We all have to let our hair down now and again.

Have a great time whatever you decide :)
    x