Seriously down and in need of some friends today!

Options
Hey I'm not usually down like this anymore, I started my diet about 3 weeks ago and all is going well.

I used to suffer with deep depression, and have been over it for about a year and a half now so this is not how I usually feel!

Very down, my little girl started high school today, and Im trying to force bad thoughts out of my head that I'm a crap mum. She lives with her dad, for no other reason than the fact that it works best for her. She loves him and his partner as equally as she loves me and my partner. She is very well adjusted, and intelligent. And her father can teach her things in school that I do not comprehend.

I also had two wisdom teeth pulled yesterday and the meds I have been given are making me drowsy...Although I'm low on my cals today, I'm scared I will crash and burn ...so trying to eat as well as I can....Just need to hear that everything went great I think... :'(

Any tips on what I can do when I'm feeling dangerously low and teary, I have tried doing the opposite of how I feel today, and now I'm drowsy and have to be home with my thoughts. Are there support systems for people like me. Often food is the first thing I tick when I'm down and then it gets much worse from there.

Right now any thoughts would be appreciated!
LilMizC

Replies

• SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Not sure what time it is where u are, but i would go for a walk :) or call a best friend. avoid going overboard with crappy foods because it might put u in deeper.
  • lwood42
    lwood42 Posts: 18
    Options
    I always enjoy a movie or a workout or both. I sleep, letting my mind process what is wrong and then read, pray and meditate. Every mood can turn at any point. However if you are feeling like crap a lot, aside from NOT beating yourself up and giving yourself some positive feedback instead, I suggest seeking professional help or just talking or going out with a good friend. Make sure yo do not isolate yourself. Get out and meet people and keep the social avenues open. We can learn so much from eachother. I hope you do feel better soon.
  • haleycreations
    haleycreations Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello LilMiz, I understand on the depression aspect of life I had it for awhile myself till I found a workout program that worked for me and I have replaced it with that in my life and feel a hundred times better doing so.
    Do not get down on what you have to offer your daughter, she does not see you in the same light as you see yourself. you are her mom and she loves you and finds things from you that she can take in her everyday life and use. I think you need to allow yourself to be down at times if that is what it takes to get through the day. You just can not let it consume you to where you lose sight of what you want to accomplish from joining this site, there is a reason you found this site in the first place don't forget that.
    We all have to cope with things in our lives that are hard keep your head up and feel free to add me as a friend and I will help you anyway I can, depression was a big part of my life and now I can deal with it as it comes in my life.
    Robert
  • jfbbradley
    jfbbradley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The wisdom teeth and meds are probably not helping the situation. You may just need a day or 2 to get over that. Just try and eat healthy and don't worry too much if you go slightly over calories until your mouth feels better.
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I understand so well were you are coming from..for many years I have suffered wih depression, I lost my mom and dad within a year of each other and I struggle with it..(it's been 10 years) I made food my comfort for many years ....I now excersie daily and it really does helps with the stress and anxiety that I have....Keep your head up and if you want feel free to add me
  • bgp6
    bgp6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi LilMizCharlie,

I'm sorry that you're feeling down today ... I would probably venture to guess that alot of it is the meds you are probably on for pain, those things work for the pain but do so much more to us!

I'm not sure if there are support systems, I am thinking though that there probably are. The internet is good for some things, that being one of them. You are never truly alone . There's always someone here .

If you must think of food I think you should think of GOOD for you foods, like fruits or veggies. I dislike veggies but I know most people do like them. Maybe something you love to do ... hobby or something of that nature? And most of all try to think positive thoughts, I think that's the most important. I know it's hard, God knows it is, but I KNOW you can do it!

I hope that helps some, would love to be your friend ...

Barbara
  • abschool
    Options
    I hope you feel better somehow. :)
  • Mary2270
    Options
    Be gentle with yourself. Give yourself time to heal from the wisdom teeth. Also take time to think about the positive things in your life. I have a "happy box" with a list of things and other things that make me happy. I also go and do something for myself such as get a manicure, pedicure, or a massage.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    OK, first of all you just have to decide to ignore yourself. This is going to pass. Maybe you have PMS. And I am sure the pain meds do not help. Please call your daughter and talk to her to put that fear to rest. I agree with others, get some exercise. Force yourself to move. This will pass so you just need to mark time until it does. Above all keep your nutrition up. Lots of protein and very little carbs.
    Feel free to PM me and be well friend. Also avoid alcohol and drink lots of water.
    Deb
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi! I know that you are going through some things, and it sounds like you are doing your best. Dont beat yourself up for the past, we can't change it now! As far as depression goes, I'm there with you honey! I have been depressed for probably about 15 years, and it is still a struggle every day. I know that I have times that I want to just shut myself away, but that is the wrong road. I love that we all come together here to help each other out! I have found several blogs that make me laugh and forget what is going on in my life by sympathizing with someone elses struggle. Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming! Today is only temporary, don't let it feel like forever!
  • Helenacabral1
    Options
    Hello..everyone has bad days..tomorow wlii be better!I alway call one of my good friend s to cheer me up!Take a nice bubble bath and go to bed everything is going to be fine!!!Fell free to add me!!:smile:
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am suffering from depression and also bipolar, with suicidal tendencies, so it's a huge struggle for me.

when I am down I go for a walk, more often then not it helps. when it's dark out though, I pick out a comedy and watch it, it takes my mind off things.

I get down a lot and many times I feel like doing something rash, and being on my own its hard to keep myself positive when I have no one around to help me. And also I don't like my friends knowing just how down I really am.

Usually after a couple days it blows over and I am back to normal again.

I am sure you are a terrific mom and doing the best you can for your daughter.
  • abhawkins_1993
    Options
    I suffer from depression and have to be on medication to keep it under control. When I get depressed I usually just got seperate myself from everyone and go to bed. That is definitly not what I would suggest doing though! I think what would help a lot would be going on a walk. The excersize will help with the endorphins and also help you relax. If you like music play your music while you walk. I hope I helped a little! Good luck!
  • ShannieRay
    ShannieRay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY WORKING OUT THAT MIGHT MAKE U FEEL A LITTLE BETTER IT ALWAYS HELPS FOR ME!!!!!!
  • LilMizCharlie
    Options
    Thanks so much for everyones thoughts, I agree that my meds and Wisdom teeth are probably a huge reason for having issues today, and will try my best to stay on board.

Its great to know there are others out there that know what its like! :)

I went for an hour long brisk walk before I wrote this blog, because I could feel everything closing in on me. My Partner came home to me cleaning and in a serious state of tears, he is so kind, he even said sorry to try and make me feel better even though he had no idea why I was upset lol...Bless him lol

When I told him, he reminded me of the facts, and that she is safe and happy as are we, and I'm gonna ring my little girl this evening and find out how her day went hopefully without tears :)

Will keep plodding along!