I have no idea anymore...was this a balanced day?

Options
2»

Replies

• justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    Please, please, please eat more calories. At least 1200. You're going to end up going through starvation mode like I did.
    Fiber One bars aren't the healthiest, I would replace them with Kashi if you still want a bar. As for the sushi, it can be healthy when it has brown rice, lean fish, and lots of protein.
    Try adding more higher-calorie foods to your diet, including peanut butter, olive oil, nuts, etc.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice nopedotjpeg :) I used to be in ballet/skating but stopped once I hit college, I work out maybe twice a week and I walk everywhere, so there's that. I don't have time for much else.

Well with those two workouts a week, try to find something specific you want to do and make a goal within that activity. If it's weight lifting, pick a goal weight for a certain lift. If it's running, decide on a race and how fast you want to run it. So on and so forth.

My thinking is this will give you something besides your weight to focus on, but still aid in changing your body. And most people can attest to the fact that if you want to achieve a fitness goal, you're going to have to give your body enough food to do so.
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Thanks, but I do want to avoid falling into anorexia athletica, or over exercising, I tend to be obsessive, but I have been using more olive oil recently I feel okay when I eat that. Don't worry I binge too often to go into starvation mode. I'm getting better though! Maybe I should find a good healthy recipe book.
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    From what I see...your diary had main carbs in rice and bagel,so if you would choose a whole wheat bagel or brown rice,the few extra carbs will not be there.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Thanks, but I do want to avoid falling into anorexia athletica, or over exercising, I tend to be obsessive, but I have been using more olive oil recently I feel okay when I eat that. Don't worry I binge too often to go into starvation mode. I'm getting better though! Maybe I should find a good healthy recipe book.

Well that's where you have to find the balance. I'm obviously not trying to encourage overtraining. And I know about dealing with binging. It isn't easy, but just know that one extreme (binging) doesn't justify another (not eating/undereating). You're on the right track. Good luck, and feel free to message me. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you do not have a disease affecting diet or digestion, this is the best advice I've seen for healthy eating. It is evidence based adviced and provides the reasons for the recommendations, but most of all it's easy to read and follow.

The Harvard School of Public Health - Nutrition Source
    http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/index.html
    The answer to the question "What should I eat?" is actually pretty simple. But you wouldn't know that from news reports on diet and nutrition studies, whose sole purpose seems to be to confuse people on a daily basis. When it comes down to it, though—when all the evidence is looked at together—the best nutrition advice on what to eat is relatively straightforward: Eat a plant-based diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains; choose healthy fats, like olive and canola oil; and eat red meat and unhealthy fats, like saturated and trans fats, sparingly. Drink water and other healthy beverages, and limit sugary drinks and salt. Most important of all is keeping calories in check, so you can avoid weight gain, which makes exercise a key partner to a healthy diet.