How do you fight afternoon SWEETS cravings?!

Options
So...i've noticed that in the afternoon....a short while after my lunch...as I'm sitting at my office desk waiting for the workday to end...I get HUGE SWEETS CRAVINGS!! Most days I can avoid dashing towards the candy dish in the other room...but somedays I give in..:(
What are your secrets....aside from guzzling water (which I do all day). :)

Replies

• jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    maybe have some berries nearby? or rice cakes that are flavored?
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    GIVE IN!!
    Don't eat a whole cake... but allow yourself a little like some dark chocolate pieces (not milk or white chocolate). It's not going to kill you and you won't binge later on.
  • Auspiciousgirl
    Options
    If I remember, I bring a square of dark chocolate with me for after lunch. I need to indulge a little :) Otherwise, a second cup of coffee usually goes better than water for me (I drink water all day, too).
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Fat free chocolate pudding :) it was my afternoon snack today and it worked :)
  • MissBettyBoop2
    MissBettyBoop2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a chocolate protein drink...
  • oliviazool
    Options
    Sugar free chewing gum. Crystal Light powder in water. Very sweet!
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    with boxing gloves and some steel toe boots. I just drink a cup of coffee with one truvia or equal. I usually get food comatosed after lunch and around 2:30ish i get real sleepy. then I just chug some coffee and i'm good.
  • Marmalina
    Options
    fat free chocolate pudding.. ooo thats a good one!
  • Trinafaye78
    Options
    The 90 calorie fiber one brownies are REALLY good! Or Special K has Fruit Crisps that are 100 calories that are REALLY yummy! I keep both in my lunch bag so I am prepared for a craving when it hits, but I only get to pick one each day :)
  • halpinj1
    halpinj1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    red grapes are so sweet. just let your body and your taste buds get acclimated to healthier, natural food, and they will taste soooo sweet after a while.
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    I'll eat a Special K Bar, probably not the best choice, but if I know I'm working out after work, it's okay to me. I'll also down a lot of water to get that full feeling so I can forget about it after a while.
  • sgroff102
    sgroff102 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Extra Dessert Delights Gum. The Mint Chocolate Chip and Orange Dream Pop are the best!
  • bikiniready201
    Options
    I like to make a pumpkin spice tea (decaf) and add extra skim milk to give it a latte feel! i dont put sugar in, but im sure a packet wouldnt be that bad and would taste delish! that goes for all herbal teas :)
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Water and cinnamon supplements. Seriously.
  • crazybeautifulkittie
    Options
    Trader Joes light kettle corn and a piece of their simply lite chocolate bar. That way I have chocolate and some "substance" of sweets. pretty satsifying.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    drink water.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I keep Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses and Ice Breaker mints in my desk. Then I can have one or even 2 without wasting my calories for the day. Trick is to not eat the entire stash and I don't do it everyday, just the ones I can't resist urge anymore.

One other item -- Jelly Belly. Only 4 calories and 1 carb per. So you can eat what you have left (sometimes I only eat 2 or 3 but give me the sugar and come in so many yummy flavors).
  • amyschn
    amyschn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I usually chew on a piece of sugar free gum or eat a sugar free jello or pudding. If I'm actually hungry I'll grab a Fiber One 90 calorie chocolate peanut butter bar, those are awesome!
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs are my sweet escape! I love the chocolate covered pretzels.
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Peanut Protein Shake made with Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk, or (before I started doing low carb... can't justify how many carbs pudding is) Green Grapes with sugar free chocolate pudding. If that wont do the trick, I allow myself a candy or two. But no more treats for the rest of the day.