Hydroxycut....

Options
So I'm pretty serious about weight loss and have had a. Lot of success so far... Is hydroxycut worth all the buzz and hype? I'm skeptical of any diet fad or whatever but I'm curious if it actually works to some extent. My instinct says just stock with what I'm doing!!

Replies

• katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Your instinct is right!! Hydroxycut is dangerous! I remember when i was in university a girl had to be taken to the hospital from taking that
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Trust your instincts. Any weight loss from supplements is temporary and almost always comes back when the person stops using the supplement, and they have dangerous side effects.

Diet and exercise are the only tried and true method to lose weight.
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My brother used it, loved the stuff. He used it to suppress his appetite, so he automatically ate smaller portions. Didn't actually know there was a "diet" but I'm pretty sure the stuff on the market is safe. Like I said though, it doesn't really do anything but make you less hungry.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    back when it had ephedra in it, it worked great, since removing ephedra, they are all pretty useless............but they used to work, not so much to cause weight loss, but they gave you plenty of energy to power through the workouts
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hydroxicut back in the day had ephedrine in it... Out of shape ppl would take large doses of it thinkin it will make them skinny... Then they would do some cardio which would result in cardiac arrest... Just like u can swollow a hand full of tylonol n OD on it... So its their own fault...

Hydroxicut doesnt contain ephedrine as it was banned because of people like that... So its not worth its price nmore

Now u can take ECA which is amazing if ur a smart person! Follow a 16 day plan slowly increases doses, stick with whats safe, dont run it for more then 8weeks...

Lets say someone is out of shape n over weight... They run on a threadmill for 5min n their heartrate spikes to 170+ now whar ECA does is raise ur heart rate slightly, raises metabolism and is a thermogenic... So u take the same person n he staarts eca... Now does cardio on top of that n suddenly gis heart rate hits 200+... its asking for cardiac arrest...

So whatever u do... Do ur reaserch, dont take more than recommended, drink lots of water n have a healthy diet plan set!!
  • skinnysmartbitch
    skinnysmartbitch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hmmm sounds like a really bad idea!
  • greg331
    greg331 Posts: 38
    Options
    you could see if hoodia works for you...it's a lot safer and does supress appetite for some people. might be psychsomatic, but worked for me in the beginning trying to kill the munchies before bed...now I don't need it
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You know what else suppresses appetite?

... a hard boiled egg for breakfast. :wink:
  • athearenee
    Options
    Trust Your Instincts!!!
    I tried it once....9 years ago.
    I got Heart Palpitations/Chest Pains and starting sweating....
    Freaked Me Out!!!

That Stuff is Not Good!!
  • pitbullmom87
    Options
    years ago when they had ephedrine in it, my mom used it and worked out and dieted, she started coughing up blood. so she stopped using it. watching that happen in high school made me not trust the pills. but once i got out i tried the anna nicole smith pill. trimspa, it made me lose a ton of weight, but then again i wasnt eating either. now that im older, i do it the right way, eating right and exercising. dont rely on a pill. your hard work will pay off if u put your mind to it
  • greg331
    greg331 Posts: 38
    Options
    You know what else suppresses appetite?

... a hard boiled egg for breakfast. :wink:

Too true! One of my discoveries as I got into this (but I've been slacking off lately). Eggs have choline which works great to hold appetite down! + lots of protein!
  • emybug2
    Options
    I took a bunch of those diet pills in high school and lost like 80 pounds in a really short period of time and it messed up my heart so bad that I'm now 24 years old and am on two different heart medications to regulate my rythm soo I'd say don't do it. They are really tempting though and their commericals really make you believe that if you work hard and take the pills you'll lose a ton of weight really quick which is true you just pay for it later
  • AnnieSPAJ
    AnnieSPAJ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try the hard boiled egg for breakfast. Or maybe after dinner since that's when the munchies attack.
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Green Tea and Oolong tea work well for me when it comes to energy and appetite. I buy the tea bags from the Ranch 99, Lion and Mitsuwa markets. I'm sure you could also buy them online, too. I know I could just drink coffee, but coffee to me tastes like a cup of angry kicks to the teeth. :D
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I use an all natural metabolism booster/appetite suppressant that works well. There are no side effects so it seems safer then hydroxycut :(
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    you could also drink some green tea or coffee each day.... a lot less expensive, and not dangerous (in moderate amounts - for most people).
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    back when it had ephedra in it, it worked great, since removing ephedra, they are all pretty useless............but they used to work, not so much to cause weight loss, but they gave you plenty of energy to power through the workouts
    ^^^THIS!!
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I took the supplement Ripped Fuel several years ago, before they took ephedra off the market, and lost about 30 pounds. It curbed my appetite and gave me energy, but I tried it a few years ago without the ephedra and it did absolutely nothing. Same with Hydroxycut. Don't bother, its a waste of money. Oh yeah, and I gained all the weight back when I stopped taking it, which I think goes for any weight loss pill, as someone said earlier. Notice on all the disclaimers for weight loss supplements that you can buy without a prescription, they all say to take while following a reduced calorie diet and exercise program, that is because they don't work.lol You are doing all the work anyway, so there is no need for those supplements.:happy:
  • kkarst
    kkarst Posts: 11
    Options
    Stay away from that stufff. Diet and exercise is what you need. It took time to put the weight on and it will take time to take the weight off. You are on the right path, stick with it and you will get the results you are looking for. You are also doing a great job motivating the rest of us with your workouts and weight loss so far! :smile:
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't take it either. The best way to lose the fat is persistence, diet and exercise. Once you stop taking a "fat burner" You risk putting it back in. Its better for your body as well to do it naturally =]