I'm so proud of myself I have to tell someone...

Options
2»

Replies

• SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That takes some serious will power :)
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I had a similar experience myself tonight. Yay for small victories! :)
  • bellanger5
    Options
    Cheers to you:) Keep up that strong will power :)
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Go you! I fell off the wagon last night and ate at least 1 cup of candy corn (my favorite thing ever) I hadn't had it in about 2 years!!! Guess what....today I felt so awful. So tired. Cranky. Miserable. Then in dawned on me it was from putting that junk in my body! Good job on resisting and remember next time you do eat crap, you will feel like crap ;)
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    And that ladies and gentlemen....is how it is done.

^^^^^THIS!!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Trilaina
    Options
    Way to go! It's hard to do, but so worth it!
  • katieg2289
    Options
    Woohoo great job!! You definitely deserve to be proud of this! :flowerforyou:

Just a couple suggestions that I read (and have tried that worked for me):
    1. When craving count down from your current weight to your ultimate goal weight!
    2. When craving count to or down from 100, taking a sip of water between each number. :drinker:

Congrats on your achievement! :happy:
  • slightlycrunchy
    slightlycrunchy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sarah_boombah
    sarah_boombah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    awesome! :happy:
  • his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have had an unhealthy relationship with food for SO long, and have had *so many* binges of >5,000 calories (easily) that this is a such a huge step for me! I HAVE to realize that food doesn't make things better! The fruit tasted great, and now I have no guilt that would only drive me to another binge.

Not only that, but I think successfully controlling a binge begets more success. When you start to feel out of controllishness coming on (yeah, I know it's not a word, lol) you can point back to THIS time that you could have made the choice to give in, but didn't!

BWTG!
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I went grocery shopping tonight. I had just gotten out of being in class for 3 hours, and was really hungry (bad idea for trying to grocery shop!). I was having a serious sweet craving, and walked all down the pastry aisles, the fresh baked goods, the ice cream, etc. etc. I kept picking things up and thinking about how good they looked. BUT! I talked myself out of them! Kept thinking about how many empty calories it was, and how I knew I wouldn't be able to stop at one serving size and would eat the entire container instead. So, I splurged on some frozen fruit, and am now sucking on those to kill the sweet tooth craving! I am so proud of myself for not giving in.

That is a wonderful NSV, you should be proud of yourself. I am proud of you!!!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Good job!!! I should take a page from your book.

I lost a battle with a candy bar just this evening. It was close though.. I'd almost walked away. but he hit me with the ol' 1,2---I don't even remember what happened! It was just that fast!

By the time I came to, I had the faint taste of chocolate and shame in my mouth. You take that NSV.. You take it all the way to the BANK and be proud of it. XD
  • PurplePookie
    PurplePookie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great idea with the frozen fruit!!!! I'm going to try to remember that the next time I find myself walking up and down the isles looking for something sweet to eat.
  • cathikerr
    cathikerr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    good for you.that takes alot of strength to say no.:flowerforyou:
  • strongwilled
    Options
    thats good