Can I Ever Get Rid of This Belly Overhang?

Options
Okay, so first I want you to go to my page and look at my pictures. There's a couple belly pics, just so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about here.
I used to weigh 197 lbs. and now I am down to around 147 lbs. My goal weight is 120 lbs. I'm just afraid that I will always have a little pooch. My stomach hangs over completely. My belly button frowns. The bottom of my tummy looks like a lowercase w.
I'm just wondering, do you think that I can ever get a flat tummy that doesn't hang or have a lower belly pooch? Will my lowercase w ever go away? Will my belly button ever quit frowning?
If so, what are some good workout and diet tips that will help me achieve this goal?
Please and thank you!

Sincerely,
Stuckinlimbo1100

Replies

• kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Uh oh, we're probably going to get made fun of for having similar topics posted within a small amount of time of each other. But I'll keep an eye on yours for advice toward my situation too. :) I can say that mine is getting smaller, but I'm not optimistic because I lost 20 pounds before and it still didn't make me happy. Being patient sucks.
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Uh oh, we're probably going to get made fun of for having similar topics posted within a small amount of time of each other. But I'll keep an eye on yours for advice toward my situation too. :) I can say that mine is getting smaller, but I'm not optimistic because I lost 20 pounds before and it still didn't make me happy. Being patient sucks.

bingo

and to answer OP's question: yes, you can but you have to commit wholeheartedly. Write a mission statement for the days you lose focus. Spend time to figure out a program for yourself. Research and learn new information about nutrition, exercising, everything that's involved. you can do it. it is all up to you. ask yourself those questions and see where your answers take you. good luck. you can do anything.
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I do a ton of ab work outs and use skin tightening wraps. Almost all of my stretch marks are gone and the tightness is really quiet amazing. These wraps are the answer to my prayers!
  • liljoli
    liljoli Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I keep hearing that Cardio, Cardio, Cardio is the answer. I am giving it a shot. I guess it doesn't hurt right. If you still have some to lose cardio is going to help anyway. Good luck!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I do a ton of ab work outs and use skin tightening wraps. Almost all of my stretch marks are gone and the tightness is really quiet amazing. These wraps are the answer to my prayers!

Sorry to highjack the thread, but what wraps do you use?
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    I'm also curious about wraps...
  • Cassiet
    Cassiet Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Im still struggeling with the flap, I posted a question 2 yrs ago about it lol still have it, I am attempting pilates and jogging....dunno if it'll work but figure at least I feel like Im rly trying to get rid of it, also curious about the wraps lol
  • Slyndsey09
    Slyndsey09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a little belly pooch as well! That is what I got for having a little bundle of joy 2 years ago but I have started running since i have to be able to run 2 miles for PT! I have noticed my pooch getting smaller I have been doing ab work outs like plank, standing crunches, good mornings, and more. Oh yeah also drink LOADS of water!!! =)
  • alabamaangyl
    Options
    I am also curious about the wraps. I, too, worry about loose skin when I lose more weight, as I have a large amount to lose.
  • cchartzell
    Options
    I'm not 100% there yet, but getting much closer, and I believe you can do it. Eat at a deficit, combine cardio and serious strength training, and lose your weight at a reasonable pace. It will happen. But it will be tough.
  • megmo_7
    megmo_7 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I also would like to know about what wraps the person above uses.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have belly problems too, but working on it. I agree with one of the others who is doing planks and standing crunches - lots of cardio helps of course, but I also do strength training. Patience is key although I would just love to wake up tomorrow and have abs of steel, but all we can do is what we can to the best of our ability...btw - I definitely want to know more about the wraps!:drinker:
  • perty09
    perty09 Posts: 58
    Options
    OK this is NOT me

its another MFP member who posted pictures of her weight loss sucess and I saved the photos for inspiration. In the pics u can see a bit of belly overhang and IDK how she did it, but once she reached her goal she looked fantastic!1 I tried finding her on MFP to ask her the secret but I can not find her anywhere! (if someone else finds her profile or knows who she is please let me know, i really have some question about the keys to her sucess lol)

Edited by MFP moderator - please do not post pictures of other MFP members without their permission

seeing this MFP members photos definitely keeps me motivated and lets me know thats its possible to get a flat tummy... heck i wouldnt even mind a slight buldge, but belly overhang can and does go away :) Hope this makes you feel as great as it made me feel.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, a lot of it has to do with genetics. Everyone's skin is different. Some women never have to worry about stretchmarks or loose, saggy skin because theirs has such good elasticity. Other women only get them on their thighs, while some women get them everywhere you could think of. I know a woman who after she had her daughter, aside from her stomach puffing out a little bit until she lost the excess weight, looked exactly the same as she did before she got pregnant. No stretchmarks at all on her belly and no loose skin, but she did get stretchmarks all over her thighs and breasts. Some people are luckier than others in the genes department! :P

As far as lessening the "pooch" goes, like many have already said... cardio + abdominal crunches every other day (no need to do more than 5-10 minutes if you're focusing the muscle groups properly.) along with a moderate caloric deficit will get you a better looking stomach.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

Hi, your post got my ATTENTION!!!
    When you say "skin tightening wraps"? Do you mean the kind that you go to to a spa for?
    Or is this something you do at home?

Thanks for any light you can shed.

Marcy
  • ladytinkerbell99
    Options
    That transformation is amazing and it is great motivation!!! Thanks for posting! :)
  • ladytinkerbell99
    Options
    If you do a search here you will see that the skin tightening wraps was mentioned before.
    Depending where you live it is about $100 to $300.
    It is also most likely done in a spa.

Marcy
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Wow, I remember those pics being posted, but I can't remember her name either! Amazing!!!
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    those wraps are the newest at home business money making thing. i know a few girls who sell them and you can throw parties at your house and stuff, like mary kay. i think the company is "It Works" the before and after pictures are amazing but im not sure how long the results last. ive never done one
  • TiffanyV25
    TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    OK this is NOT me

its another MFP member who posted pictures of her weight loss sucess and I saved the photos for inspiration. In the pics u can see a bit of belly overhang and IDK how she did it, but once she reached her goal she looked fantastic!1 I tried finding her on MFP to ask her the secret but I can not find her anywhere! (if someone else finds her profile or knows who she is please let me know, i really have some question about the keys to her sucess lol)

Edited by MFP moderator - please do not post pictures of other MFP members without their permission

seeing this MFP members photos definitely keeps me motivated and lets me know thats its possible to get a flat tummy... heck i wouldnt even mind a slight buldge, but belly overhang can and does go away :) Hope this makes you feel as great as it made me feel.

She is on my friend's list. Her name is **Edited by MFP moderator - please do not publish details of other MFP members without their permission