Turbo Jammers 6/8/09 - 6/14/09

2»

Replies

• nickie929
    nickie929 Posts: 3 Member
    I am trying Turbo Scuplt for the first time tonight! Pray for me.
  • hey ladies! checkin in today with 20 min workout with gloves.i was tired but tried to put all my enrgy into it and felt great afterwards!! and i was down to 134.6 today!! yahoooo

skittles, great job! you will get more coordinated as the days go by. i am on my second week and i still mess up on the 20 min! :blushing:

nickie, how was turbo sculpt?? that one kicks my booty! but it is a GREAT full body work out, i am sore everywhere the next day!

fitz, are you eating enough for your exercise level?

i am at school right now:grumble: going to do ab jam tomorrow morning :happy:

have a fabulous night girls!:drinker:
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    hey ladies! checkin in today with 20 min workout with gloves.i was tired but tried to put all my enrgy into it and felt great afterwards!! and i was down to 134.6 today!! yahoooo

skittles, great job! you will get more coordinated as the days go by. i am on my second week and i still mess up on the 20 min! :blushing:

nickie, how was turbo sculpt?? that one kicks my booty! but it is a GREAT full body work out, i am sore everywhere the next day!

I'm going to have to up the calories again! I'm right at around 2,000 right now, but talked with our in house nutritionist/personal trainer at work and she thinks I need to up it a little more even. I feel like I'm constantly eating, but I'm also working out hard with CE 5x/week and cardio 6x/week, so I need the extra "fuel!" We'll see how my body reacts to that! I also ordered a different HRM (one with a chest strap) as I think I might be under estimating my calorie burn, which might be why I feel tired and maybe off on calorie intake.
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    hey ladies! checkin in today with 20 min workout with gloves.i was tired but tried to put all my enrgy into it and felt great afterwards!! and i was down to 134.6 today!! yahoooo

I'm going to have to up the calories again! I'm right at around 2,000 right now, but talked with our in house nutritionist/personal trainer at work and she thinks I need to up it a little more even. I feel like I'm constantly eating, but I'm also working out hard with CE 5x/week and cardio 6x/week, so I need the extra "fuel!" We'll see how my body reacts to that! I also ordered a different HRM (one with a chest strap) as I think I might be under estimating my calorie burn, which might be why I feel tired and maybe off on calorie intake.

I think that's really a smart idea to up your calories. I'm at a maintanence level for my weight right now, and with doing CE and cardio, I eat about 2500 calories most days and my weight has stayed right on track, although my body has change alot in tone and definition and I've even lost a few more inches. If I go lower than that I really get run down and can't lift those heavy weights! Good luck! :smile:
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Good morning ladies! I'm just reporting my weekly check-in...

Monday - Fat Blaster
    Tuesday - Fat Blaster & 3T
    Wednesday - Fat Blaster & CP 3
    Thursday - Fat Blaster
    Friday - Fat Blaster & CP 2

I'm happy to say that I lost 1 pound this week and several inches!!! I am wondering why I don't see a bigger change on the scale though??
  • HAPPY FRIDAY! :drinker:

fitz - yes i agree that is a lot of output of energy, your body needs to refuel! becase who wants to be tired all the time?? :noway:

cpafford - great job on your workouts!! i have fat blaster but have not tried it yet, it seems like you really like it!! i will have to try that one tomorrow morning! :smile: great job on the losses!!! i bet your scale is not moving as much because you are losing fat and building muscle simultaneously. but the inches lost definitely prove your body is changing for the better!

i have not remeasured my inches since i started but i am noticing my clothes are SO LOOSE. i cannot wear my jeans without a belt now! i want to go shopping so bad but i dont want to buy something that will only fit me for a month or two so i am holding off...and making my belt tigher every day! :bigsmile: :drinker:

i hope you all have a great weekend! sunday is my birthday so i am planning on blowing my diet with mexican food and margaritas!!! i only turn 24 once right??? :laugh:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Hey Family,
    Checking in with ....... nothing so far for the day, LOL:laugh: Does running around the office count?? Whew!! feel like haven't sat down until now!!
    20 min + ab Jam nite before, 20 min Pilates in AM + 20 min last nite. and headed to my women's retreat for the weekend!!! Yea!!! Hopefully the exercise room won't be locked up this time but I brought my 3lb weights and sneaks so I can at least go for a run/walk while I'm there and do some of what I can remember from AM Jam - gosh I love that w/o!!

Cpafford- great job on your consistency keep it up and don't focus on the scale (like I do) you'll feel and see the difference!!

Nickie929- welcome and I will lift you up!! I hope you love this w/o series like we do. You can't deny the changes~ it really works!!
    Hips-Great job on the weight loss, WOO HOO!! Keep up the good work!!

Fitz-Megan was right, Good idea to reeval the cals and see if that makes a difference in your results, you probably do need the extra energy.

Might not see me around til Sunday so everybody have a great weekend!!

Janet:heart:
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Thanks Everyone! Just a question, do most of you have your activity level set higher like moderately or very active? I have a desk job, so during the day, I sit all day. But, I workout 6 days a week and really push myself, so I would think my resting calorie burn would be higher. MFP has me at a 1500/mo cal level, but being that I'm so tired on the days I workout, I think I need to go above and beyond that. Yesterday MFP had me at 1800 and I did 2000, and will try the same today. I'm just wondering how closely you follow MFP? I'm set up to lose 1/2 pound per week with the 1500 cals.
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Hips - You're right...you only get 1 b-day a year so why not have a BLAST!! After 2 weeks of TJ, I am now comfortably wearing my old size 12 jeans (which I am stoked about!! :bigsmile: ) I agree that you shouldn't buy new clothes every time you go down a size because you won't be wearing them that long. I turn 30 on September 24th, and I plan on treating myself to a BIG shopping spree for new clothes! I plan on being back to my old "pre-baby" size 10 by then. I have already warned my husband to start saving his money :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: !

Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • Thanks Everyone! Just a question, do most of you have your activity level set higher like moderately or very active? I have a desk job, so during the day, I sit all day. But, I workout 6 days a week and really push myself, so I would think my resting calorie burn would be higher. MFP has me at a 1500/mo cal level, but being that I'm so tired on the days I workout, I think I need to go above and beyond that. Yesterday MFP had me at 1800 and I did 2000, and will try the same today. I'm just wondering how closely you follow MFP? I'm set up to lose 1/2 pound per week with the 1500 cals.

I actually dont go by what MFP says because I am not convinced they are accurate..they seem a little too broad for me. Here are a few you can try. See if they tell you an avg number that you feel comfortable with. And play around with it! See what works to keep you full of energy but also making improvment.
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    http://www.magnetic-diet.com/calc/daily_calorie_calculator.htm
    http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/calories-goal.php

HTH:flowerforyou:
  • Hips - You're right...you only get 1 b-day a year so why not have a BLAST!! After 2 weeks of TJ, I am now comfortably wearing my old size 12 jeans (which I am stoked about!! :bigsmile: ) I agree that you shouldn't buy new clothes every time you go down a size because you won't be wearing them that long. I turn 30 on September 24th, and I plan on treating myself to a BIG shopping spree for new clothes! I plan on being back to my old "pre-baby" size 10 by then. I have already warned my husband to start saving his money :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: !

Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:

that is so awesome about your jeans! i love that feeling! you will have to post pics of all your new fabulous clothes!! :happy:
  • Hi Ladies! I'm home from vacation, didn't get much exercise in but I made some good eating choices so I don't think the scale went up!

There's been tons of activity on the thread in the past week!!! Gotta love the turbo jam!

Today we're doing my daughters pool party so I'll start my routine back up tomorrow when DH goes to work... missed chating with you guys. GREAT WORK ON WITH THE TJ EVERYONE! Happy to see everyone still goin' strong! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.