At what time do you eat your last meal?

Options
I try not to eat after 6:00pm and I seem to have success with that, but I might push it back to 7:00pm so I can get a nice workout in before my last meal just to trick my body.

What time do you stop eating and why?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat after 6:00pm and I seem to have success with that, but I might push it back to 7:00pm so I can get a nice workout in before my last meal just to trick my body.

I have no set time i stop eating as it makes no difference as long as you stay within your cals
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    I have no set time i stop eating as it makes no difference as long as you stay within your cals

same
  • Richdogg38
    Options
    @MotorCity & ACG - Well I definitely see the results on both of you! Thanks for the honest feedback! :-)
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    tea time in my house can be as late as 630pm, but I always tend to have a slice of peanut butter on toast about 9pm, then bedtime at 10pm
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I have my last meal before 7 PM because I'm hungry! But the only reason to stop eating at a certain time is if it gives you indigestion or interrupts your sleep.
  • neon8919
    Options
    I eat dinner between 5 & 6 depending on the day, and I don't eat after 7pm. Although I agree with Motocity and ACG, you wanna be careful not to eat close to bed time cause it stores the food as fat as opposed to working it off with more activity.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I nearly always have something 15 mins before bed. I've not noticed any negative effects of this.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I don't have a deadline for eating. I just eat until I have used my calories, then I stop. That can be at 8pm or at midnight.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    you wanna be careful not to eat close to bed time cause it stores the food as fat as opposed to working it off with more activity.

I don't think it does. I've never seen a scientific study that backs that claim up.
  • divinesoul
    divinesoul Posts: 48 Member
    Options

This:drinker:
  • Lollliiipopzzzz
    Options
    1 hour before bedtime
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat past about 7pm...only because I don't like going to bed with a full stomach feeling :-))
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Between 7-9PM, daily. I'm in bed usually around 10pm. Occasionally I'll have something desserty, but not usually.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    8:30 or 9:00pm. It's after the gym, and it works for me since my husband works late and we go to bed late. It's quality of calories that matter more than time of day.
  • athearenee
    Options
    I think it's important to keep your metabolism going into the evening..

So my last meal is really dessert; about 45 min to an hour b4 bed-(no more than 130 calories)

My last MEAL would have to be 2 - 3 hours b4 bed...to let it digest properly.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    you wanna be careful not to eat close to bed time cause it stores the food as fat as opposed to working it off with more activity.

I don't think it does. I've never seen a scientific study that backs that claim up.

True. In Europe they eat the same number of cals as Americans per day (particularly in the UK). Oddly enough we have twice the amt of obesity and this is because we eat a lot of processed food and things that come in bags and boxes. They also eat later than us in Europe. Think on this for a minute: same calories per day and less obese? Why is that?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner between 5 & 6 depending on the day, and I don't eat after 7pm. Although I agree with Motocity and ACG, you wanna be careful not to eat close to bed time cause it stores the food as fat as opposed to working it off with more activity.

no it doesnt
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    meh. whenever, i dont like sleeping on a full stomach. it can be as late as 9pm though sometimes. i dont think it matters.
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a lot of uncertainty surrounding this topic, but I've read several times that it doesn't really make any difference - I think someone once explained it by likening it to putting fuel in your car - even if you didn't drive very far the day after you filled the tank, the fuel would still get used on your next journey (if you see what I mean).

Hoping that's the case, as I don't usually have my evening meal till about 7.30pm!! And sometimes I still need a small bedtime snack after that (as I stay up quite late) :tongue:

Re the workout though - I've also heard that you burn the calories faster if you've exercised just before eating, so a pre-dinner workout could be a good idea! :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options

Whenever I'm hungry. 12 midnight, 1am. As long as you don't go over your calories, there is no time that you can't eat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition